merged: Adam Rooney

Guest zxycba

incase your interested.... Bury fan's point of view

... and yes I have nothing better to do on a Friday night  :tic01:

Just tried to register but my email has been banned as they do not allow free email addresses such as yahoo, msn, hotmail, gmail.

Is that a joke!!! How many fans do they have? 4, with only one allowed on the site perhaps!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh total pain in the @rse

here's some of the quotes, good & bad:

Decent signing. Would have him back here.

Great finisher

I wasn't massively impressed but to be fair to him he came into a squad and scored us a couple of goals. Seemed a decent finisher but nothing spectacular. Looked strong though too and with his age he's obviously got potential

Some good finishes...thats about it really. I wasn't really impressed with anything else.

Won't contribute much in general play but will finish the chances he gets.

Calm, clinical finisher but doesn't use his strength & lacks pace.

Is not always aware of what is going on around him & struggles to keep up with the pace of the game.

However, may improve as his experience of the game increases.

Not overly impressed but appeared highly thought of by our generally 'savy' manager.

good goal against mansfield away!! not overall impressed with him, but he is ginger so that's a bonus!!

Well worth a punt on by ICT.

Good luck to you & AR.

Played his part in our revival in the latter part of last season.

Every time I saw him play he never really got into the game, strange really but as everyone else has said he finishes well.

I think he will get better with games so a season loan would be ideal for him as he aint gonna break into stokes 1st team.

Surprised we're not taking him on a year long loan tbh - yes he has some limitations but defo played his part last season scoring some crucial goals and still only young...worth a punt imo.

My gran can run quicker than him, but he is a good finisher.

Tall unpolished keen potential eye for goal gives 100%

I had the impression he was a pacey agile player (don't know where I got that from) but I'm encouraged by the feedback

also waiting to hear back from the chesterfield website so will let you know what they thought of him

Elliot sound a bit too much like a temperamental poseur or something. Nah.... :029:

Brew might indeed have to get back into the jersey if all else fails. But we can't fault him for effort in trying to sign guys. :clapping03:

Problem is , either he is quite satisfied with the defence, warts and all, or he is keeping his cards close to his chest about who he might, may, or is about to sign for shoring up the defence. :008:

Frankly it does not look so good from my vantage point :024:

:rotflmao: Come off it Marty, I've gone for a few jogs in the decade since I knackered my knee but I'll never run in competition again cos I quite like walking. Brew might be able to run about on the pitch and kick a ball but muscling someone else off it isn't an option any more, as the man himself has said. Now off ye trot and wind someone else up  :016:

:rotflmao: Come off it Marty, I've gone for a few jogs in the decade since I knackered my knee but I'll never run in competition again cos I quite like walking. Brew might be able to run about on the pitch and kick a ball but muscling someone else off it isn't an option any more, as the man himself has said. Now off ye trot and wind someone else up  :016:
we,lll see,watch this space as they say....................................... :023:

Marty, coming on for a wee run around against Brora isn't quite the same as an SPL match. Brewster was told he couldn't play again unless he gets an op so I doubt he'd risk becoming crippled. I grant you he is still a registered player though.

Going for a run is hardly the same as playing a game of football.  For a start, you are in total control of what you do when you go out for a jog...feel a twinge and you can stop, and you don't have other people to factor in to the equations.  During a game of football, Brewster might be able to temper just how hard he might challenge, but he can't factor for just how hard someone might challenge him.

Whilst I agree with Marty's logic in regard to the risk of injury still exisiting regardless of the level of the game, Brewster is unlikely to be able to commit 100% in a competitive match and the opponents are more likely to try and take advantage of that which increases the risk of a "not so accidental" collision.  For that reason I doubt we'll see him pulling on the boots in any competitive games unless we have no other options.

Marty, coming on for a wee run around against Brora isn't quite the same as an SPL match. Brewster was told he couldn't play again unless he gets an op so I doubt he'd risk becoming crippled. I grant you he is still a registered player though.
my point exactlly why is he registered as a player if he has no intention of playing some part this coming season,even if he plays 15-20 mins hes still risking a injury

His registration from last season will not expire until the end of August....and to be honest, anyone capable of kicking a ball who is on the staff should be registered as a player IMO.
true but if he wasnt planning to play,why not just withdraw his name now instead of aug?all new signings are on squadlist,so its not as if it hasnt been updated lately

Why waste the stamp?  And as I said, it would be folly to not register someone who may, if the worst ever happened, be able to pull on a pair of boots and do a turn for the team?  You never know when we might land in the situation where the risk of injury outweighs the need for him to take to the field.

Really, as much as I agreed with you about the risk of him being injured, I think your clutching at straws on the subject of him looking to include himself in the squad with a view to playing in anything other than extreme circumstances.  It does no harm to have him registered "just in case", but you'd be among the first to call in to question him not being registered if injuries left us with very limited options up front and he was unable to even consider playing as he wasn't registered.

I had the impression he was a pacey agile player (don't know where I got that from) but I'm encouraged by the feedback

I also had the impression he was pacey. I also have no idea where i got that from!

But a big man up front - we need that. Get it done Craig!

"I think I will join Caley Thistle and I really enjoyed my week in Denmark with all the team."

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/758589

Sounds keen to stay with us so that can only be a good thing. Brewster seems happy to have him so I guess it is only a matter of time before we start shouting "ROO - NEY!" from the stand.

By all accounts he has impressed.  My only concern is that we all seem to like him as well, yet nobody on here has seen him play, so he is really an unknown quantity for all of us.  The chappie Evans was also supposed to be decent, but failed to impress when up here on trial.  Still, at least Rooney has scored a couple of goals in his games, so maybe he has something to offer us.  The fact that he is keen to come up here makes this look like a done deal. 

Guest birdog

By all accounts he has impressed.  My only concern is that we all seem to like him as well, yet nobody on here has seen him play, so he is really an unknown quantity for all of us.  The chappie Evans was also supposed to be decent, but failed to impress when up here on trial.  Still, at least Rooney has scored a couple of goals in his games, so maybe he has something to offer us.  The fact that he is keen to come up here makes this look like a done deal. 

I agree with your concern about the fan base making a judgement before seeing the guy play, a little like the Dean MacDonald situation. You say he has scored a couple of goals and this is a good thing which I agree with and a lot of others will too but it is in contradiction to the stance a lot of people have about Rory, who has banged in a heap of goals in our pre season, so should we now disregard Rooney's goals when making our judgement on him? If Rory was a trialist, brand new to our club, we would all be demanding that Brew secured his signature ASAP.

I have probably gone way off topic but just trying to put some sort of context into the debate (which is all over the place thread-wise) about our strike force. I have not seen either player enough to make a judgement on their abilities.

This is very true, but when have the fans ever had a say in who the club sign?  and dont forget, Brew has a good eye in spotting talent, he happens to think Rory has this in abundance!  :023:

I am on the train coming back from the burnely game got another 4 hours but more to the point i am just wondering has adam rooney signed for us as on the programme he was on the team list today and i was sat beside a stoke fan who was at the game as he lives around the stadium and from what he knew we have signed rooney on a year long loan deal is this true or will it go through in the next few days or has it already gone through as we have known for a couple weeks that it will probaly go through at some point.