New Stand

caleydon

David Sutherland put out the wrong language by saying the fourth stand 'wont be happening'. If ICT are to grow, a bigger capacity is the next big step. How many people are locked out of Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen games. How many of these would come back as regulars?

Better language would be the 4th stand WILL be build when ICT can afford it and in the meantime the completion of the main stand wings will go ahead soon. Positive language David please, if Caleys rise and rise isn't to peter out!

I think the article in the paper didn't make things too clear. A 4th stand will appear in due course, however, this will be a smaller type stand which will become the family enclosure. This was clarified by David Sutherland himself at the Fans Forum the other week.

The cost of building a large 4th stand on that side of the pitch is beyond our current means, especially with the gas pipeline that is there which would costs tens, if not hundreds of thousands to move.

David Sutherland also talked about "other" plans for the stadium, as well as his overall thoughts on what the entire area surrounding the stadium will eventually become one day. Even if David Sutherland's vision only becomes a reality in part I think we will have a stadium to be very proud of in years to come.

i sit in the family section in the north stand and though my old 'pitch' used to be on the half way line over there i don't know if i would be too happy about having to move from where i am! :007:

Think you might find that the uncovered areas of the existing main stand will be covered before anything happens on the opposite side and that will cost a fair amount of cash ..... Right now the club are not allowed to sell season tickets for those areas and (i believe) they are also not allowed to sell match tickets for those areas until the covered parts of the main stand are officially sold out ...

Would be good to see them extend the uncovered wings upwards aswell as adding the roof, maybe get another 300 or so seats in if they did that, and add some much needed office space below them.

I agree .... but unlike the 'temporary' stands it might be a lot more difficult and expensive to do ........ think I would leave this one to the Chairman and his staff ... he is in the right line of work to know if it can be done ! :001:

Just out of curiosity, why is this ICT football related thread in 'Anything Goes' and not in 'Off the Park'? As to my own opinion, I can see no reason for delay in commencing the 4th stand. I am sure a financial model could be worked out where it would be seen to pay for itself within 4 or 5 years based on filling it say 5 times a year in matches against the OF and Dons.

Why has this thread been moved to Anything Goes rather than ICT Off The Park ?

:017: It's in the ICT Off The Park Forum now after folk said it should be in that forum instead of Anything Goes.

How many people are locked out of Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen games. How many of these would come back as regulars?

A nice theory, but if the Stadium is full for those games, how many come back for the next home game? Not many... attendances drop from 6,000 to 3,000. The impact of any potential newcomers is not significant enough to warrant spending hundreds of thousands on a new stand. A new stand would, more than likely result in the crowd dropping from 8,000 to 3,000 instead.

Looking at attendances for last season and whether we need additional seating etc

Home games last season = 22

SPL Games = 18

Scottish Cup Games = 2

CIS Cup Games = 2

Highest Attendance = 7,512 v Rangers (SPL - 0-1 - Saturday 6th August 2005)

Lowest Attendance = 917 v Alloa Athletic (CIS Cup - 6-1 Wednesday 24th August 2005)

Highest SPL Attendance = 7,512 v Rangers (0-1 - Saturday 6th August 2005)

Lowest SPL Attendance = 3,121 v Falkirk (2-0 - Wednesday 3rd May 2006)

Our average gates were:

ALL GAMES (2005-2006) = 4,516

SPL GAMES = 5,061

SPL GAMES - OF = 4,588

SPL games with attendances:

>7,000 = 4 (Rangers(2), Celtic and Aberdeen)

6,000 - 7,000 = 3 (Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen)

5,000 - 6,000 = 1 (Hearts)

4,000 - 5,000 = 2 (Kilmarnock and Motherwell)

3,000 - 4,000 = 8 (Falkirk(2), Dundee utd(2), Livingston, Motherwell, Dunfermline Ath and Kilmarnock)

Therefore last season there was 4 occasions where we could have done with addditional capacity to house more fans.

Is this enough to justify the expenditure on additional seating?

There is no doubt something needs to be done about the wings on the main stand but I would far prefer a low cost stand on the far side first even if it is only a few rows deep.

In my opinion there is no need for a new structure to run the whole length of the pitch but the first Phase of it can be either side of the centre line with additional segments added when the monies are available.

As previously said we have construction experts at the club and I am sure they are doing the same cost analysis and will decide on the best way forward but irrespective of crowds etc in my opinion a football ground needs fans on all sides.

Its very unlikely that anything will be built on the road side. The gas pipeline is a problem. What I would do is develop the wings of the main stand. Build round in an arch at both ends to meet with the north and south stands. This would probably add another 1000 covered seats

Alex - David Sutherland said himself that there are plans in place to buid a smaller stand on the west side of the pitch. As CaleyD has just said it won't be as big as the current temporary stands, but it will be built as a family enclosure. This is to save there being a problem with the gas and also emergency access. The A9 is also a problem.

There was a possiblity that the 'wings' were going to be covered during this closed season, but this is now not happening. I'm sure it will happen eventually, but I believe that the decision has been taken by the board not to tackle this at this stage.

So we start next season exactly the same as we left it.