Brewsters Contract

CaleyD

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else on the forum so far, but while I was away last week I received news that Brewster has already had a change of contract with Utd. His revised contract means that should he be given the heave-ho he is entitled to a max of 3 months wages as compensation - sounds like someone upstairs may be having 2nd thoughts!!!

On top of that I was told that the Utd players were close to striking and that Brewster has already lost the dressing room. Could this be part of the reason for the wholesale shipping of the current players?

I find it all rather interesting, especially of the back of a comment made by an ICT player who stated that the ICT Squad were far happier now to be training under Christie than they were under Brewster.

We should run a sweep-stake for how long Brewster lasts with Utd. I'll give him till Christmas.

Christmas sounds about right to me. While Brew may be partially responsible those at board level, including the grocer, need to take a long hard look at themselves when management team after management team keep on failing

Some of it may seem like nonsense but I think there are some truths in what CD says. I'd be surprised if anyone other than Brew and the DU board know whats in his contract.

As for the 'striking'. thats very possible. A good number have had there contracts terminated without proper recompense. Brew may be losing the dressing room but thats because the grocer wants to be rid of the overpaid players without paying out descent compesation.

I believe it is true that our squad are more happy under CC but I think thats because he is a little less strict than Brew. I think CC is the type of person who naturally commands respect and loyalty and doesn't need to lay down the law to get the best out of his team.

I suppose ET thought he was on to a good thing with Brew 'the player' as well as the manager. He was probably hoping Brew would put a few in the back of the net and that might just have made the difference. Unfortunately the curse of ICT hit earlier than expected when he broke his leg. :007:

I wouldn't want to wish him any harm, but how long will it take for these guys to realise that they should stay put for a while. I still understand why he went, but it was too much too soon. Sounds familiar.

Suppose it depends on why he's lost the dressing room though. Was talking to a United fan and he said some of the players were arguing with Brewster and not turning up for training because they didn't want to do extra training sessions, the United fans would rather see the back of players who aren't willing to put in the effort. The players he brings in will know what to expect and will be hungrier - he's obviously trying to copy our team ethic. :003:

Why would Brewster renegotiate his contract wih less favourable provision on termination especially if his position has become somewhat uncertain ?

Where does it say that it is less favourable on the compensation side? Maybe the 3 months is a better deal?

This isn't the first time we have heard that Brew wasn't popular with the players. It will however be a sad indictment if the reason was that he made them train too hard.

I want, nay DEMAND, fit players. Whether they like it or not, the team collectively and individually got a lot from Brew. His extended run sequence gave CC a strong basis on which to build, anchoring us in mid-table.

His bad decision may do well for us, but I would like him to acheive some succes at the Arabs, just not at our expense, natch.

With regards to the Change of Contract, lets not forget that Brewster was signed as a Player/Manager who has not fulfilled much as a player. United would be well within their rights to re-negotiate a contract on that basis, especially if he or they did not expect him to continue playing next season.

I cant for the life of me understand the mentality of players. Theres unrest because Brew wants extra training sessions. Sounds like such a terrible thing. What are extra sessions? Instead of 90 minutes each day he wants them to do 90 mins footie training in the morning, have a collective lunch, then do 90 mins fitness training in the afternoon. In other words he wants then to work for a total of 16 and half hours a week for an average of £1650 a week. He wants them to earn £100 an hour instead of £200. Statisticians would say that was a 50% wage cut.

And before anyone bites of my head the figures came from the top of it and the whole comment is just my cynicism though the hours of training are true.