Captaincy

Alex MacLeod

STORY IN COURIER

This sentence intrigues me:

"Naturally I would be delighted to carry on if I can, but if someone else does come in then they will have my full backing.

Is Grant perhaps hinting that someone could be signed to take on the role?

I hope so - reading between the lines - that Granty is suggesting that we could be buying in an experienced defender with leadership skills.

Not going to get my hopes up on this. Think he might just be meaning coming into the role of captaincy as opposed to joining club.

I agree. I interpreted that to mean "If another player comes in and takes the armband, I'll back them". Not neccessarily a new signing.

Nah not rossco. This season maybe too early but i'd like to see Black get it. I've seen so often players with sometimes temperment problems mature far faster and improve their game vastly with the armband. And lead others by example.

Although Rossco has been a heck of a servant to the club and that should never be discounted.

I'd be happy for Munro to keep it.

Up to Brew though...

Edited by iamthecaptain1

He's a good captin but I'd be good to see another player with it:

Rossco for example!

Rossco's too inconsistant to be captain, we need a regular starter who is consistant and not afraid to shout his mouth off when need be. Grant Munro for example, best man for the job at the moment.

Grant Munro is to retain the captaincy of ICT, Brewster said he is ' very happy ' to let Granty continue in his role as club captain.

Brew says ' He did very well as captain last season and the fact he has got a seasons experience under his belt was another big plus.'

Brew also said it was a straight forward decision to keep granty, ie no one else was considered eh?

Fair enough, just wish he was more vocal and practised passing more....

Brew also said it was a straight forward decision to keep granty, ie no one else was considered eh?

If it was so straightforward, might it have been better man management, and more confidence building to have said that two weeks ago when the question was first asked.

I'd give it to Cowie on condition he signs a 3yr extension to his current contract

Munro is a great servant to the club but at times last season when he was under pressure he didn't seem to handle it well... other players seem more likely to argue with him than listen to him, which comes down to a lack of respect

Cowie seems to be one of the more proffesional players on the park and never seems to lose his cool but always gives his all.. IMO players are more likely to respond to this

Guest birdog

I'd give it to Cowie on condition he signs a 3yr extension to his current contract

Munro is a great servant to the club but at times last season when he was under pressure he didn't seem to handle it well... other players seem more likely to argue with him than listen to him, which comes down to a lack of respect

Cowie seems to be one of the more proffesional players on the park and never seems to lose his cool but always gives his all.. IMO players are more likely to respond to this

I see what you are saying but I'd hope that Cowie is in the running for the captaincy in 3 to 4 years time. I would hope that Brew has the long foresight to build our team around Cowie and Black, those two are our future if we can nurture them and train them in the right way.

Really, I always thought Cowie had a bit of a tendacy to take the huff when things wern't going to plan.

hopefully munro will do better this year as captain but maybe macguire would have been a good choice as he tries to organise the defence when we saw them in the friendlies.

I don't think Macguire even knows he's in defence sometimes, let lone organising it! Munro is essentially our only player who is 'Captain' material which IMO is pretty worrying. He doesn't exactly let himself be known during a game and a captain who's single passing skill is to boot it up the park is not exactly inspiring!

But like I said, not much better out there to take up the role :rotflmao:

I don't think Macguire even knows he's in defence sometimes, let lone organising it! Munro is essentially our only player who is 'Captain' material which IMO is pretty worrying. He doesn't exactly let himself be known during a game and a captain who's single passing skill is to boot it up the park is not exactly inspiring!

But like I said, not much better out there to take up the role :rotflmao:

Black and Duncan.

I hope Grant doesn't read this forum, but if he does I hope he ignores all the negative sh!te and realises that most of the fans support his captaincy, and applaud the time and effort he has put into his career at ICTFC.

As for you " he's all we've got" types, GIRUY.

Go Grant, all the best for the season ahead. :rotflmao:

I hope Grant doesn't read this forum, but if he does I hope he ignores all the negative sh!te and realises that most of the fans support his captaincy, and applaud the time and effort he has put into his career at ICTFC.

That will be the same forum and fans who have sponsored him for the last how many years ?

Negativity? All we want is to get the best out of Grant. Some, like myself, feel that although he is both an excellent centre-back and leader, perhaps last season he struggled to do both, therefore got stuck somewhere in between.