Site Upgrade: Issues

Good work guys!

I too miss the list of most recent posts being on the main forum page.

Also, is it possible to get the warning that someone else has posted on a thread since you started typing your response?

I'm not keen on the default of quoting the post being replied to. Clutters up the thread a bit.

Will look to see if there is a way to do the recent post thing although 'view new posts' and 'todays active topics' should cover most things.

Warning thing - dont think so, not a feature of this software.

Default quoting - you are using the wrong reply button. If you quick reply at the bottom of someone else's post, you are replying to that post so it is quoted. if you use the reply button at the bottom of the thread, it is not quoted.

post-2-1217692036.gif

OK. looking around, it seems that a few of the things mentioned above are not currently available in this software without tweaks and no-one has written said tweaks yet !!!

We will continue to look at ways to see if we can modify the code so that you can have your "list of most recent posts" [honestly didnt realise it was that important to people !!! as NO-ONE ever mentioned it as a must have when we spoke of upgrades]

In the meantime, the VIEW NEW POSTS and TODAY'S ACTIVE TOPICS links in your member area should give you a similar list.

VIEW NEW POSTS will give you a list of threads that have had posts added to them since you last viewed the site. It uses sessions so it doesnt matter if you login/out or come back already signed in. As you read the threads, they still show up in the list (as they are still new since your last session) but any with unread posts will have a little orange square next to the thread title. clicking on the orange square will take you to the latest unread post in that thread

TODAYS ACTIVE TOPICS is probably closest to the list that was on the old site. This will show you a list of topics from today in reverse order with the newest first. Again, topics with new posts in them will show up with an orange square and clicking has same effect as above.

even if you press reply on someones post, just clear what has been quoted from the reply box

also is there any chance of enabling quick reply??

good job scotty and caleyd...really liking it

Fast Reply now enabled - depending on your settings you may also need to go to your profile (my controls) and edit your board settings to enable it.

Fast Reply now enabled - depending on your settings you may also need to go to your profile (my controls) and edit your board settings to enable it.

aslong as you enable it in admin it will be there, options in user control panel just let it be displayed rather than pressing the fast reply button then its displayed...but that doesnt really matter, cheers for putting it on :rotflmao:

scarlet you will get used it it...by far best forum software imo

I had this problem earlier today and so did another user who contacted me.

I believe I resolved it from the site end but you may need to take a look at your own settings and make sure both the domain of caleythistleonline.com and subdomain of community.caleythistleonline.com are allowed to set cookies. If you play the SPL Prediction leage the same would apply to predictions.caleythistleonline.com

Is it possible to have a navigation bar at the bottom of the posts as well as at the top? The way I browse...i have to scroll back to the top of the thread am reading to get back to my starting point.

Guest birdog

Is it possible to have a navigation bar at the bottom of the posts as well as at the top? The way I browse...i have to scroll back to the top of the thread am reading to get back to my starting point.

There is a dropdown box at the bottom of the page which will navigate you to any forum.

There is also an arrow on the bottom left of each post which takes you immediately to the top of the page.

Scotty/Don, as birdog said, there is the dropdown menu, which is further down on the right hand side, but is it possible to put a forum link where these links are <<Next Oldest ? Technical Support ? Next Newest >> on this forum for example.

It may just be me, but my laptop does not scroll correctly (driver problem on the graphics i think) and I always used the link on the old forum to navigate to the forum index once I had read all posts in the forum I was in.

One click is better than two.

is it possible to put a forum link where these links are <<Next Oldest ? Technical Support ? Next Newest >> on this forum for example.

Cant promise anything, but we can certainly investigate. It would likely involve some degree of hacking the code so wont be done immediately as we want to be sure everything is running as it should before mutilating the core coding.

What exactly do you want a link to ? The main forum page? (ie main index of all forums), the index for the forum you are currently in? or something else? Please explain.

Thought I might have got away with my original description..........I knew what I meant :rotflmao:

Scotty, it's the one called Forum Home on the drop down menu at the bottom right of page, not sure if forum index is the correct name, but it is the page that shows all forums, the one you arrive at when you click on the forum button on the main page.

At the moment, I click on the arrow at the bottom of the page to return to the top then click on caley thistle fans forum. A link like that at the bottom would be neat.

Caley Thistle Fans Forum > OTHER > Technical Support