Site Upgrade: Issues

Thought I might have got away with my original description..........I knew what I meant :rotflmao:

Scotty, it's the one called Forum Home on the drop down menu at the bottom right of page, not sure if forum index is the correct name, but it is the page that shows all forums, the one you arrive at when you click on the forum button on the main page.

At the moment, I click on the arrow at the bottom of the page to return to the top then click on caley thistle fans forum. A link like that at the bottom would be neat.

Caley Thistle Fans Forum > OTHER > Technical Support

OK got ya now .... will investigate when I can and if possible, amend it so it reads something like this

<<Next Oldest ? Forum Index . <current forum> Index ? Next Newest >>

OK got ya now .... will investigate when I can and if possible, amend it so it reads something like this

<<Next Oldest ? Forum Index . <current forum> Index ? Next Newest >>

Turned out to be quite easy ..... I think :rotflmao: .... just have to wait and see if I broke anything else by doing it.

Admin, I notice that there is no heading on top of posts in threads. Not a big issue really, but when reading a long thread and about to post, I had to scroll back to the first page to see what the title of the thread is. Also when posts are now merged, there is no heading which would differentaiate which topic the posters were typing in at the time. They appear in chronological order I believe. Can headings be tacked on to each post??

Admin, I notice that there is no heading on top of posts in threads. Not a big issue really, but when reading a long thread and about to post, I had to scroll back to the first page to see what the title of the thread is.

The name of the IE/Firefox window shows the name of the thread (minus the secondary description line) ..... and when you hit post it then says "replying in ... <thread name>"

Also when posts are now merged, there is no heading which would differentaiate which topic the posters were typing in at the time. They appear in chronological order I believe. Can headings be tacked on to each post??

Short answer - I doubt it. will investigate though.

Guest birdog

For Pete's sake people.....if you want to ridicule Marius or talk about something totally unrelated to him scoring for Dinamo then start your own freaking thread!!!

Could we please have a "toys out of pram smiley?"

It is IE7 I am using, the one with the tabs for new windows.

I do get that in the url bar. The bit I am talking about is for instance on your post #32 at the top of the post between these words

Today, 05:57P ON THE OLD SITE DID IT NOT SAY WHICH THREAD YOU WERE REPLYING TO HERE Post # 32

Sorry, not very good at describing this. It's the heading at the top of individual posts.

Indeed it did

I had a chance to look at the code for that part of the forum this afternoon ...... it wont be easy but I will work on it as well as getting the last 'X' posts on main forum index which is also pretty complicated.

Do we really need it if it's already there? I've no objection to looking to add these things in if people really want them, but we have to keep in mind that the more we add in the more queries need sending to the database, and the more queries we send the longer it takes to serve (load) a page.

My comment isn't aimed at stopping people requesting things, far from it, it's just a reminder that if something isn't as it was before, then there's likely a reason and whilst we don't mind adding things etc, it does have a pay off. One little thing might make no discernible difference, but the risk is there that they all add up and eventually have a noticeable impact on performance.

I'm having a repeated problem when I visit the forums. When logging in I can view all the forums as normal but when I select a particular Board or go to the Board panel, it only allows me to view posts as up to 2 August (it states that I logged in on 2 August). The only way I can clear this is by logging off and then logging in again but as soon as I select a particular Board I am placed back to 2 August again. Hope this makes sense but any help will be appreciated.

Am liking the new site, BUT..............I miss the wee box that we had below all the different forums listing the last dozen or so threads that have been replied to :rotflmao:

feature now added on main forum page. The topic list should update every 3 minutes or so under the list of forums.

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed it ... and TBB's one too as I was at it .... yours should be resized Mantis, will need to look into why its not doing that ... probably some setting over-riding it in your moderator permissions.

• 1 month later...

cant see any other posts about this, so sorry if you already know! but having a few problems with firefox (3.0.3) and iphone...fine on ie7, the forums are fine just the main parts of the site

post-491-1223421601.jpg

Edited by Mick

cant see any other posts about this, so sorry if you already know! but having a few problems with firefox (3.0.3) and iphone...fine on ie7, the forums are fine just the main parts of the site

I use FF 3.0.3 and iPhone as well - couldnt reproduce the problem on Firefox but saw was able to reproduce it on iPhone. Try it now - think I found and fixed the problem