Wheres The Napsters ?

Canada Bob

Hard to believe that we have dropped in numbers from last year, even though there's a lot more money to be won !

We need to have at least 20 in the comp to make it competitive, and to respect the money I'm putting up...

If we can't get enough folks to join in by say Wednesday then I'll have to go find some to make the numbers up, do we have a list of who's signed up for the comp this year ?

You'd think we could grab the interest of at least 20 folks, 25 would be nice, but as it is today it's a poor show...

Make me wonder what's up with folks when I'm trying to give money away, sigh...

Canada Bob.

Hello Joe...

Well I hope that a few more join in, we need a minimum of 20 to make it competitive, 25 would be even better...

With that in mind, let's sort out the prize money, I'll put in 100 quid for every contender, so if we have 25 runners then there's 2,500 quid to be won...

I'm up for suggestions as to how that should be divi'd up, say to the first 3 places, maybe on a percentage basis ?

Let me know what you guys think, let's make it a bigger and better Comp than it's ever been...

By the way, did any of the women actually show up ?

Canada Bob.

Dont think to many took advantage of the free go!! I could get my another couple to join in, like my brother, but they havent got an account yet on this board, would it be ok for new people to join just to play this or do you want to keep it to regular posters? A good thinig to do would be to put up a post on the main board about the naps league and im sure you would get quite a bit more interest in it from people here as i dont think to many people read the betting forum regularly. what ya think?

I'm easy either way Joe, let's see how may folks join in this week, we'll run with what we have on Saturday, I'll see if any of the Wigin Mafia want to join in, at least you guys will get a laugh out of them, they are a crazy bunch, and quite outspoken, especially about Rugby.

Would have been nice if we'd managed to get a woman or two, not in the Biblical sense of course, but just to see how they measure up against us...

Canada Bob.

Many didnt realise the SFL started last week and with us changing the forum software last week that may also have confused some. I have posted a message in main forum reminding people about this comp as well as the NPL and the other Prediction League.

The comp seems to be a bit of a shambles before it has even started, poorly advertised that it was starting, confusion over what the "new rules and regulations" are, confusion over how many people it is being capped at, lack of a designated person to deal with listing the odds and updating the table etc etc

Bob as you are the main benefactor can you deal with the above or delegate somebody to deal with it.

I propose CaleyD :rotflmao:

Edited by johnnykipper

Have to agree with all of the above comments, I near missed the first day myself this year.

If Caley D is up it, then that works for me, but it might e a good idea to have someone helping out, maybe Joe DiMaggio ?

As for me, well I'll put up 100 quid for every entry, might be a good idea is we decide between us how that's divi'd up between the first three ? say on a percentage basis?

One thing I'd appreciate though is that we start off with 250 points, it's a long season, and some folks go bankrupt too soon for my liking, leaving the ranks depleted with less and less "interest" rather than building to a crescendo as the season comes near to a close.

It's always a better "race" when there's more runners, and exciting when a runner who might have been tailed off early on comes from the back and gets into contention...

I'm easy on most points, but I'd appreciate the points going up to 250 or 240 as it may be now...

Canada Bob.

Looks like we will have a good few more people. 250 points should be good, though i think most people go bust from giving up and losing 10 points a week! I'd be happy to help as I have regular acces to the internet so could help CaleyD by posting odds/updating table etc

From the notes I have we seemed to come to agreement at the end of last season that the format would stay pretty much as it is with a compromise to be agreed on the number of points everyone started with.....250 seems fine on that front, although I suspect it won't stop people dropping out when they feel they've lost touch with the leaders.

Prizes (if available) were going to be given to top 3 with my proposal that part of any Prize Fund continue to be used for the sponsorship of a player.

Numbers were to be restricted to 25 to keep it manageable, with consideration being given to the proposal that anyone missing 3 consecutive weeks would lose their place to anyone on the waiting list who would take over that persons points to see out the season.

Priority would be given to those who played last year, with any other spaces being taken up with existing forum members wanting to join....Propose we run with anyone who wants to play for first 3 weeks, but after that it needs to be cut back to 25 if numbers are greater than that....this saves people having to wait around and miss weeks to see if they are in or out.

Proposed that everyone would be allowed to pick a "default" team for missed weeks so they at least had a bet running....sometimes people genuinely forget or can't get a bet on for genuine reasons.

I'm not happy about opening it up to just anyone who wishes to walk in. As I said at the end of last season, it really irks me that some people already just play the Naps and do not participate in any way, shape or form to discussion etc on the rest of the forum. It just feels like their taking the p!ss, a bit like those "friends" that you only ever see when your throwing a party and there's free drink on the go.

I'm more than happy to assist where I can, but I'm afraid I don't have the time to commit to making sure odds are listed and scores are kept up to date as I have other things that need done which I feel are more important to the site as a whole.....I struggled to keep on top of things (time wise) last season, so best that someone else take the reins this season.

From the notes I have we seemed to come to agreement at the end of last season that the format would stay pretty much as it is with a compromise to be agreed on the number of points everyone started with.....250 seems fine on that front, although I suspect it won't stop people dropping out when they feel they've lost touch with the leaders.

Prizes (if available) were going to be given to top 3 with my proposal that part of any Prize Fund continue to be used for the sponsorship of a player.

Numbers were to be restricted to 25 to keep it manageable, with consideration being given to the proposal that anyone missing 3 consecutive weeks would lose their place to anyone on the waiting list who would take over that persons points to see out the season.

Priority would be given to those who played last year, with any other spaces being taken up with existing forum members wanting to join....Propose we run with anyone who wants to play for first 3 weeks, but after that it needs to be cut back to 25 if numbers are greater than that....this saves people having to wait around and miss weeks to see if they are in or out.

Proposed that everyone would be allowed to pick a "default" team for missed weeks so they at least had a bet running....sometimes people genuinely forget or can't get a bet on for genuine reasons.

I'm not happy about opening it up to just anyone who wishes to walk in. As I said at the end of last season, it really irks me that some people already just play the Naps and do not participate in any way, shape or form to discussion etc on the rest of the forum. It just feels like their taking the p!ss, a bit like those "friends" that you only ever see when your throwing a party and there's free drink on the go.

I'm more than happy to assist where I can, but I'm afraid I don't have the time to commit to making sure odds are listed and scores are kept up to date as I have other things that need done which I feel are more important to the site as a whole.....I struggled to keep on top of things (time wise) last season, so best that someone else take the reins this season.

all sounds good though i think we might have slightly more than 25 people playing after this week maybe pushing 30 so prob best not to cut it back to 25 if its not to much over it. cant see it going past 35 people. Better that than having a waiting list as the list wouldnt be to big and poeple that miss 3 weeks would be people that feel they are to far away from the top to keep playing anyway

Why are we now changing things?? We sorted the prize money and format at the end of last season

i dont think we need any rule changes and as had already been agreed no newbies allowed only board members

people who have allegedly been "floating" around the board for 2years and haven't posted should not be allowed to join

what has this guy been doing for 2 years if hasnt managed 1 postin!!!

Right then...

Let's sort out what we can on this afore the waters get too muddy...

As long as we have 25 or more then I'll put up the prizes as mentioned at the end of last season...

I guess priority should be to the folks who played last year {at least} with consideration to taking on a female or two, just to see how they do.

The one thing that I want though is the 250 points {240 now} so that folks don't lose heart before if they have a bad run in the first 10 weeks or so, as 140 quid in the Bank seems a lot more encouraging than 40 quid to play with, and the best

part of the season still to come.

Let's see who shows up by say Noon tomorrow, and take it from there, I think we need to harden up on that bets to be placed before 2pm dead line rule, even though a few of us were late last week.

That's my thoughts on it anyway, 250 points to from the start, and that 2pm deadline... after that whatever CaleyD and Joe come up with {seeing as they are the Administrators of the Comp} works for me...

Canada Bob.

Did I have a post deleted on this topic?!

I put a message up the other day apologising for not doing anything about this weeks ago when the first odds came out and I knew it would turn into a bit of a mess!

I will do my best to help out when and where I can but despite the small amount of time it takes to get the odds up and then add the numbers together it wont be every week. I had plenty of complaints last year so I just stopped after a couple of months :rotflmao:

What we need is either a topic or a new page with an actual list of players signed up, who can call go there to see the rules/payouts and whats required in terms of post format and deadlines.

Think the only thing that has changed is the 250 points start. No one that has played so far has been 'floating' so looks like it will be regular members. the 2pm deadline seems fine and we had that last year i think. With the new people joining this week i think we will go slighlty over 25, think we have 6 or 7 new bets so far for this week and i dont mind doing it with that. Guess we'll just see how many we have at the end of this week, cant see it going much over 30 and just run with that? Since i spend half of my time doing nothing on the net anyway i'd be happy to run it.