Tips for this weekend?

clacher_holiday2

The Naps comp has coincided with the death of all SFL betfair punts or tips being talked about like we used to, which is fair enough I suppose given the positive effect the competition has had on the place.

The rest of the world still plays football though and you can be sure that wherever 22 blokes and a pigs stomach find themselves in a field there will be odds available on it.. so what are you betting on this weekend?

I've not followed the build up to the kick off down south at all, so if any of you have a decent punt in the English leagues then get it up here pronto..

Falkirk v Rangers big price at 6/1? Too many injuries?

I've no idea, give me an english team to bet on.

Burnley looked good against us last week. If their strikers had been on targat more often it could have been a rout. I'd certainly fancy them to get a result at Sheff Wed and possibly take all three points. Not sure of the odds but worth a look I'd say.

Just goes to show how wrong you can be eh? Burnely looked good last weekend and ICT were poor. How the tables turned this week. Its a tough job picking out these bets.

I also had a hunch that Doncaster would do Derby but I never punted these thoughts out because, I said to myself at the time, "don't be a silly ol' Gringo, you know darn fine your hunches screw up". Don't you just love being a football punter. :rotflmao:

I'm watching it now, USA seem to be too good for them, every inch the Chinese give them they go straight up and score

In the end it didn't quite turn out as close as what some experts were saying, which was a shame.

I wish I had got a bet on that American swimmer doing 8 golds with 8 WR's.

• 2 weeks later...

JUST got a call from Thirish Lad, he's actually gone to Cartmel, and he phoned me to say...

"Be on it" he says it'll be well backed, and that in the last 30 minutes it's started to hiss down,

the softer it is the better Lethem will like it...

He says the plan is to make the running, and get away from them all, it's a stamina horse and

if it gets away from them they'll never catch it up, not in that going...

Bob.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TheFalcon

No Naps competition this week hey, but I've got one for you, if you can get on.

If you can find any bookies daft enough to be laying Sudan to beat Chad then put your life savings on Sudan.

Chad are notorious for throwing games, they have already been disqualified from this comp, they've nothing to play for except the money they'll have put on Sudan.

Sudan are no mugs either, not compared to Chad, Sudan are about 50 places higher than Chad in the FIFA rankings.

Paddy Powers have Sudan at 4/6, but most other bookies have already taken the match down, get on if you can.

Henry.

hate to say it but Toronto FC look like they may do badly tomorrow.... but then again, how often have we all said that about teams in adversity !!

9 players on international duty compared to Chivas' 2

another 3 or 4 on the injured list with no chance of making the squad

two strikers likely to start (Dichio / Barrett) neither of whom have lasted 90 minutes in months

several 'makeweight' plyers called up from lower leagues for a "1 day loan"

the head scout (a retired player) likely to be a substitute

likely to only be 1 or 2 'recognisable' subs as 13 of the 26 man squad are missing in total.

hate to say it but Toronto FC look like they may do badly tomorrow.... but then again, how often have we all said that about teams in adversity !!

9 players on international duty compared to Chivas' 2

another 3 or 4 on the injured list with no chance of making the squad

two strikers likely to start (Dichio / Barrett) neither of whom have lasted 90 minutes in months

several 'makeweight' plyers called up from lower leagues for a "1 day loan"

the head scout (a retired player) likely to be a substitute

likely to only be 1 or 2 'recognisable' subs as 13 of the 26 man squad are missing in total.

a 3-1 home loss (as predicted unfortunately). The game was a farce. TFC had their chief scout and the equivalent of TWO Highland League defenders starting an SPL game ! One of the defenders (39 year old Rick Titus) was decent but the other cost us 2 goals. The biggest losers though were MLS who - for me - lost whatever credibility they had established over the last year.