Aberdeen vs ICT

BA

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great day out in Aberdeen! Tried some new pubs and the grub in the Bon Accord Golf Club where the pre match crack was great. Great company, great away support, great team display, great goals and great result. Even our team, led by Barrowman made the effort to acknowledge our support. The atmosphere at the end was tremendous. Great to be top of the league - Keep it up. Roll on Hamilton - hope the atmosphere is half as good.

Good start to the season. Aberdeen huffed and puffed but thanks largely to the tireless work of all four midfielders, seldom threatened. On the few occasions when they did the defence and Fraser were up to the task although it has to be said that the Dons were fairly inept.

I'm no great fan of Brewster but he has to get credit for his tactics on this occasion. If we can get another experienced forward and a central defender it might not be such a bad season after all.

That said, there's no room for complacency next week against a Hamilto side who are likely to be miles ahead of Gretna.

How sick am I that me and the other half didn't go through to Aberdeen on Saturday?????? The thought was there, but tiredness won the day - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! What a spectacular win for the boys and so deserved at long last. Only hope it gives the boys heart to believe that they can win every match they play - they've got the capability as Saturday's match proved. One in the eye for all the central belt pundits who are only too ready to write ICT off as an amateur highland side!!! Good to see the boys at the beginning of Sportscene - I for one used to get totally hacked off at having to wait till the end of Scotsport to see them, by which time I was losing the will to live after listening to how fab the old firm were in every report etc etc etc. Can't wait till Saturday and our first home game of the season - c'mon the boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!