Aberdeen vs ICT

BA

well done lads :thumb04: a lot of fans celebrating,yet a few days ago were slagging brewsters coaching abilties off,looks like he got it spot on today with midfield dominating and munro+tokley rocks at the back,any humble pie being eaten???

Will make sure a large slice is saved for you, don't worry :rotflmao:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YAAAAAAAASSSS!

Brilliant result and while some negatives (yes there are some) exist that's already the result of the season for me. Aberdeen were rubbish. Utter guff. In the first half we controlled the midfield and had some good chances to take the lead before a wonderful cross from Tokely found Barrowman lurking at the back post who knocked it home. I cannot begin to describe just how good the ball from Tokely was to set up the goal.

Into the 2nd half and the defence looked somewhat unsteady at times and we resorted to long ball (that's the negatives) but later on we steadied ourselves and tried to take the ball down and pass it. Imrie had a glorious chance to seal it when a short kick by Langfield was latched onto by Imrie who blazed over. A goal was then disallowed for us as the ball was out of play when Barrowman headed back across goal but right at the end with Aberdeen pressing we broke and McBain was released into the box where he fired a wonderful finish beyond Jamie "Calamity" Langfield and sent us all into raptures.

Munro was great, Cowie brilliant, Black confident and composed in midfield and Imrie a real thorn in the side of the Aberdeen side.

Make no mistake we deserved it. A wonderful result - well done all the lads and we all really appreciated them coming over to applaud us. Bring on Hamilton! :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018:

Edited by RiG

Guest notsuchabadlad

Great result. I am here in London and have started on bottle of champagne. I was worried about this season, but this is a great start.

Jimmy Calderwood - crying.gif

What a fool. ICT got the breaks and in the first twenty minutes there was one team in it. Aye good one lad. ICT were by far the better team and until the 2nd half you created the square root of squat in the first half and couldn't pass a ball 10 yards :rotflmao:

The only time we really had to be worried was in the 2nd half when you hit the post and Munro made a wonderful sliding challenge to block out a pass that would have led to a certain goal.

Better luck next time Tangoman :thumb04:

Jimmy Calderwood - crying.gif

What a fool. ICT got the breaks and in the first twenty minutes there was one team in it. Aye good one lad. ICT were by far the better team and until the 2nd half you created the square root of squat in the first half and couldn't pass a ball 10 yards :rotflmao:

The only time we really had to be worried was in the 2nd half when you hit the post and Munro made a wonderful sliding challenge to block out a pass that would have led to a certain goal.

Better luck next time Tangoman :thumb04:

hilarious... he is a worse loser than Strachan (unfortunately this is the first chance we've had to see it)

I hear that Calderwood referred back to his usual 4-2-4 towards the end of the match... and some say Brew is tactically inept

Edited by Harry Chibber

I hear that Calderwood referred back to his usual 4-2-4 towards the end of the match... and some say Brew is tactically inept

Brewster got it spot on but I wish he would get the guys to pass more. It's like an untapped resource for us that I firmly believe could cut teams to ribbons. At one point we were lumping the ball back to Aberdeen who came at us again and the process repeated itself.

However, on some occasions we took the ball down, passed it around the entire Aberdeen "midfield" twice over and broke forward effectively because of it. If we have the ball - the other team don't = they won't score. Let's see more of it Craig! :rotflmao:

Great start and who better to beat than the Dandies....

Billy Dodds actually said in Sportscene that " Aberdeen should be beating teams like that" meaning ICT...well get it up you Dodds, you were a p*sh player and your just as p*sh as a pundit

Billy Dodds actually said in Sportscene that " Aberdeen should be beating teams like that" meaning ICT...well get it up you Dodds, you were a p*sh player and your just as p*sh as a pundit

Billy Dodds is a cock. Apparently through the week he said, after Rangers defeat to Hearts Reserves, that certain players aren't good enough to play for Rangers and that "everyone know who they were". When asked who he meant he said "I'm not naming names" - what a trumpet :rotflmao:

WOO HOO!!!

FINALLY.

Well done to the manager and all the players :thumb04:

What a great way to start the season - my face is aching from grinning so much!

I really thought we'd geaten beaten today but I'm DELIGHTED we won

That's a nice monkey off our back and one less cliche for the media to trawl out when we play the Dons :rotflmao:

Glad to hear Calderwood is such a gracious loser :018:

Billy Dodds is a **** and he will slag off Brewster at any given chance due to the fact that he resents what he said when he took over at Tannadice ( he was part of the old pals act that CB had to dispose of )

We all know that it didnt work out for Brew there partly due to a manic impatient chairman but if you watch the press and listen to Dodds on radio he has a big issue with what happened.

At least the wee hun p**** is evenly balanced -- he has a chip on both shoulders !!

Only 1 thing to say

Willie Miller, Dick Donald, Stuart Milne, Annie Lennox, Robbie Shepherd, Paul Lawrie, Denis Law, Kirsten Gove, Tyrone the sports reporter, Grampian TV, Scotland the What, Evelyn Glennie, Lee Mcallister, Nicol stephen, Frank Gilfeather, Queen Liz at Balmoral, Billy Connolly and his Hollywood friends in their hideaway, aurora borealis, Richard Gordon,

your boys took one **** of a beating!!! :rotflmao:

we have to praise Brewster.

he managed the team well.

more performances like that and people might think twice about us being related.

and I don't think Brewster will be going any where soon.

Top of the league!

not for long but it?ll be good whilst it lasts.

:rotflmao: