Aberdeen vs ICT

BA

Guest Spectre

I think in all our previous SPL seasons we lost the first match?

No in the second season we beat Falkirk 2-0, Brewster scoring both I recollect.

Can't remember what happened in the third season.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was fun!

We did enough to deserve that result; periods of the second half were spent with our back four forming a perimeter around our box, but Aberdeen didn't create very many chances. I can't speak highly enough of Grant Munro today, he was absolutely magnificent and could be seen cajoling and urging his teammates as a captain should. It wasn't always sophisticated, but it was fantastic. Further up the pitch, the boy Barrowman showed his predator instinct to tap in Rossco's superb cross, and then worked like a dog as a lone striker. Imrie should have had a goal but worked tirelessly, and he uses the ball really well, putting the likes of Smith and De Visscher in the shade. In the first half, he combined really well with Rossco who put in a series of great crosses before the opening goal. Duncan also had a great game, getting in about them with Black and winning an awful lot of tackles. I was going to slag off Roy for having one of his quiet days but then he did what he does best - running full pelt when everyone else is knackered - and a goal with his right foot is a collector's item. The away end made a racket today, and the place went flipping mental when the second one went in.

Anyway, it wasn't the perfect performance by any means, but I've no complaints with Brew today after that. Great stuff!

BBC post match

Home loss frustrates Dons manager

Calderwood watched his side defeated by Inverness

Aberdeen manager Jimmy Calderwood was critical of his team following the home loss to Inverness.

The opening day SPL defeat was the first time the Dons had ever lost to the Highlanders.

"Our passion let us down, there were too many good players that didn't play well today," said Calderwood.

"All credit to Inverness, they defended really well. They made it very difficult for us and we didn't have the form to break them down."

And Calderwood admits that the visitors were worthy winners at Pittodrie.

"They're a well-organised team," he added.

"They got the breaks today and deserved their victory."

And from Craig

Brewster praise for Inverness win

Inverness boss Craig Brewster hailed the effort of his team following their first ever victory over Aberdeen.

Goals from Andrew Barrowman and Roy McBain gave the Highlanders an opening day SPL win at Pittodrie.

"I thought team spirit and teamwork won us the game today," said Brewster. "We competed really well and looked dangerous on the break.

"I was confident in my players and what they've done over the last six weeks so that performance just confirmed that."

Brewster was also pleased for his two goalscorers with Barrowman finding the net on his debut and McBain scoring on his 300th appearance for the club.

"When you score goals at any level, I always believe you can score at the top level," added Brewster.

"Andrew wants to do well for himself and he wants to do well for the team. I'm excited about seeing him develop in the next three years.

"Roy's been a great servant to Caley Thistle and I'm delighted he got on the scoresheet today."

Excellent result - gutted i missed the game but i had rehearsals that i 4got about (festival time means lots of work for musicians). Great that barrowman scored - hopefully that'll put pay to worries that he'll have a slow start to the season while he tries to find the net for the first couple of times.

Oh well, that's made my night...

just in form the game what a result and some grat performaces to boot top oh the league

what made it even sweatter was i was in the legends lounge with a customer and was one and only person to collect winnings as well

Edited by caleyblue

Well done ICT, great result. Despite a poor pre-season (in the fans eyes) you took the Don's naping and stormed to the top of the league. The first win against the Don's must have been so so sweet...and on their pitch too. Fanbl00dytastic. :rotflmao:

Superb day, and superb result. Just how gash are Aberdeen eh?? Feckin woeful.

As for us....it was a bit like that season where we played some really great counter-attacking stuff. We did it again today, and could easily have got a third goal.

Defence was excellent.....though McGuire still gives me afright anytime it's anywhere near him.

The midfield were outstanding, and worked tirelessly throughout. Each of them never stopped, and supported Barrowman superbly.

Barrowman....looks a great signing, held the ball up excellently, and harried their defence all game.

I said yesterday I was quietly confident, but I didn't expect it to be as good as that!

WE'RE TOP OF THE TABLE ABERDEEN ARE BOTTOM

HOW F****** GOOD IS THAT !!!!!! :015: :rotflmao: :thumb04:

MIGHT AS WELL ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS :018: ;) :lol:

WELL DONE BOYS , GUTTED I DIDNT MAKE THE GAME

LOOK FORWARD TO BEATING THEM ON OUR OWN TURF !!!

MON THE CALEY :D :P :021:

Guest msmithstfc

Well done Caleythistle. A excellent result over Aberdeen, my son is wearing his inverness shirt with pride down here in Gloucestershire. may this form continue.

New BBC pundit, Steve Frail, predicted a 2-0 win for Aberdeen over ICT. On this form maybe he should have stuck to managing Hearts? :rotflmao:

Well done the ICT lads!!

Now go print off that league table (with us at the top) while you still can. It's priceless!!

Edited by A96

Thanks for that stunner Roy, can you buy me a new mobile phone please. When the ball was on it's way to the sweet sweet back of the lovely juicy Dons net, in my youthful exuberance I (and a few hundred others) leapt to my feet and bounced around uncontrolably. At the apex of my orbit, my mobile phone slipped quietly out of my top pocket and landed at Uncle Albert's feet in the row in front... (during the war that often happened). Caley100 did a similar leap and his hands whisked the specs straight off the head of The Mantis in the row behind. (what a spectacle) The specs are OK I believe, but my mobile is fooked, the screen is burst. Anyway, great to see grown men and women united in unison and belief, belief that we will be top of the league (and you're no) even if only for a day, for to stick one on the Dons chin in their own backyard was worth the toothache and six hour round trip. I was there, yes, I was there the day we beat the Dons, something to remember when I am old........hmmnnn.

Don't listen to Tangomans downright lies, we were the team in command, moreso in the first half and deservedly took the lead. This involved a ten man move. Duncan nicked the ball around the edge of the centre circle, shifted it across his feet then let wee Blackie take over, he squared the ball to Imrie who in turn shipped it to Rossco. The big man strode forward a few paces then slid a low curved and angled ball into the six yard box, behind the defenders and in front of the keeper, missing five Dons defenders by millimetres in synchronised defending. It made it's way through to Barrowman who stroked it home nicely, bliss, superb end to the ten man move.

Second half Don's as expected pushed for an equaliser, but our defenders were having a good day and Mike had nothing to deal with of any consequence. Perfect for us, hit on the counter. Imrie picked up a loose clearance but shot too early maybe, as he picked a spot a yard high of the crossbar. A disallowed goal also from Roy after Barrowman knocked a deep cross back into the box, flag up though. Don's continued to fumble their way forward, we continued to thwart them and our tactics paid off when we broke forward as if Pele was in charge and Roy broke my phone, yes, Roy broke my phone. Fandabbydozy, breathtaking box to box sprint from Roy. McGuire did his best to upset the away support leaving some high balls but Aberdeen were inept. They did hit the post at the death and miss from three yards but too little too late for them, who cares, I don't.

Cap'n Grantie roasted a few ears, well done Grantie, keep them on their toes you had a great game today only eclipsed by Russeldinho for me, although as said elsewhere, difficult one to call MoM as everyone played their part.

Happy car on the way home with Caley100, Uncle Albert, Caley Stan, Zogg and a mobileless tm4tj purring contentedly. Yep, the cats have all the cream.

Edited by themann4thejob
I couldnae spell wonem and added Blackie to the opening goal credits

Possibly the best game ive ever been to and possibly the best day of my life. Almost p*ssing myself waiting for the final whistle and then Roy McNain manages to run 50 yards and sweep home the best move i have seen in a long time from ICT. Keep it up brewster, i don't know how you did it but long may it continue...

Aye, too right - the Setanta coverage I just watched was rubbish. Showed more of Aberdeen's non-scoring moves and only the two Caley Thistle goals.

Caley Thistle fans pay their subscriptions too and demand fair play. It might have escaped Setanta's notice but we're top of the SPL and not those two Glasgow diddy teams they're always fawning over. Must do better.....much better.

:rotflmao: :thumb04: :018:

BBC Highlights don't appear much better.

Was pretty much the same last season, I remember after our game down at Hibs at the start of the seson where we pretty much controlled the match (but couldn't score) the highlights showed the very few chances by Hibs and the goal making it look like Hibs had dominated the match.