New advertising hoardings

Bronson

As someone who takes kids with disabilities to home games, i was astounded today to see the new additional advertising boards.

With all disabled supporters being stuck in the very front rows with no shelter from the conditions, having to struggle to see past stewards, police and subs, having the lovely new metal rail to deter pitch invaders added last season right at eye level now the club have added these boards.

So if your unfortunate to sit in this row, you are lucky if you can actully see the six yard line. You certainly can't see the goal line.

No much chance of them getting moved, loss of income see...

It always been a problem for wheelchair users and the total shyte view they get, a letter was sent to M Smith on behalf of a wheelchair user from Cheshire House, the reply was pretty poor, promised nowt, within SPL guidelines blah blah blah, bloody poor show but i believe David Stewart was supposed to be helping out on the way forward.

Next time you are at a game, just crouch down to the level of a seat behind the goals and check out the view of the pitch.

Edited by caley100

Totally agree with all of the above - I personally thought there were 3 issues with these hoardings

1 - As stated by others, problems for people in the lower seats seeing the goal lines etc.

2 - It will only be a matter of time before a players impetus carries him into the boards with the possibility of an injury.

3 - The boards actually stop you seeing the advertising on the walls and if I was paying good money to advertise there I,m sure I would be asking for it back

Guest WynessLegend

Before I read anything else did ya smell anything funny yesterday ?

Glad someone else noticed IHE.

It baffled us and was best decribed as a very strong smell of hamster.

Guest WynessLegend

2 - It will only be a matter of time before a players impetus carries him into the boards with the possibility of an injury.

Couldn't agree more.

The new boards are near to the pitch and so players will eventually slide or clatter into them.

Usually when this happens the boards fall down .............

but ours are well supported with a row of sandbags behind them.

So the advertisers will stay happy, but legs will be broken.

Before I read anything else did ya smell anything funny yesterday ?

Glad someone else noticed IHE.

It baffled us and was best decribed as a very strong smell of hamster.

Did anyone check Caley100's pockets - he has a feckin knack of getting rid of hamsters.

Those advertising boards are a joke...for all the reasons listed above and so many more. I was sitting at the back row of Section G tonight and could only just see the touchline over the top of them, so I'd imagine half to two thirds of people in the North and South Stands now have what is effectively a restricted view....If I was a season Ticket holder I would be asking for them to be shifted or a refund on a ticket which has been miss-sold as I don't believe anyone was given warning of the restricted view.

Totally agree with all of the above - I personally thought there were 3 issues with these hoardings

1 - As stated by others, problems for people in the lower seats seeing the goal lines etc.

3 - The boards actually stop you seeing the advertising on the walls and if I was paying good money to advertise there I,m sure I would be asking for it back

Good points Jagster. Totally agree with all 3. The disabled situation is also made worse by restricting their view even more than it is already.

No much chance of them getting moved, loss of income see...

It always been a problem for wheelchair users and the total shyte view they get, a letter was sent to M Smith on behalf of a wheelchair user from Cheshire House, the reply was pretty poor, promised nowt, within SPL guidelines blah blah blah, bloody poor show but i believe David Stewart was supposed to be helping out on the way forward.

Next time you are at a game, just crouch down to the level of a seat behind the goals and check out the view of the pitch.

I do know that the club are looking at doing something to improve the match day experience for disabled fans but nothing had been agreed yet as far as I'm aware. I don't think any solutions offered will address the problem with the new advertising boards restricting their view.

Edited by L_G

Could they not be made smaller or lower or something, you know flatten them out. You know a wider based triangle shape if you get me.

It seems perfectly logical to somehow adjust their size and/or positioning without changing sponsorship agreement.

Also on another note, we should encourage players (particularly during warm ups) and ball boys to randomly hit stewards in the back of the head. This would be particularly good during dull games and as half time entertainment.

Also on another note, we should encourage players (particularly during warm ups) and ball boys to randomly hit stewards in the back of the head. This would be particularly good during dull games and as half time entertainment.

Guest birdog

I contacted the club this morning to buy tickets for my wife and daughter as this is going to be our first match of the new season and the female (fair weather supporters) in my family decided that they want to go too. While chatting to the lassie selling the tickets I broached the subject of restricted view (my ST is at the front of section H) and was assured that the hoardings have been adjusted in position and height in order to make the view better. I was also told that if I had any problems I should write to the club as they are aware of the problem and want feedback in order to make the matchday experience as pleasurable as possible for the fans.

Good work ICT.

Guest WynessLegend

New positioning of the hoardings seems to have solved all the problems.

Also, the curious smell was absent today -

is it co-incidental that this was on a day when there were many

stay at home Huns due to the televised match?