"BLACK IS THE NEW TARGET FOR UNITED" - P & J

918loyal

That ol' lure of money will strike again. I hope these players take a good long look at how other former ICT players have faired after leaving ICT. If I copuld be ersed I'd do a list - a kind of what happened to them ttype thing - I';m sure it would make very interesting reading indeed.

Think of job security guys - stay with ICT, you know it'll make sense in the long run.

If we were to lose Black, Proctor, Dods and Dargo then it would obviously be a bit of a body blow to the club but at the end of the day there are plenty more fish in the sea. It’s undoubtedly a buyers market this summer and I have every confidence that suitable replacements would be brought in by Charlie and Parky.

I just hope at least a couple of the aforementioned players have the good sense to avoid the Tanandice black hole. Chances are Brewster will be gone by Christmas…..

Guest kingkojak

at the bottom of that story a united fan says dargo has handed in a transfer request! any truth in that?

There's a guy in The Rumour Mill section saying the same thing - Benchy - probably him who added it to the P&J story.

Looks like a long summer of speculation and worrying for us

Black has had a season of two halves. The first half he was possibly our best player - his work rate was incredible, unfortunately the second half has been pretty poor.

A couple of things IMHO he is lacking is the ability to score goals, one goal in a season for a midfielder is not good enough, and his disipline, he seems to get a yellow card every game.

Based on his recent form, I would sad to see him go but I'm sure if we got Rankin it would make up for it.

ET says in the P & J today that he won't entertain 6 figure sums. No negotiations have taken place at board level - not even for Proctor. He says that Brew has at least a dozen and a half names he is interested in so he won't be paying high transfer fees.

Looks like we might not lose them after all - well not this season anyway.

If the fee on offer is less than £100,000 we would be as well to hold on to Ian Black for next season even if he does leave at the end of it.

As he will still be under 24 we will be entitled to some sort of compensation even then.

Guest Benchy

The thing everyone here seems to be missing is, if the players want to leave to join United contracts meen nothing! ICT are not really in a position to play hard ball. I do feel for you because it is rubbish when the old firm come calling to us for our best players (Gough, Ferguson, Dodds, Hannah, Wilson etc etc).

I rate you as a team though and I'm sure you will bounce back. It will be make or break for your untried manager though aswell as us.

Who in their right mind would want to join United? The thing YOU seem to be missing is noone gives a feck what a United fan thinks, Brew's an erse and most of us hope you get relegated next year. Away and talk sh1te on your own forum instead of trying to wind us all up on here. Noone's said they want to leave us, noone's said they want to join United, You're a sh/t stirrer and not even a very good one :001:

What an arrogant ****** ET is eh.....it's like he thinks we should just hand over all our best players to him for peanuts :008:

If that's how it works then maybe we should offer say errmmm...£5k for Lee Miller????(not that he's worth that much like).

Why Oh Why are so many folk getting their knickers in a twist about press speculation and unfounded remarks from opposition fans. Look at the opening sentence in that article. "Dundee United are set to launch another raid on Caley Thistle". ANOTHER raid??? When was the first one?

Brew has indicated he admires two or three of our players and that they would be top of his WISH list. Grazza and our Board have said there's a high price on those players. The grocer is not willing to pay six figure sums. End of story.

If Charlie Christie was to publicly state that he admires Ronaldo would that mean we were persuing him? All our players are under a legally binding contract so unless ALL parties concerned agree to terminate the contracts nobody will be going anywhere.

But even if we do sell one or two players remember this: ICT are a team. We've lost individuals in the past but we still amassed the fourth highest points tally in the SPL. And remember the doubters who had us relegated because Brew had left us. Come on guys and girls, be positive.