Barry Wilson V Liverpool XI

Les Kidger

Liverpool and ICT, have never said that household names would be coming up. It was always billed as a Liverpool X1 and it was always known that it would be unlikely that any first team players would be allowed to play since the Premiership had started. However, on display at TCS on monday night was in excess of ?10 million of Liverpool talent. There number 10 cost them a million. And they got a right ripping into from thier coach after the game. It is said that he locked them into the dressing room to reflect on thier disasterous performance.

What we witnessed was the future of Liverpool FC.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Les Kidger has asked that I pass on thanks from him and the Testimonial Committee to everyone that turned up on Monday Night and for your great support.

Apologies for me being slow to put this up on the site as I've been snowed under the last 2 days. I also have a report from the night to get up and photos from Gordon Gillespie....hopefully have them on the site within the next couple of hours.

Fair enough, felt a wee bit sorry for the Liverpool supporters who came from far and wide to see a humping for their team... sad eh!

Anyway, talking about photos, what has happened to Caleyjags.com? i can only assume that Peter is taking the pics and John who is on holiday will upload them when he gats back... no bad theory eh?

Back on topic

does enyone els think that Liverpool were a little unfair that they didn't take at least one first team player?

Not really. It was a stop on the Reserves' tour of Scotland which, incidentally, culminates at New Douglas Park tonight. As I've mentioned, seven of the lads who played have first team squad numbers. In case you missed it the Premiership kicked off on Saturday and Liverpool are hoping to mount a serious challenge this year. Did you really expect to see the likes of Gerrard or Torres trotting down the tunnel on a wet Monday night in Inverness? If the committee had had something like that up their sleeves we'd have heard something a bit more juicy beforehand, even just a hint, no?

We beat the Liverpool reserves 5 nothing whilst fielding a few guys who might be described as past their best. It was an entertaining evening, far more so than the crud served up on Saturday afternoon. Good enough for me, I don't need the fairies at the bottom of the garden (besides the buggers play havoc with me tatties).

I've heard talk that Liverpool have made mention of a re-match at some point in the future and that they'll be fielding a stronger squad when it happens. Seems that the lads out there on Monday night earned a lot of respect from Gary Ablett, his coaches and the squad...so a big well done yet again.

my car broke down so missed it are there still scarves left and proggrammes

I don't think there are many programmes left, but we still have scarves. The shop should still have some and if they don't I have some stock for the shop which I'll drop off tomorrow.