Sheffield Utd and Celtic Links...

RossP

What about our links with Sheffield Utd and Celtic, is there any chance we could get any of their players on loan, even as a stop gap for any of our outgoing players.

Off the top of my head, Simon Ferry or Rocco Quinn from Celtic are both top notch players, and could do a job for us, even if they were a squad player. Think the likes of Ross Wallace, Aiden McGeady have a role to play this year for Celtic, even the likes of Paul Lawson: so they may be out of our reach just now.

It would be a cheap alternative to buying someone in, and it could give us a bit more time to look for long term targets.

... or have we been badly burned by the likes of Darren Mackie and Bajram Fetai loan signings

Celtic links referring to Charlie Christie's past playing career. Surely that gets him a foot in the door when discussing possible loan deals.

Plus their Reserve Team Manager was heavily touted for the Caley Thistle job before CC got it, so there is already perhaps communication links between our club and someone who has a big say over the Celtic youths' development. He may support the idea of sending a few of his players on loan to a stable, solid club like Caley. Having the training center at Dingwall, as well as our double training sessions wouldna do them any harm either.

I just call 'em like i see 'em