Boo Or Cheer Rankin

ICT90

Guest birdog

Dont feckin cheer but dont feckin boo - I would give him a polite clap as the poor **** was driven out and treated as badly as Wyness.

READ ALL ABOUT IT IHE in sensible post shocker :rotflmao:

Not sure what Mixu's plans for Rankin are as he was played out of his best position(s) today on the right of midfield.

We showed how much we've missed him with Dougie's performance & the his replacement, Lionel, being played out of position today.

Good to see him back in Inverness and wish him best for the season as an ex ICT stalwart & as evidence today that Mixu must be on "borrowed time".

Not sure what Mixu's plans for Rankin are as he was played out of his best position(s) today on the right of midfield.

We showed how much we've missed him with Dougie's performance & the his replacement, Lionel, being played out of position today.

Good to see him back in Inverness and wish him best for the season as an ex ICT stalwart & as evidence today that Mixu must be on "borrowed time".

What would lead you to that conclusion?

If he walked out on us i might.

But i blame Brewster for loosing Rankin. He was well settled here and playing the football of his life for us....then a sudden clash of personalitys leads to Rankin being in exile.

Brewster then tells him he is free to leave. Then decides to keep him...but by that point Rankin has already prepared to head back down to the central belt. Brew faffed about with the player and ended up gettin kick in the teeth by being told Rankin wanted out.

In my view Brewsters lost us a good player. Sure we got a good fee and a half decent replacement in Imrie but Rankin was one of our best.

Very disappointing reaction from some of the ICT fans today. I fully expect a chorus of boos to ring out now when Wyness returns. That would be a very sad "sight".

Seems the fans spend more time booing than anything else these days :rotflmao:

P.S. I whole heartedly encourage booing of Morais next time he appears in Inverness.

Edited by RiG

RiG, i dont think Wyness will get booed when he comes back, coz he is an ICT legend. Rankin wasnt!

While he might not have been an ICT legend he was however extremely professional during a time when he was somewhat "screwed over" by ICT. Personally, I admire him for his attitude during that time and appreciate his contribution in his time at ICT (despite what I felt was a sticky start he proved me wrong).

The same people booing him today would have been the same people baying for blood if he had scored with his chance and celebrated even the tiniest amount in front of the Home fans.

He never had a problem with the fans from what i know. We never had a problem with us. Why would there need be anamosity?

He was forced out so if he cuts the mustard and scores against us (obviously he didnt yesterday but in the future), well thats part and parcel of football.

ajs....Rankin was "out of favour" long before Brewster appeared back as manager.

Have to disagree wiv that - Rankin was playing well when he got the recall last season - but I suppose that shegging Brews burd (alledgedly) and having a fisty cuff with Park didnt help.

Guest birdog

For ****'s sake guys this is football we are talking about. I don't think that it will bother Rankin too much that he was booed, in fact I think it would bother him more if he wasn't booed, at least when he is being booed he is getting the attention that he craves. You just have to look at the way his hair is never out of place and his smug grin to see that he is vain as ****. Footballers are professionals and being booed is a large part of the game everyone who is getting upset by the fact that a player for the opposition was booed should really get a grip and start channeling their energies into more serious issues than the feelings of an over paid prima donna.

I was more offended by our fan's taunting an opposition player's disability than a few wee jeers at an ex-player but like I said it's football and I am sure that Dean Shiels knows already that he is short of an eye.

For ****'s sake guys this is football we are talking about. I don't think that it will bother Rankin too much that he was booed, in fact I think it would bother him more if he wasn't booed, at least when he is being booed he is getting the attention that he craves. You just have to look at the way his hair is never out of place and his smug grin to see that he is vain as ****. Footballers are professionals and being booed is a large part of the game everyone who is getting upset by the fact that a player for the opposition was booed should really get a grip and start channeling their energies into more serious issues than the feelings of an over paid prima donna.

I was more offended by our fan's taunting an opposition player's disability than a few wee jeers at an ex-player but like I said it's football and I am sure that Dean Shiels knows already that he is short of an eye.

I could not make the game on Sat but am disappointed to hear that this happened yet again, seems to happen just about everytime we play against you and Deano is on the park. :rotflmao:

I know its only a minority and I am sure most Caley fans are of the same opinion as yourself, but the minority really need to learn to shut up about this as it puts them in a very bad light indeed. Its unfortunate Dean did not get to have the last laugh with his missed chance near the end.