28 Sep Hibernian v Rangers 2:00 PM

5 Oct St Mirren v Rangers 2:00 PM

25 Oct Hamilton v Rangers 12:30 PM

9 Nov Kilmarnock v Rangers 2:00 PM

12 Nov Motherwell v Rangers 7:45 PM

16 Nov Hamilton v Celtic 2:00 PM

29 Nov Hearts v Rangers 12:30 PM

WHAT ?? where are we ?

Its simple....Scottish Football doesnt want what they call "diddy teams" and thats what we are to them.... If they could have a league with only Rangers, Celtic, Hearts & Hibs they would jump at the chance

I wonder what slice of the TV revenue coppers is given to us "diddy teams"

disgusting

Surprising and disappointing for us to not even feature once. Even Hamilton get 3 home games broadcast. Perhaps the price of fuel is restricting the Setanta trucks to the central belt more than usual!

What's the fee the home club gets paid per live match?

The setanta payments are based on league position not the number of televised games.

Its on here somewhere else but basically each team gets 4% of the revenue (total 48%) and the remaining 52% is dependent on league position ... 12th place gets 0.5%, and it then increases by 0.5% for each position up to 3rd (who get 5.5%), 2nd place then gets 11% and 1st place 13%

For 08/09, the 4% guaranteed to each club is about ?450,000 and each 0.5% increment is about ?56K

I'm fairly certain that Setanta do pay a fee to home clubs over and above the sponsorship money. It was certainly like this in the past and was designed to offset the potential gate losses from the game being shown on the box.

From memory the fee was not entirely insignificant either with a 6 figure sum of round ?120k coming to mind.

I remember in the "Ask the Chairman" article we did 2 seasons back that I put it to Alan Savage that we should perhaps look to using that additional revenue to offset ticket prices for matches in an attempt to get the best of both worlds (i.e. the extra TV money and bums on seats), so I'm almost 100% certain it must have been the case back then.

Guest birdog

I'm fairly certain that Setanta do pay a fee to home clubs over and above the sponsorship money. It was certainly like this in the past and was designed to offset the potential gate losses from the game being shown on the box.

From memory the fee was not entirely insignificant either with a 6 figure sum of round ?120k coming to mind.

I remember in the "Ask the Chairman" article we did 2 seasons back that I put it to Alan Savage that we should perhaps look to using that additional revenue to offset ticket prices for matches in an attempt to get the best of both worlds (i.e. the extra TV money and bums on seats), so I'm almost 100% certain it must have been the case back then.

Was there not also a maximum and minimum number of games to be televised from each ground? If so then we will probably see a few matches from our place later in the season.

It will sort itself out once more Celtic games have been added !!!

right now, Rangers have been scheduled to be televised at every away ground except ICT and Dundee Utd, Celtic on the other hand have only had 4 away televised fixtures sorted out (plus 2 home ones).

prediction

18th October - ICT V Celtic

3rd January - ICT V Rangers

Guest birdog

prediction

18th October - ICT V Celtic

3rd January - ICT V Rangers

Scotty I know that you are the owner of this site but for ****'s sake give IHE his crystal ball back, you know what he's like if he's upset.

And please please can we have F ECK removed from the profanity filter, if it's good enough for Father Jack it's good enough for us.

what?

so cause celtic game might no be on.

But if it is on then no on telivison!

that's rubbish!

Setanta can't shedule till they know what night Celtic are playing and discussions with both clubs have taken place. The game will likely be televised but will it be 12.30 saturday or 12.30 sunday. That decision still has to be made.