Dods - not the rumour.......

Richard_Fairbrass

Guest birdog

"Naturally I would be delighted to carry on if I can, but if someone else does come in then they will have my full backing.''

Was just thinking of the same quote when reading this

If you two are saying what I think you are saying and Dods returns on a loan deal there is no way he should be handed the armband, you just can't have an employee of another club as skipper, it's not right.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying it's right or that the armband would be handed straight to him, just that the quote itself gives the impression that Granty thinks there may be a more experienced man on the way in soon. Why add "if someone else does come in......" otherwise?

Guest birdog

I'm not saying it's right or that the armband would be handed straight to him, just that the quote itself gives the impression that Granty thinks there may be a more experienced man on the way in soon. Why add "if someone else does come in......" otherwise?

Sorry, my post could have been worded better, I meant to convey the thought that if Granty knew about Dods coming back and was under the impression that he might lose the armband upon Dod's return then I personally think that having someone who is on loan to us from another club as our skipper would be a gross mistake, regardless of ability.

I for one would welcome him back...but didn't he leave to get away from Inverness?

I sure think him and Granty would be good...and who knows it may mean McGuire will up his game :thumb04:.

If we get him and Wagaluka is wanted then i think that will be a decent season in the transfer market overall. :rotflmao:

would love to see dodsy back,but not on loan,give him the 2 year deal with coaching,what harm does it do/ gets us a solid def and experiecne for duff,proctor etc,cant honestly see him coming if its a loan deal after what he said b4

and who knows it may mean McGuire will up his game :rotflmao:.

if dods returns hopefully mcguire will become a caff,and only play when there suspensions etc

He wants to come back, Inverness want him back & I have the feeling that a season long loan with another years option will do it.

why in that case bother with a loan and just resign him for 2 years?? it isnt brain surgery

Dods was an excellent captain in his time but Munro could be at the centre of our defence for another decade and seems, after a few teething troubles, to be growing into the role of skipper.

For those reasons, I would prefer that Granty retained the armband even if Dods returned.

If we were to sign him we could get him on loan for the 6 months and if it works out get him on a pre-contract as his deal expires next summer. Or perhaps Dundee Utd will let him go straight away.

Edited by ajsict92

CaleyD - Courtesy of BBC Scotland just to set the record straight:

Dundee United have completed the signing of Inverness defender Darren Dods on a free transfer.

The 32-year-old will join up with the rest of the squad for pre-season training at the end of next week.

Dods signed a pre-contract agreement to join United from fellow SPL club Inverness in January.

Dundee United manager Craig Levein said: "His leadership qualities are well known and will benefit the team as a whole."

Levein continued: "Darren will bring further experience and solidity to the defence.

"Looking to the future, we have a number of very young players in the team and experience is not only required to help them develop, but is vital to the success of any side.

"Darren will bring exactly the type of experience we require."

Dods had previously played for Hibs and St Johnstone, and joined Inverness in July 2004.

He was made captain of the club at the start of the following season and has been a consistent performer at the heart of the Inverness defence, making 39 appearances last season.

Curiously his height appears to be 6'1'' with Jamie at 6'2''!

Edited by CELTIC1CALEY3

Darren Dods was/did

1- At TCS on Saturday watching Inverness v Hibs.

2- Did have signing talks with Inverness before & after the game.

3- Was given a few days to mull over the deal offered.

4- Terms from United ARE that Inverness will have to pay his wage in full for the duration of any loan or the remainder of his contract.

5- The proposed deal has to be rubber stamped by an ICT comittee meeting.

6- Dods asked to leave United if he wasn't going to be playing on a regular basis.

7- Dods WAS looking for rented accomodation on Sunday in Inverness (I know this because he looked at a mates house).

Like it or loath it all the above is fact. Dods IS a target for Brewster not a "rumoured" signing target.

Edited by Richard_Fairbrass

Guest birdog

Just a wee thought here guys, if Dods isn't good enough for Discovery Utd anymore what makes us think he is good enough for us?

Just a wee thought here guys, if Dods isn't good enough for Discovery Utd anymore what makes us think he is good enough for us?

He wasn't good enough for St Johnstone when he signed for us the last time

Very true, that was one of my reasons for looking at Elvis (in that just cos he aint a regular elsewhere ie Celtic last season dont mean he aint good enough) but if we get him back he can provide the steady man at the back. We've always had a nack of getting guys to be good enough anyway.

Edited by iamthecaptain1

Darren Dods was/did

4- Terms from United ARE that Inverness will have to pay his wage in full for the duration of any loan or the remainder of his contract.

6- Dods asked to leave United if he wasn't going to be playing on a regular basis.

7- Dods WAS looking for rented accomodation on Sunday in Inverness (I know this because he looked at a mates house).

Like it or loath it all the above is fact. Dods IS a target for Brewster not a "rumoured" signing target.

Until you can quote a newspaper or sports website this remains a rumour to me..theres nothing in our local websites (although ICTFC.co.uk is pritty useless). or newspapers today....and it's not that i dont want him back..i really do.

Edited by ajsict92

Darren Dods was/did

This is good!

I wouldn't mind seeing him back at TCS!