100 today...

Guest Spectre

I'm a woosie then, cricket's a great game and Scotland are getting better at it too. We drew with England last week (good old Scottish rain saved the day!) And I lost a welfare cricket final on Sunday too.

For your info, which I think is quite interesting, the Don, as he was known (and not our Don TMFTJ who was incidently a great bowler in his day!!) had a test average of 99.

This is quite staggering when you think that it is almost double the best of the rest. He could be described as a phoenmomenon or even a freak with an average like this.

The best batsmen in world cricket have test averages in the high 40's

Cricket was even more rubbish in his days. Bradman will be like Stanley Mathews......(pick of a bad bunch) and wouldnt compete in todays game at the levels its played.

Absolute rubbish. The batting technique of Bradman, and many others of his vintage, was far superior to todays players, probably because they didn't have to worry about 1 day matches, 20/20 etc. However, at test match level they (and Bradman especially) would knock any of today's stars into a cocked hat.