Sportscene

alimci

why is it sportscene does its best to show as little as possible of the caley games.

It's the law.

All the diddy teams always get diddy coverage.

On the plus side, we can watch without Grant Stott or Sarah O at least....

why is it sportscene does its best to show as little as possible of the caley games....it's a joke. the whole programme is a joke.

I've compared BBC's "Sportscene" with Setanta's "The Full SPL" programme over the last four weeks, and I'm certain that any criticism of the Beeb is misguided, as they always show EXACTLY the same highlights as Setanta....with no more coverage, and no less. I would say the fault in the poor coverage lies solely with Setanta's editing of the game. The BBC can only work with what they get I would guess. There's no way they can be identically as bad as the coverage which Setanta provide. (Remember that Setanta pay ?13.5 per season to cover the SPL) I would suggest that anybody with complaints, and I hope there might be quite a few, write, phone, or e-mail Setanta. There's obviously no way they'll make an exception for Inverness CT extra coverage, so maybe an extra 3 minutes coverage per SPL game might be acceptable. Setanta's reply will certainly refer to the millions of viewers who only want to see either of the Old Firm...

So far, Sportscene is actually a whole lot worse than Scotsport was. Never thought I'd hear myself say that.

BBC Sport Scotland have plenty of talent and resources at its disposal, shame they choose not to use them and instead serve up this crap.

"Who needs Cristiano Ronaldo when you have Ross Tokely?"

:rotflmao: :thumb04:

Nice to see a bit of appreciation!

I loved that!

who was the commentator who said it?

I do notice that caley don't seam to be shown a lot!

after all we are a 'diddy team'!

Setanta definitely have the problem IMO, did anyone see the midnight highlights when the guy kept mixing up the two teams? His face was priceless when he realised that Falkirk were at the bottom of the league with no points... ignorant ba5tard!! I thought Setanta was decent enough last season but have been more than dissapointed with what I'm paying for so far

Remember...Sportscene is only 45 mins long. That would be 7.5 mins of coverage of each game if all was equal. But you normally have your featured game, so i think what we see is fair enuff.

my point is that there should be more coverage, football is huge in scotland...people want to see more of the games. the simple fact is it's not good enough the coverage we do get. we don't even get line ups at the begining of the game unless it is the feature game, and lets be fair Caley are only ever the feature game when we're playing one of the old firm. it's just lucky for me that i do get to go to most of the games to see what you don't get to see on sportscene. not everyone has that privilege.

I really don't know why Setanta exist. There a complete con. They were still charging me even after i finished using them. The only SPL games they show can be good...but the majority are just Old Firm games romping wee teams. They also have the worst pundits...Frank Macavennie and Graham Speirs( we especially dont care what he has too say :rotflmao: ).

Even the SNP don't like Setanta. I wish the BBC got the live games back.

my point is that there should be more coverage, football is huge in scotland...people want to see more of the games. the simple fact is it's not good enough the coverage we do get.

Blame the SPL then - as well as Setanta, ITV and the club themselves ..... The BBC are only allowed to show a certain number of minutes of highlights from each game.

This is the relevant part of the agreement relating to BBC: "...right to broadcast up to 20 minutes per Outside Broadcast Match and up to 5 minutes from all other Matches (subject to a minimum of 2 minutes from any Match) for use in a BBC highlights programme broadcast on linear (traditional digital and terrestrial) television channels. The BBC will have the ability to simulcast this programming via bbc.co.uk"

However ... the CLUBS "...have the right to broadcast video of all games live outside UK, after midnight in UK for a live Setanta game, or after 10pm for non-live games"

What about this TV system that clubs are setting up on their websites, so that you can see better highlights and news about your club?? Aberdeen have set it up, why can't we?

You can rest assured that this subject will be on the list !!! Plenty of people have got frustrated at me harping on about this in the past as I get really annoyed when fans of other clubs can signup to see and/or hear coverage of every single game their club plays yet ICT fans cannot. Only about 30% of ICT games are available on Radio Scotland outside the UK and as for video, thats a 100% blackout.

I suspect that their is a somewhat elevated cost involved in providing this service through PTV, and the club feel it may not be viable. If thats the case then fair enough as I believe it is this sort of hidden cost that may be responsible for the change of official shop software in the last couple of weeks !

Dont get me started on Sentanta! the picture qaulity of broadcasts is appaling,often similar to poor resoloution screen shots,and their customer relations is worse with a complete "take it or leave it" attitude.I know which i chose!!!.

On the in house front, oor lot have made huge improvments this season with no coverage of league games ,DFC tv has been set up ,excellant 8-10 mins highlights every week,player interviews,post match interviews along with PDF match programs of home games avilable for ?10 a month to join Club Dundee,(quite a few other wee benifits as well),great service for ex-pats who struggle to see games regularly.I,m sure if Dundee with VERY limited resources can get this up and working ICT could manage similar if the will is there.

DEE Telly

DFC tv has been set up ,excellant 8-10 mins highlights every week,player interviews,post match interviews along with PDF match programs of home games avilable for ?10 a month to join Club Dundee,(quite a few other wee benifits as well),great service for ex-pats who struggle to see games regularly.I,m sure if Dundee with VERY limited resources can get this up and working ICT could manage similar if the will is there.

DEE Telly

looks pretty good (if you are a Dee fan) ... and the interesting thing is that it seems to have been a club/fans partnership to get it up and running.