YOUTH OVERKILL

tokelyisvictorious

After todays disappointing match against st miren, i think brew made a big mistake in the starting lineup.

Playing Duff, Vigurs and Wood was a bad mistake. I know that all three have talent, but in an important and tight game we can't afford to test our youngsters. All three didn't play well IMO, duff was shaky, vigurs was poor and wood passed up good opportunities.

For these games that we need to take points in, we have to play our best players, and that means Munro in, Imrie in and Barrowman in.

I know that i have previously said it was a goodish performance, but with three inexperienced youngsters playing we lacked grit and just plain good old determination. Several times vigurs didn't track back and that left us exposed at the back. Many times wood got the ball stuck under his feet and couldn't see a pass. Duff was second best to everything that was a contest between him and hamilton.

"you dont win anything with kids" Is that right or what? Brewster, play your best side and save the youngster for when we are clear at the top of the table.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After todays disappointing match against st miren, i think brew made a big mistake in the starting lineup.

Playing Duff, Vigurs and Wood was a bad mistake. I know that all three have talent, but in an important and tight game we can't afford to test our youngsters. All three didn't play well IMO, duff was shaky, vigurs was poor and wood passed up good opportunities.

For these games that we need to take points in, we have to play our best players, and that means Munro in, Imrie in and Barrowman in.

I know that i have previously said it was a goodish performance, but with three inexperienced youngsters playing we lacked grit and just plain good old determination. Several times vigurs didn't track back and that left us exposed at the back. Many times wood got the ball stuck under his feet and couldn't see a pass. Duff was second best to everything that was a contest between him and hamilton.

"you dont win anything with kids" Is that right or what? Brewster, play your best side and save the youngster for when we are clear at the top of the table.

completely disagree....only one player managed to cut open the defence with one pass and that was vigurs on three/four occassions. wood got us the pen and got man of the match and duff was the better of the two centre backs. its so easy to blame the youngsters. easy way out.

Don't agree at all sorry.

Duff has been excellent since coming into the first team. I'd far rather a partnership of Munro/Duff at the back than any other.

Vigurs was no worse than anyone else today. Infact, I thought he was one of the few to get passmarks in my opinion.

And Wood was ok too, nothing great, but certainly not that bad.

What's the alternatives?

Other than the Aberdeen game, both Barrowman and Imrie have been mince. McGuire is simply too error prone, and the amount of stupid, needless free kicks he gives away is infuriating. If these 'experienced' players aren't cutting it, then good on Brew for giving others a chance. If he could just sort out the home tactics now........

Edited by davieB

I could have cut the st mirren defence apart. Vigurs was about as sharp as a blunt butter knife in midfield.

None of them let us down, but we were lacking something.

right o you better get knocking on brews door then....easier said than done mate. im sorry but your talking a load of rubbish and thats a kind way of putting it. end of.

You play you're best players, and vigurs doesn't have the right attitude yet. Sort that out and he will be a good player. Wood looks strong but Barrowman was our 'big signing' and it seems silly to leave him on the bench.

Duff wasn't as impressive a usual.

All players need criticism, they had better get used to it.

Completely disagree with you tokelyisvictorious! Vigurs was a real threat to st mirren the whole game and the biggest mistake that Brewster made was taking him off because st mirren didn't know how to cope with him.

And as for Duff. Not impressive? You my friend were watching a completely different game to everyone else IMO!

Not saying that all three don't have an exciting future in football, but today they didn't impress me.

I would like to see zander getting a game instead of vigurs. I seriously didn't see much from him and he faded away until he was subbed.

it seems your the only one then mate. yes you have an opinion but it seems that it might be wrong. read the comments above. all im saying is cut the guy some slack....coz he did ok today, i understand people have preferences to different players but what your saying is wrong.

Giving Wood man of the match was laughable, possibly his dad was Man of the match sponsor, Vigurs was on the park far too long, he never went anywhere near the Midden box and played so deep he near drowned.

Wood should have been hooked at half time, And Cowie needs a kick up the erse, what a passenger he is at the mo'

Mcguire needs to **** of back to pars he is a liability, not sure if it was him or donut hastings for their first goal but it was a fookup for the defence.

It seems to me we give away goals so cheaply every time..... why?

Several times vigurs didn't track back and that left us exposed at the back.

Vigurs was on the park far too long, he never went anywhere near the Midden box and played so deep he near drowned.

You guys at the same game? :rotflmao:

Can't believe I'm sticking up for Brew but his team selection today was spot on.

If Rooney's effort at start of 2nd half had gone in we'd had righty romped home today.

A couple of defensive lapses and we concede two goals, nowt to do with Duff, Vigurs or Woods.

V's Jambos I'd bin McGuire for Granty and we'll take 3pts thank you very much

When i go to the home games and try to goto as many away games as possible, spending all of my money as i go, i don't want to see "ok" performances. He didn't play and we should have won today.

"you play your best team" alan hansen Our best team wasn't out there (barring injuries).

i can understand that, but thats what your going to get when you support lower financed club...i support whatever. you should too. so did you think imrie did well when he came on?

I don't know why everyone has disagreed with this post. Maybe it's because we share a love of Rosco throught thick and thin(as it was today) that we can see sense!

I haven't been to a Caley match yet this season and so have seen very little of the three mentioned players before. I was pretty excited about them befrore the match after what had been said about them.

Duff looks like he might come good, however, what is wrong with Grant Munro, the club captain? If i remember correctly he is pretty useful, and in my opinion should be one of the first on the team sheet.

Vigurs was anonymous except for a massive bumbling run where he lost the ball twice whilst running the width of pitch before putting out for a throw in. Imrie came on and looked a better player.

Wood looked OK, but Barrowman looked better. My father burst out laughing when he was awarded man of the match...

I hope this was an off day for these players as on the strength of today's performances the three alternatives should have started, no question.

What's the alternatives?

Erm...The players on the bench?

I don't know why everyone has disagreed with this post. Maybe it's because we share a love of Rosco throught thick and thin(as it was today) that we can see sense!

I haven't been to a Caley match yet this season and so have seen very little of the three mentioned players before. I was pretty excited about them befrore the match after what had been said about them.

Duff looks like he might come good, however, what is wrong with Grant Munro, the club captain? If i remember correctly he is pretty useful, and in my opinion should be one of the first on the team sheet.

Vigurs was anonymous except for a massive bumbling run where he lost the ball twice whilst running the width of pitch before putting out for a throw in. Imrie came on and looked a better player.

Wood looked OK, but Barrowman looked better. My father burst out laughing when he was awarded man of the match...

I hope this was an off day for these players as on the strength of today's performances the three alternatives should have started, no question.

What's the alternatives?

Erm...The players on the bench?

imrie crossed the ball once and lost the ball every other time and got bullied with a shoulder barge that put him into next week...aye he looked much better.... how many of you guys come to games with blind folds on.........

not going to comment on this thread anymore....complete load of *****....

2tokely is a genius.

:rotflmao:

no, doudie didn't do well, but vigurs was worse. And i do support whatever, but i don't expect to see vigurs kept in the starting lineup. And we weren't exactly playing barcelona here.

You seem to have some kind of agenda against Vigurs. I fail to see what has prompted such a sustained attack on his performance today. He was definitely one of the better players on show today. Wood also showed raw potential and Duff had a tough task dealing with Hamilton and Mehmet. Not brilliant performances but your criticism of them is overkill.

not going to comment on this thread anymore....complete load of *****....

Aye, nice one. :rotflmao: :thumb04:

I didnt say he looked much better today. He did look a better player, hungry and in the right places, getting the ball in a position where something might happen. I'm all for players coming through, I think its brilliant to have the option of three up and coming players. Today we had three better footballers on the bench.

Having the club captain and a man who scored 29 goals last season on the bench was a wrong decision.

I don't intend to have an agenda against vigurs, but today he was off the pace. Nothing against him and i hope he turns into a great player for us, but only once he sorts out his attitude.