Dundee Utd -V- ICT : matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just back from the game, oh the attendance was i think over 6000. em i felt we were unlucky today, maybe deserved a draw, we missed blackie in the second half i think. just need to get that ball in the back the net, bounce of the ball in the box maybe against us but we are creating chances, just need to finish them. individually i thought our best players were black, vigurs, duff and cowie. barrowman put up a good fight against the two big horses at the back, however, it was our two ian's who were again passing the ball on the deck every chance they got...black and vigurs look frustrated at lack of movement from other players in the team...top football brains these two, maybe noone else on the same wave length...its a shame. all in all a bit unlucky to lose the game, a draw a fair result.

Fine in the first half, working hard and creating as much as Yinitit till we gifted the first goal. Daly got a free header. Writing on the wall after that. Also Blackie was on the receiving end of what looked like a rather cynical challenge from Dods.

When he went off at half time we had nothing to offer.

Barry, his replacememnt, seemed unable to run at players and kept turning inside, mind you that was after Brewster switched him to the left. Looked like another disaster at the second goal away up the far end. When the ball flew up in the air that feckin giant Wilkie got plenty time to nod it home.

Second half and bits of the first half we persisted in punting it up to Barrowman who was left to battle against the twin towers. When we kept it on the deck we looked like causing them problems but too little too late.

Cowie does not look happy at all at the mo.

We also missed Duncan IMO, but then I say that every week.

We played some really good stuff in patches, mainly when we kept the ball on the deck. Before they scored (good goal IMO) it could easily have been 3-3! They had the most clearcut penalty you coould imagine turned down, after the ball clearly hit Munro on the hand, and they had two headers from corners cleared off the line. Fraser also produced a wonder save from another corner....oh aye, and Wilkie missed a sitter. Our defence was abysmal at set pieces, and they seemed to have clearcut chances at every corner.

For us...Barrowman was inches away from a great Cowie cross, McBain shot wide when it seemed easier to score (after some great build up play), and Barrowman fecked up spectacularly when one on one with their keeper.

We were as good as them in the first half, despite losing a goal, but as soon as Blackie went off at HT we seemed to lose our shape completely.

Some of our passing in the second half was woeful (Munro and Imrie being the worst culprits), and there were huge gaps in the middle which they exploited all the time. It wasn't until they got their second that we actually woke up again. And then we took control of the match. Barry forced a brilliant save from the keeper, Barrowman hit the post, Rooney had one chalked off for offside. Unfortunately for us, Wilkie's OG came too late for us to rescue the game.

All in all, a really entertaining game I thought. Plenty of chances for both teams, and when we kept the ball on the deck we caused them real problems.

RE Cowie....he started off really well I thought, and was looking like his old self. In the second half though, he just seemed to really dip, and there was a 15 minute spell when everytime he tried anything it went wrong. He looks really low at the moment, and lacking in confidence.

Edited by davieB

We can't afford to be without Blackie for very long as he's key to our midfield. Sounds as though we've been, yet again, very unlucky to come away without at least a point from one of these so-called big clubs. All I can say is well done lads.

Just posted my match report.

We didn't deserve anything from that - midfield looked lost without Blackie or Duncan in the second half. It was just a bunch of guys running about. Cowie had an absolute 'mare in the second half - what's up with him? Barrowman should have done better with a cuople of first half chances but their midfield dominance meant we were just hitting high balls up to him and he isn't going win much against Wilkie and Dods.

After being encouraged at least in parts by every away game I've been to this season (all except Arbroath), that was a poor showing.

Edited to add - Ian Brines! F*&king hell, what a dire, dire referee he is. ?1,000 well spent :rotflmao:

Edited by ictchris

First half absolutely at the races, but come the second half we looked a different side. We badly missed Blackie. I really fear for us if he leaves. We looked lost and lacked direction. As I've posted before he's our one player who looks composed on the ball. Don't think Wilson looked poor when he came on and did add a different dimension to the game but we lost the control and initiative in midfield. Vigurs also lost it in the second half when he was moved to the centre.

Don't think Fraser could be blamed for either of the goals and the defence looked reasonable throughout, although Munro in particular persisted in trying the long ball. Were we ever likely to win anything with a United defence that size? Felt a bit sorry for Barrowman (with the long ball delivery) although he missed Cowies fantastic cross and we easily could have had a couple of goals had he been sharper.

Feel possibly a draw was the fair result but yet again come home feeling we missed an opportunity.

Edited to add - Ian Brines! F*&king hell, what a dire, dire referee he is. ?1,000 well spent :rotflmao:

Awful, awful official. Was he not demoted the other week to an SFL game? I think he was as I am sure I read lower league fans saying he was atrocious in that game as well.