Aberdeen Game

L_G

This could be a classic. Time to get that Aberdeen voodoo off our backs. Never a better time to beat them. Beating them on Saturday would put them out of the equation. They would be 4 points behind with only 3 to play for before the split. If we can just squeeze that top 6 spot, I think it's possible that we could climb a little more. ESPECIALLY WITH ANOTHER GAME AGAINST THE HIBBEES. :D

I'm going along on Saturday morning mate but no doubt catch you in the Innes on Saturday :)

Really hope we win this one - DJS can vouch for my intense disliking of Calderwood so I really want to thump his team and GIRU him.

I don't want to seem too critical and seem like I've got ideas above my station by I felt really upset after that game. It hurt to read the papers today and see Aberdeen ahead of us in the league and us back down to 8th. I know that probably is 'our level' but I just felt there was so little good about our game yesterday, especially after the result against Hibs, that it was hard to feel positive about ICT come 4.45pm.

If Hibs play like they did today then we can kiss top 6 goodbye - at the start of the season an unrealistic target - but we seem to have really shot ourselves in the foot again during the run in and it does seem like the players playing Away so much more than back in the Sneck. But why?

I do wonder if, and I admit I am one of them from time to time, the expectation placed on them is getting to them. When we lost to Motherwell no one, and I mean no one backed the team. You heard nothing from our fans throughout the game. Yet at the end enough of them got up to boo the team which I thought was disgusting. I know they are entitled to their opinion and voice or whatever but could they not have at least got behind them a wee bittie before spouting off at how crap we supposedly are? I mean I got abuse for standing up and applauding Proctor when he was carried off and the same thing happened today when Blackie was stretchered off as well. Some guy shouted 'sit down ya prick!'

Away from home everyone gets behind the team and I honestly think that they feel more relaxed in that kind of atmosphere. Our Home crowds are so negative towards them at times it is scary. It took a full 30 odd seconds for the moaners to start having a go at the guys against Well. How are they meant to get this precious top 6 place with that kind of support?

I don't think that Aberdeen are our bogey team. I think the TCS is our bogey stadium.

Thoughts? I know I can be very critical of the support so I will expect some backlash here probably.

I really believe that the coming of the all seater stadia to our home ground has a lot to answer for. There are many fans in the crowd that want to make a noise but, unfortunately, they are all over the place. Maybe the club should just issue tickets without seat numbers on them, fans could then sit where the 'action' is.

Unfortunately they are not allowed to issue tickets which aren't allocated a seat number, and although they don't go around checking tickets to make sure you are in the right seat their will always be some moany barsteward who will insist on getting the seat on his ticket because the empty one two rows in front or two rows behind just isn't good enough.

Could it not be time again for getting a 'singing' section on the go? One that had a little dispensation from the club, stewards and police? if you look at some of the other clubs they are starting to do this.

you young boys should put your heads together and try to do something again behind the goals. advertise in the programme (hopefully) to let folk know, get all your pals together from the bus....

i don't know but it may be a way to go. i would happily speak to the club about it if you wanted...

It's certainly an idea Maimie - you just have to look at the noise generated at Hibs that shows we can really get behind the team. This idea however was tried and failed last season. I spoke to Morven about it but no one took up the tickets.

I will be looking to get my ticket for next season ASAP after this one in order to try and secure a seat near the back of the stands - failing that I will buy and Away season ticket! :lol: