ICT -V- Motherwell : Matchday Thread

Scotty

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to stick with ICT Chris and davieb to an extent here - we really are a decent team, if we can survive we can only get better - and we could have won most of the games this season - IF we had a settled team, the right formation, the right tactics and the right selections - Brewster is too arogant and has too much favouritism to see that !!

I think the problem with Woods and Rooney was- rooney was coming back from an offside position and when Woods went to the ball first Rooney went to go along side him but the Woods seemed to hit the ball of his heel - anyway I think Brewster should have went on and tried to win the game not try and get the point. But what a good goal from Rooney hope thats the start for him

how the f**k did that balde rangers reject drunk-driving B*st*rd score that freekick???

The keeper is normally helped out if his wall actually jump when the ball is played in and don't stand watching it sail over their heads.

:rotflmao:

I think today showed the tactical ability of Craig Brewster. NONE. I will give him credit for playing 4-4-2 but after the double substitution 'Well started to push us further back. What we needed to do was bring on someone who could take us up the park i.e. Wilson or Barrowman but instead he decided to go 4-5-1 and appear to hold out for 1-0. Before the sub 'Well scored what was a fantastic piece of play between two strikers who understand each others game with Porter stepping over the ball and spinning the defender (I think it was Duncan but can't be sure). So at 1-1 he stills decides to go 4-5-1 and swaps Rooney, who apart from getting in Garry Wood's road was our best payer on the pitch, with Vigurs although if Black was injured I can understand that sub. But the thing that really wound me up was when the idiot didn't know what to with Barrowman, they scored and he panicked and thought bring on a striker. Had Duncan not played two shocking passes before Andy came on I think he would have still being standing there thinking who to take of it.

The man is a tactical idiot and the sooner he realises 4-5-1 at home doesn't work the better as we are losing games we shouldn't be.

I did think that teh ref gave us nothing all day, and it was confirmed after watching the highlights, their free kick for the second goal was the decision a complete clown, Smith also took Barrowman out as he ran through on goal, the keeper never touched the ball.

Didnt think Fraser did very well for their first goal either, looked slow to come out and didnt do much to spread himself, bit like the hoal against Hearts.

However, still getting my blood up is the use of subs by Brew... fuc*ing joke.

Edited by caley100

The whole show went tiss-up when Blackie left. It was heedless chicken time all round. NO structure, formation, ideas.

Though Rooney took his goal well, the attack is a toochless dog, lotsa bark, no bite. The young lads need to learn how to shoot ON SIGHT. Several times in goalmouth scrambles, Wood, especially wanted to trap and kick, a luxury that is rarely granted in the SPL. Wallop the fecker! Hopeully Barrowman will come back as first choice, but we need an old head. And yes, letting all our strikers go at once was a bad idea, but of the three the most missed is Dennis. Money needs spent here.

No we didnt play badly, but were outthought by McGhee. I still dont think we are relegation fodder, but most of the teams in the league are only two games away from bottom. I think we well may be at the foot by next Saturday at 5.

I'm no a happy bunny.

We have to try something new, something unheard of at ICT. How about dropping Hastings and Cowie and get Barrowman in as soon as possible with Woods on the bench. Barry Wilson should have more ball time as well. And lets see Zander involved at some stage.

We are losing games we should be winning. Thats Hamilton, Saints and Well at home, all very winnable games, and all thrown away.

We are utterly useless at free kicks and corners and heading the ball into the net........WHY?

signed.........unhappy bunny

Guest Mahonio

If we lose to Falkirk BREW SHOULD EITHER DO THE HONOURBLE THING AND RESIGN OR GET SACKED!!!!!!!

Robbo, we need you.

I was never a fan of Brew coming back anyway as i do with any other club re-appointing former bosses. If they weren't good enough then why re-appoint them!!?

Robbo, we need you.

I was never a fan of Brew coming back anyway as i do with any other club re-appointing former bosses. If they weren't good enough then why re-appoint them!!?

If you are not a fan of former bosses coming back, why Robbo ? We didnt sack either of them, both left to manage their former clubs, and it went pear shaped for them both at those clubs .......