Inverness Street League

BornCaley

I was having a conversation with a mate here in Edinburgh about the old Inverness Street League...he had never heard of it but thought it was a great idea.

So it got me thinking: Is the Street league still going in Inverness?, does anyone have any info on what teams there were?

It certainly was a great idea and one ive never seen anywhere else.

Though it would be nice to see who we all played for

I started with Kilmuir Rovers at 9 or 10 yrs old as i lived nearbye..But when i moved to Dalneigh i played for Telford Street Jnrs at 12

Edited by BornCaley

Still going strong....

Inverness Steet League

I played for Barron Rovers for a few years....there was also Drakies, Crown, Colts, Milton....can't remember many others - there might have only been eight or nine teams when I played....in those days all the games were played at the canal park pitches next to Highland Rugby Club

Played for Barron Taylor Rangers, in its single season of existance. We were replaced by Crown Thistle. We weren't very good. Got to kick a lot of people......... generally the ones that had ran past me to score a goal! :rotflmao:

I played for Drakies from 1994-1998 and then moved into the Inverness Youth League and played for Milton Athletic in 1999 and 2000. All played at Milton pitches apart from Finals which were Clach Park, TCS or if you were unlucky the bught. Managed to rack up a fair few medals too while I played.

A fair few teams have chnaged recently although the two above are still going strong. Hill Rovers, Telford Street Rovers, Clach Rangers, CV Holm.....

Edited by James

• 1 month later...

played for merkinch two seasons ago and dalneigh last season, dalneigh's first :rotflmao:

Au contraire. Dalneigh were about years ago but folded in about. You must be playing for the AFC wimbledon version.... :thumb04:

played for merkinch two seasons ago and dalneigh last season, dalneigh's first :018:

Au contraire. Dalneigh were about years ago but folded in about. You must be playing for the AFC wimbledon version.... :thumb04:

och well their first in ages :rotflmao:

• 1 month later...

I played for Drakies from 1994-1998 and then moved into the Inverness Youth League and played for Milton Athletic in 1999 and 2000. All played at Milton pitches apart from Finals which were Clach Park, TCS or if you were unlucky the bught. Managed to rack up a fair few medals too while I played.

A fair few teams have chnaged recently although the two above are still going strong. Hill Rovers, Telford Street Rovers, Clach Rangers, CV Holm.....

I played For Milton Athletic in the street league from 1994-5 i think when i was still in primary till 1997 then had 3 seasons in the youth league with them from 1998-2000. I must have played in the same team as you. Our first final my first season in youth league was layed at Caley park, scored a 30 yarder into home end!

Edited by Joe DiMaggio

Cradelhall in Street league for one season winning div 2 if I remember (Bronson?). Then Cradelhall and Hill Rovers in the Youth League again winning Div 2 in YL with Rovers. One the league by needing a point against Clach. Two nil done but brough it back to 2 all, great game. I am still sure we didnt win the league that year as the ref put us down as a 7-6 win over Smithton when I was sure it was a 6 all draw. The game had penalties, sending off's and a pitch invasion when we were winning as the Smithton youths wanted the game stopped. As we all went to Culloden we all new each other so it was mad, added to that the ref was a trainee p.e teacher from Culloden!

Edited by Govan Jaggie

I played for Milton Athletic in the 80s

The team was run by Mike Fridge and Stevie Polson

some great players in that team

Les Fridge

Graham Godsman

David Howell

Raymond Fraser

Kevin Sweeney

Alan Wilson

Ivor Robertson ( R I P )

Brian MacPherson