Inverness Street League

BornCaley

i must be really old, i remember alex and marion urquhart stopping a kick around between me and a couple of mates at bught park asking us to make up a team for a new street league, under 13's, they were starting up. this was 1970(ohhh dear 39 years ago). we called ourselves springfield and won the first ever league title. due to a draw on the last game of the season against ness utd, which resulted in a tie on points, extra time was played and then a penalty shoot out which the inverness courier reported on its back page as a world first. I took first ever penalty in world soccer to decide a game of football and scored but had to retake as the ref was untangling a bike from the goal nets at the time.

teams that first year springfield,ness utd,b.c colts,k.d raigmore,lochardil thistle,dalneigh dynamoes,lochbroom utd,hilton athletic,sunnybank,burgh utd,central fives,tomnahurich

in those days a glass of orange and biscuits were provided by marion for all players at half-time

post-3646-1234998105_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

I played for Drakies from 1994-1998 and then moved into the Inverness Youth League and played for Milton Athletic in 1999 and 2000. All played at Milton pitches apart from Finals which were Clach Park, TCS or if you were unlucky the bught. Managed to rack up a fair few medals too while I played.

A fair few teams have chnaged recently although the two above are still going strong. Hill Rovers, Telford Street Rovers, Clach Rangers, CV Holm.....

The mighty cv holm :rotflmao:

• 2 months later...

post-1912-1248375160_thumb.jpg

Cradelhall in Street league for one season winning div 2 if I remember (Bronson?). Then Cradelhall and Hill Rovers in the Youth League again winning Div 2 in YL with Rovers. One the league by needing a point against Clach. Two nil done but brough it back to 2 all, great game. I am still sure we didnt win the league that year as the ref put us down as a 7-6 win over Smithton when I was sure it was a 6 all draw. The game had penalties, sending off's and a pitch invasion when we were winning as the Smithton youths wanted the game stopped. As we all went to Culloden we all new each other so it was mad, added to that the ref was a trainee p.e teacher from Culloden!

:D

cradlehall 1988 ish?

• 1 month later...

I played for Milton Athletic in the 80s

The team was run by Mike Fridge and Stevie Polson

some great players in that team

Les Fridge

Graham Godsman

David Howell

Raymond Fraser

Kevin Sweeney

Alan Wilson

Ivor Robertson ( R I P )

Brian MacPherson

Andy Macleod

cant remember all the boys but it would be good if anyone can add names

Add:

Martin Taylor

Gary Munro

Mark Robertson

Kevin Wemyss

Charlie Christie

Danny MacDonald

Davie Cooper

Wow, that picture of cradlehall was a blast from the past! A very young looking govan jaggie in there!!

Believe that was the youth league eam rather than the street league one, although i could be wrong. Big T fan was the manager of the cradlehall team for its existence!!