Jack McConnell - top bloke?

Row S

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lorramess, your wish is granted... the Mad Uncle wishes to contribute tuppenceworth...

Jack McConnell is a politician (allegedly). He knows that in just under a year's time he faces an election, and quite probably eviction from his job. He has already confessed as much (also allegedly) to his mate Tony Bliar. McConnell is therefore desperate for votes and has quite probably hijacked the World Cup for his own political ends. Personally, I don't care who he supports. I've lived north of the border for 29 years and have grown used to (a) the English bias of the media [the English can't see it because they've never experienced it from 'the other side'] (b) the sniping of the Scots. I've also experienced working in an office in which people, quite seriously, have questioned why I should be living in their country (but I won't take the lid off that particular can of worms).

It is unfortunate I guess, that every two years, during the 'off season', when we've all got no ICT related issues to get behind, that a football tournament comes along that England expects to win, and everyone else in the UK hopes they'll make a pig's ear of. That's life...

Success in sport is short lived. The England rugby team have proved that. So have Greece... European Champions??? So I say enjoy each match as it comes (whoever your favoured nation happens to be today) but every time England win, I'm sure the Jack McConnell's of this world become ever more nervous that this time they might actually do it. Meeeeee  :004: I doubt it....  :009:

Mannie, stop pretending you're admin  :001: ITN jnr, you're right Im not continuing the argument by PM, and you've lost track anyhow so ??? JB, If JM is eating "I believe" bars now Im a monkeys uncle

Yompa - quite right about the english media and the sh1t we 've had to put up with BUT

"McConnell is therefore desperate for votes and has quite probably hijacked the World Cup for his own political ends." BO11OCKS!!! He said who he was supporting, end of story. If all you twisted englishfolk are continuing to take that as personal abuse, fair enough, don't vote for him (I don't) But don't bend my ear with your moaning about it, what did you expect? Everyone in Scotland to walk round with St George's crosses? Aye right!  :015: