Team fer Easter Road ?

The Proctor jokes are getting very old.

I would like:

Esson

Proctor Duff Munro McBain

Cowie Black Vigurs Imrie

Rooney Barrowman

With Zander and/or Bazza to come on at half time, someone to run at Bamba.

But as Jay says:

Fraser will probably play

Hastings will probably play

Tokely will probably play

McCallister (or Wood) will probably play

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need to stop the rot by not losing first and foremost, so...

----------------------Fraser (or Esson - not sure

----------------------Proctor-----------------------

-------------Munro---------------Hastings---------

Tokely---------------------------------------McBain

-------------Black--------------Duncan------------

Cowie----------------------------------------Imrie

--------------------Barrowman---------------------

Subs: Esson/Fraser, Djebi-Zadi, Duff, Wilson, Sutherland, Vigurs, Rooney

I think Hastings could do a job in the centre with a sweeper behind him. I rate Proctor but he's not got it for central defence. As a sweeper (or defensive midfield), he could work well. Same old problem - Dods shaped hole. I think that's the basis of all our problems from clean sheets, to confidence to building from the back. All the team has to make for there being no good commanding figure.

Correct me if i am wrong but are these not the same eleven players who started at Ibrox? Only a madman would start that lot again regardless of how you have shuffled them around.How many more goals do you want Fraser to cost us before you would give Esson a chance.

-------------------------------------Esson-----------------------------------------

-------Proctor---------Duff----------------Munro------------McBain-------------

-----------------------------------Duncan-----------------------------------------

-----------------Cowie-------------------------------Imrie-----------------------

------------------------------------Black-------------------------------------------

-------------------------Wilson----------------Rooney----------------------------

------Esson------

----Proctor-----Duff-----Munro-----Deja-Zadi

----Wilson-----Black----Sutherland----Vigurs

------Cowie-----

-----Rooney-----

Subs : Barrowman, Tokely, McBain, Imrie, Duncan, Fraser, Wood

A young team yes, but with the reserve result and the lack of passion in the team that played at Ibrox I think a hungry team like this would be ideal against Hibs. Small in midfield though we've all seen Black won't be easy to just punt over without him putting up a chase.

Need to stop the rot by not losing first and foremost, so...

----------------------Fraser (or Esson - not sure

----------------------Proctor-----------------------

-------------Munro---------------Hastings---------

Tokely---------------------------------------McBain

Subs: Esson/Fraser, Djebi-Zadi, Duff, Wilson, Sutherland, Vigurs, Rooney

I think Hastings could do a job in the centre with a sweeper behind him. I rate Proctor but he's not got it for central defence. As a sweeper (or defensive midfield), he could work well. Same old problem - Dods shaped hole. I think that's the basis of all our problems from clean sheets, to confidence to building from the back. All the team has to make for there being no good commanding figure.

Correct me if i am wrong but are these not the same eleven players who started at Ibrox? Only a madman would start that lot again regardless of how you have shuffled them around.How many more goals do you want Fraser to cost us before you would give Esson a chance.

Was also the same team that did so much better in the 2nd half. Formation (and motivation but nothing I can do about that) counts for a hell of a lot. I'm surprised so many are going for an attacking line up with wingers and two up front. I'd have thought not losing on such a bad run (and away against an attacking team like Hibs) would be more of a priority than winning. Anyway, with Tokely out, my revised team is:-

--------------------Esson (been persuaded)

Proctor---Munro---Duff---Hastings---Djebi-Zadi

Subs: Fraser, McBain, Wood, Wilson, Sutherland, Vigurs, Rooney

With three at centre back, Proctor and Djebi-Zadi can push on. Don't think any of the three could be earmarked for the libre position I thought Proctor may be able to handle. DZ being more energetic than McBain and the lapses mopped up by Hastings. I'm also leaning now towards Rooney in attack but the main three attackers are all much of a muchness. Defensive and trying to sneak a goal. Plenty of attack minded players to bring on if we're looking more confident than we have been (I'd definitely bring Sutherland on at some point just to see what he can do).

Esson

Tokely - Duff - Munro - McBain

Cowie - Black - Vigurs

Wilson - Imrie

Rooney

Fraser has made a few errors and esson has done enough to suggest in the cup games he deserves a run.

I dont think Proctor is ready to come back and his confidence will have taken a severe dent after his role in the Ibrox debacle (i feel he is blameless as he wasnt ready and is NOT a centre half - Brew take note)

Duff came on and was fairly solid 2nd half

Munro tried his best in a losing battle

Hastings is finished and we need a new left back. I dont think Lionel is good enough to step in either. So in steps Mcbain who lacks talent for midfield but has the engine to get up and down.

Cowie Black and Vigurs will be the middle men. All three creative with good movement.

Imrie will switch between wide left and supporting the strikers depending on situations

Wilson will support the inexperienced Rooney with his skill, touch and creative brain

Rooney is the best forward we have and should lead the line.

When Wilson tires bring on either Barrowman or Wood (if we are looking to score) or Duncan ( to protect a lead by sitting behind the middle three with Imrie pushing in behind Rooney more)

Thank you.

----------------------------ESSON (GK)----------------------------

PROCTOR (RB)-------------------DUFF (CB)---------MUNRO (CB) -------------MCBAIN (LB)

COWIE (RIGHT MIDFIELD)------BLACK (CM)------DUNCAN (CM)-----IMRIE (LEFT MIDFIELD)

-----------------------------------ROONEY (STR)-------------BARROWMAN (STR)--------------

I think the someones been getting the tactics mixed up on the blackboard in the changing room therefore ive highlighted where our wide midfielders invariably play best!

I agree with Wilson been on from the start with Rooney up front - Barry has a great cross of the ball and to be fair Rooney is always willing and trying to get on the end of them - Wilson is also a good footballer i.e he seems to be able to read the game and I have watch Rooney in the games he has played and he is always making the runs but no one else seems to be able to pick them out - so I would like to see Barry on he has a great cross

The latest P&J online article

Fraser and Proctor search for redemption at Easter Road

It starts off saying that Fraser & Proctor will keep there places for Saturday's game before then going on to quote Brewster saying he hasn't decided whether he is going to rest Fraser yet ot not!! Very odd.

Seems the reporter is saying one thing, but the actual quotes from Brewster say something else ..... journalistic license at its most blatant ..... or maybe reporter making conclusions about off the record comments perhaps?

Esson

Tokely Duff Munro McBain

Cowie Black Duncan Vigurs Imrie

Rooney

Subs: Fraser, Djebi-Zadi, Hastings, Wilson, Zander, Wood, Barrowman

The latest P&J online article

Fraser and Proctor search for redemption at Easter Road

It starts off saying that Fraser & Proctor will keep there places for Saturday's game before then going on to quote Brewster saying he hasn't decided whether he is going to rest Fraser yet ot not!! Very odd.

Seems the reporter is saying one thing, but the actual quotes from Brewster say something else ..... journalistic license at its most blatant ..... or maybe reporter making conclusions about off the record comments perhaps?

Esson

Tokely Duff Munro McBain

Cowie Black Duncan Vigurs Imrie

Rooney

Subs: Fraser, Djebi-Zadi, Hastings, Wilson, Zander, Wood, Barrowman

Has anybody else noticed how much closer the fan perspective on selection has become - and I wonder how far Brew and/or our gutless Board will conform to show this:

Esson - Proctor - Duff - McBain (at full back) - Cowie on the rite - Imrie on the left - Vigurs !!

Will Brew stay as he has or succumb to public vote - then he will make it an excuse cos it dont matter who ya paly or where when ya have lost the dressing room.

He will be blaming US next "!!!!!!!

Esson

Proctor--Duff--Munro--McBain

Blackie

Wilson--Cowie-Viguars--Imrie

Rooney

Munro surounded with football players with a bit off luck he will use them,and not his usual (one wood with length

and no direction) Left Foot!!!!!!

Subs:-Barrowman,Wood,Hastings,Zander,Fraser,Duncan and any other PERSON!!

this is the team tomo:

Esson

Tokely Proctor Munro Hastings

Cowie Duncan Vigurs Black Imirie

Wood

McBain, Fraser and Barrowman are to be dropped from last week.

Will be interesting to see how reliable your source is come 3 oclock tom. It would be remarkable if the back four remained intact after the disastrous first half last week.

Proctor at the back, deep and looking to push the rest forward

If taken in the wrong context, that could sound quite dirty :thumb04:

The Proctor jokes are getting very old.

Sorry, thats me finished now. Couldn't resist :rotflmao:

Edited by Iain