Credit where credit's due

Delighted to take 3 points from Hibs this afternoon boosting us up to 9th in the league. Whilst not out of the woods by any stretch, and forgive me for being so pleased but following our recent run of form and following last weeks disaster today was a huge result for the club.

Could this be the turning point?, we have been here before but maybe, just maybe,this week with Falkirk on the ropes drawing today against Hamilton another 3 points on Wednesday could boost us up the league into a safer position.

Come on boy's do us proud and not make today's great result a one off and roll into into next week with a win against Falkirk.

Today's result has to be testament that we can survive in this league and take points off the bigger clubs. Lets hope a wee run of form is ahead

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will give credit where it is due, listening to Robbo's effervescent commentary on the radio made it sound like a good performance today and I would single out Vigurs and Esson from a list of positives.

However, as one person mentioned in the chatroom, "one swallow does not make a summer" and it will take much more than that to make me think we have turned the corner .... some consistency ion the next couple of games would be a start.

I will give credit where it is due, listening to Robbo's effervescent commentary on the radio made it sound like a good performance today and I would single out Vigurs and Esson from a list of positives.

However, as one person mentioned in the chatroom, "one swallow does not make a summer" and it will take much more than that to make me think we have turned the corner .... some consistency ion the next couple of games would be a start.

I agree entirely, but its's great to get a win, nothing wrong with being optimistic though, it's been difficult to do that of late!!

Likewise. Just back from the game and delighted not to spend Monday avoiding Hibbys.

Credit to everybody today, a bit like the Aberdeen match. The team and the manager had a lot to prove and it's a shame there wasn't a bigger support there to see it.

Like Scotty, I'd say well done but one swallow etc. The Aberdeen game was 3 months ago and we've waited a long time for a performance like that.

Just back. Lots of fight and passion but still struggling in the final third, Wood doesn't look good enough. Thought Vigurs and Black were pick of the bunch, Black should of been sent off though. Credit to Malky and Brew for acknowledge the away support. :rotflmao: . Hard to say if we have turned the corner but very happy tonight.

PS Nice to see Bobby Wilson in the support!

First hour and a half on the site following a good win compared to last weeks bad defeat followed by lots of hysteria and ridiculous crap being spouted, mmmm.

Maybe it should be the other way round, then again maybe all the moaners were expecting a win today and are just getting ready for their Saturday nights out, then again all their PC's might have broken down :rotflmao:

Edited by ralph milne

First hour and a half on the site following a good win compared to last weeks bad defeat followed by lots of hysteria and ridiculous crap being spouted, mmmm.

Maybe it should be the other way round, then again maybe all the moaners were expecting a win today and are just getting ready for their Saturday nights out, then again all their PC's might have broken down :rotflmao:

A bit of pot/kettle there Ralph !!!!

You didnt like the reaction of those fans calling for Brewster's head after last week's debacle yet feel quite happy rubbing their noses in it after a result that many of the same people have acknowledged as far better.

Bottom line, last week was a farce, this week was good .... most of us just wish there was some consistency somewhere in-between those two extremes. Until that happens, CB will struggle to win many of us over (or back in the case of some who backed him until last week).

A huge amount of credit is due to the manager, and the players.

I don't think we have turned any sort of corner. We will continue to lose games that we should win, particuarly at home, but then surprise everyone with an unexpected win once in a while.

You didnt like the reaction of those fans calling for Brewster's head after last week's debacle yet feel quite happy rubbing their noses in it after a result that many of the same people have acknowledged as far better.

Bottom line, last week was a farce, this week was good .... most of us just wish there was some consistency somewhere in-between those two extremes. Until that happens, CB will struggle to win many of us over (or back in the case of some who backed him until last week).

Scotty, sorry no pot/kettle from me, i've not seen any of last weeks gripers giving credit yet.

Yngwie, your post is spot on mate !!

Maybe it should be the other way round, then again maybe all the moaners were expecting a win today and are just getting ready for their Saturday nights out, then again all their PC's might have broken down :thumb04:

Scotty, sorry no pot/kettle from me, i've not seen any of last weeks gripers giving credit yet.

Yngwie, your post is spot on mate !!

even if last weeks gripers were giving credit they would then be accused of being two faced. i personally am impressed at the consistancy shown by the fans and hope the team might match it someday. :rotflmao:

So Ralph, the manager dishes up crap for the best part of 10 months and one good result and we should all be grovelling for not thinking he's the best thing since sliced bread? Give ma a break, not even you can be that naive/blinkered :rotflmao:

I've not seen any of last weeks gripers giving credit yet.

voila

Whats the problem with saying well done ICT and Brew.

Not saying that all our problems are resolved in one fell swoop as I dont believe they are but if we are going to hang brew for some bad performances (ok to many) at least give him some praise for a particulary good one

Edited by stevico1

Whats the problem with saying well done ICT and Brew.

There is no problem in congratulating Craig Brewster and the players for an excellent result which seems to have been deserved based on performance rather than the elusive "rub of the green" that was being trotted out last week. WELL DONE TO ALL CONCERNED !!!

However, by the same token, one good result does not wipe away the bad taste of some of our indifferent and lets be honest, downright terrible, performances this season (not just last week's debacle). Some people seem to think that a single good result means everything is OK. It is not. We need to be up for EVERY game. If the team start performing like they did today and do it CONSISTENTLY then maybe a corner has been turned, but not yet.

I know steve, but plenty folk are quick to dish out the dirt, but not so quick to give a wee pat on the back when things go well. I don't think for one minute that this single result will endear Brewster to the ICT fans and nor should it, but fair play to him and the team, great result today. My gringo prediction was 4-0 to Hibees.

And for what it's worth I also voted for Brew to go in the poll on here recently. I did not think he had what it takes to turn round the recent results and performances, but hey, he got it right today.

So, yes, credit when it's due, and the reverse of that is take the flak when the going gets tough. As the manager is stubborn, there are also some very stubborn posters on here, and Brew, or whoever the manager will be is always on a hiding to nothing. Pantiliner at Hibs may be on a sticky wicket though, things not going his way just now.

Just back. Lots of fight and passion but still struggling in the final third, Wood doesn't look good enough. Thought Vigurs and Black were pick of the bunch, Black should of been sent off though. Credit to Malky and Brew for acknowledge the away support. :rotflmao: . Hard to say if we have turned the corner but very happy tonight.

PS Nice to see Bobby Wilson in the support!

Bobby and Mrs Wilson go to most, if not all, games.

Well done today Mr Brewster and the lads. Good to see a win. Not that I seen it in the gale swept north sea. I think the real test will be wednesday night. Falkirk are poor just now so its important to take the opportunity to turn them over. Two wins back to back then build on it between now and january.

Aye very good scotty, how many games have you seen recently? I know Canada and all that, but come on, Brewster can do no right according to some posters and even Alex Macleod has deserted the ship. Whoever the manager is we should get behind him and the team, for better or for worse.

We all know everything is not rosey, but the constant slagging of the whole ICT set up is getting boring. We as a site should be getting behind the team. Instead of that we are putting words into the mouths of the weaker links and demanding the head of the manager.

Some people have risen above their station I'm afraid. Support the club or go and watch County in the first division, yes thats right, first division.

I would be far happier of we could acheive a happy medium consistantly instead of this Jekyl and Hyde like performances we seem to be getting. Nothing tho will change the fact change the fact, I dont want brewster here!

Today was good however, and i think we should not overlook the importance of Eassons penalty save. In the end, it won us the three points :rotflmao:

I would like to make my position clear on brewster. I am not jumping on a bandwagon because of results not going our way. I simply didnt want the guy back after he contradicted himself and walked out on us the last time. I have not been to a single game since he took over, and plan to continue my stance as long as he is at the helm. So thats two games this week i would have otherwise been at.

Smee, his name is Esson, I notice you were misnaming him on the chattydoobly thing today. Consistency is what every team would like and if anyone knows the recipe for that then they are on a winner.

I accept that not everyone wants Brewster to be here, but some people have never given him a chance, which to be honest is not very democratic. He should stay or go on the results the team produce. So far there is no reason to oust him as we are not adrift at the bottom of the league.............should this change as is likely given our up and down performances, then Brewster will be brought to task, but in the mean time, he should surely be supported...

no, my bad.

cutting off your nose to spite your face...................................give it a go mun, it won't hurt, mind you, some of the home performances have been hard to understand.