Credit where credit's due

Or perhaps you just don't get me?

Unlike some people I give my support on the basis of what a person does for the club and not because they happen to be a mate and throw me the odd free ticket for a game.

Mate ? Free ticket ? what are you on about ?

Just making the point that there's some people on this site who won't see a bad word said about certain people at the club because they are buddies and not because they think that person is actually benefiting ICT. In much the same manner as certain people only have jobs/positions at the club because of who they know and not because of what they know or what they can do.

All of the above is, of course, purely opinion!!!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlike some people I give my support on the basis of what a person does for the club and not because they happen to be a mate and throw me the odd free ticket for a game.

Just making the point that there's some people on this site who won't see a bad word said about certain people at the club because they are buddies and not because they think that person is actually benefiting ICT. In much the same manner as certain people only have jobs/positions at the club because of who they know and not because of what they know or what they can do.

Opinion based on what?

Buddies, mate, what are you saying ! You don't know me or are you just listening to your buddies and mates !

CaleyD

As far as i can see you just dont GET IT

why oh why dont you get it, i find it hard to believe that thst 1 result means its all sorted

Where did i say ONE result means its sorted.

MY perogative is to stop the b******s that is thrown on here every other week, not to stop opinions but to stop the BULLSH*T and Lies

Last week, the pro Brew camp were saying the opposite, ie, lets not get on brews back because of one bad result. This week its we should get off his case, because of one good result :rotflmao:

CaleyD

As far as i can see you just dont GET IT

why oh why dont you get it, i find it hard to believe that thst 1 result means its all sorted

Where did i say ONE result means its sorted.

MY perogative is to stop the b******s that is thrown on here every other week, not to stop opinions but to stop the BULLSH*T and Lies

ok so you have failed

PROBABLY

Opinion based on what?

Buddies, mate, what are you saying ! You don't know me or are you just listening to your buddies and mates !

Did I say you?

Some might think you were being a little paranoid though :rotflmao:

ok, we are in danger of going off on several personal tangents here .... lets just get back on topic folks.

If anyone wants to keep getting personal, take it to the PM system.

Opinion based on what?

Did I say you?

Some might think you were being a little paranoid though :rotflmao:

Don't back track now ! Paranoid - sorry, not guilty

ok, we are in danger of going off on several personal tangents here .... lets just get back on topic folks.

If anyone wants to keep getting personal, take it to the PM system.

Thought that might get thrown in, but your spot on buddie

Aye very good Scotty again, why not quote the whole sentence where I accepted the fact that you are in Canada.

feck me, I am not getting at you or D for the stance you guys are taking, along with three thousand others, but it does not take a lot out of you to say..........maybe he got it right, just maybe...........swallows and summers and all that.....................I go to all home games and maybe 70% of away games and like to think I can form a rational & reasonable opinion of the team and management structure.

As an aside, I dislike the fact that you can't tell if someone has posted since you type a long winded report.

Sorry - but Brew got lucky today - but perhaps deserved it. The team looked like they wanted to win and he renaged on his previous tactics. We went to the days of yore but the players lifted the perfomance - Brew played the system better but still made a few bollicks

Sorry - but Brew got lucky today - but perhaps deserved it. The team looked like they wanted to win and he renaged on his previous tactics. We went to the days of yore but the players lifted the perfomance - Brew played the system better but still made a few bollicks

:021: :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;) :lol: :015: :D :P

You've just sent me to bed laughing hysterically

Edited by ralph milne

:D :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;) :lol: :015: :D :P

You've just sent me to bed laughing hysterically

That wasnt sarcasm ya tatw. :021: :D :D :D :D :D

Hope the restraints arent too tight. :D :D :D :D :D

No he didn't. He just left. At least Brew negotiated a decent compensation package before he went. I take it even if Brew leaves you won't be coming back because Shearer's at the club. Some of us remember his interview the night before he signed for Aberdeen.

Alex, am afraid i read Brewster's statement with my own eyes at the time, as i say, twas about 2-3 weeks before he turned his back on us. Ironically, he went up in my estimations ten fold at the time!

As for Shearer, I honestly cant see him EVER being back in charge of ICT, so cant see it being an issue for me. BUT, can you remind me of what he said. Am not sure i recall this episode at all, but often hear it referred to.

Dont remember the exact quote but he was on Grampian news on the friday night after Pele accepted the Aberdeen job telling us all how much he loved ICT and the fans and how he wasn't going anywhere. On the saturday he signed on at Aberdeen.

I believe he is already back at the club as Youth Development Coach.

Anyway, TMFTJ is trying to convey that positivity trumps negativity as I see it in a situation where the Manager is unlikely to be sacked in the short term.

He is saying that meantime we should stop looking for reasons to cut him to ribbons at every opportunity ---especially going back to the distant past when he is supposed to have been disloyal because he wanted to move to another club. We all know the circumstances but he did try to ensure that ICT got a decent price for him and that has to be taken into account when the scales are weighed out.And he does have the right to better himself if he wants to even if the going was not perfect.

Also how far back do you want to go to find negativity and hold tenaciously to grudges about the past ?. Can't we live in the present and not the past? If we go back a hundred years what good can it do ? And does it hold any relevance to the present situation--it should not? He should be judged on what he is doing now not the past.

So some of the posters on here bear a grudge against Brewster and cannot appear to bring themselves to see anything good in the man probably for ever as far as can be seen .But he is here and if you want the club to prosper as you say you do why not try to stop the bickering, the name calling the moaning and making some other posters just fed-up with listening to it all , on and on and on----and on.

So in this I support Manfer and want a change of heart and attitude please.

Anyway, TMFTJ is trying to convey that positivity trumps negativity as I see it in a situation where the Manager is unlikely to be sacked in the short term.

He is saying that meantime we should stop looking for reasons to cut him to ribbons at every opportunity ---especially going back to the distant past when he is supposed to have been disloyal because he wanted to move to another club. We all know the circumstances but he did try to ensure that ICT got a decent price for him and that has to be taken into account when the scales are weighed out.And he does have the right to better himself if he wants to even if the going was not perfect.

Also how far back do you want to go to find negativity and hold tenaciously to grudges about the past ?. Can't we live in the present and not the past? If we go back a hundred years what good can it do ? And does it hold any relevance to the present situation--it should not? He should be judged on what he is doing now not the past.

So some of the posters on here bear a grudge against Brewster and cannot appear to bring themselves to see anything good in the man probably for ever as far as can be seen .But he is here and if you want the club to prosper as you say you do why not try to stop the bickering, the name calling the moaning and making some other posters just fed-up with listening to it all , on and on and on----and on.

So in this I support Manfer and want a change of heart and attitude please.

Extremely well put :thumb04: :rotflmao:

I would like to make my position clear on brewster. I am not jumping on a bandwagon because of results not going our way. I simply didnt want the guy back after he contradicted himself and walked out on us the last time. I have not been to a single game since he took over, and plan to continue my stance as long as he is at the helm. So thats two games this week i would have otherwise been at.

Smee, - fair play that you have consistently stuck to your guns on Brewster but why not attending a game since he took over?. Supporters should first and foremost support the team and by your actions, don't think you are doing that. Protest against Brewster as much as you like, as is your right but attending the stadium to support the team would be so much better.

Sorry guys - but Brewster is a minor irritation - if ya follow a club it should be driven from the heart - I have been feckin cheesed off fer weeks but I am as high as a feckin kite today - and I have been taking my Lithium !!

ICT is a feckin drug - Caledonian was a drug - (Thistle was a depressant but we wont go into that) - I go games cos I am totally addicted but I especially love the peeple I meet on ma travels - we are all kindred spirits - well apart from Ralf Milnee - ICT is the best medicine ya could take - take a dose 1-2 a week and feckin see.

Smee, - fair play that you have consistently stuck to your guns on Brewster but why not attending a game since he took over?. Supporters should first and foremost support the team and by your actions, don't think you are doing that. Protest against Brewster as much as you like, as is your right but attending the stadium to support the team would be so much better.

As i sed elsewhere i think, I am a right stubborn barsteward. Plus the fact i cant afford to go to the games really. I was a regular attender in the lower leagues, right up till we got into the SPL. Then i went to the games I could afford (Non glory hunting games, the likes of Hibs, Dunfermiline etc). Brewster coming back is a convienient excuse for me to not fork out ?20-?25. I listen to most of the games on the radio tho, so i still back the team in a way

Credit where it's due, the players did well. A fantastic and unexpected win - special mentions to Esson and Vigurs from all accounts. As a side note, when was the last time a goalkeeper in our colours saved a penalty?...

As for the real issue at hand here: Brewster must go. What odds on him fielding exactly the same team as Saturday against Falkirk at home?... :rotflmao:

I rest my case...

Edited by Jay_7