Credit where credit's due

I would like to make my position clear on brewster. I am not jumping on a bandwagon because of results not going our way. I simply didnt want the guy back after he contradicted himself and walked out on us the last time. I have not been to a single game since he took over, and plan to continue my stance as long as he is at the helm. So thats two games this week i would have otherwise been at.

Smee while I am not been critical of your stance just curious as whether you would have taken the same stance if it had been robbo that had came back

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question Stevico, and in all honesty, the answer would be no, I would have supported Robbo. The reason being...Robbo didnt come out with a no loyalty in football speech two weeks before leaving us. Thats the bit the sticks in my throat, and am a stubborn barsteward when it comes to stuff like that

Good question Stevico, and in all honesty, the answer would be no, I would have supported Robbo. The reason being...Robbo didnt come out with a no loyalty in football speech two weeks before leaving us. Thats the bit the sticks in my throat, and am a stubborn barsteward when it comes to stuff like that

Like I said Smee wasnt been critical just curious and nothing wrong with been a stubborn barsteward we all are at times

Aye very good scotty, how many games have you seen recently? I know Canada and all that, but come on, Brewster can do no right according to some posters and even Alex Macleod has deserted the ship. Whoever the manager is we should get behind him and the team, for better or for worse.

We all know everything is not rosey, but the constant slagging of the whole ICT set up is getting boring. We as a site should be getting behind the team. Instead of that we are putting words into the mouths of the weaker links and demanding the head of the manager.

Some people have risen above their station I'm afraid. Support the club or go and watch County in the first division, yes thats right, first division.

No! no! no! He hasn't deserted anything, as you well know Mr Mannie. I was never a fan of bringing Brewster back but I accepted it and got behind him and the team. I always said he should get the chance to build his own team and show what he can do. Last saturday I didn't jump ship. I jumped overboard. Right on the half time whistle. I was disgusted by what I'd witnessed at the Bronx and vented my frustrations.

Two or three consistantly good results and I may even buy the guy a drink next time in the Heathmount but thats what everyone wants to see. Results.

No he didn't. He just left. At least Brew negotiated a decent compensation package before he went. I take it even if Brew leaves you won't be coming back because Shearer's at the club. Some of us remember his interview the night before he signed for Aberdeen.

I know Alex, and it was a wake up call maybe to some site visitors as you are normally pro ICT. I believe in getting behind whoever is in charge..............no puns intended in that sentence.................results have not been great recently and if ICT, with or without Brew can turn it around then fine.

Manny, have you ever stopped to think that the reason some people criticise is because they want the best for the club and don't believe that's happening at the moment? Are we suppose to blindly follow on the basis that we're not bottom of the table?

I don't criticise because I want the club to get worse, I do so because I want the club to get better. If you want to blindly follow and are happy with the club showing no ambition other than survival, then that's your prerogative...personally I want more for ICT and I think they are capable of more. I think there's certain things and certain people who are holding ICT back, either deliberately, through incompetence or because they're more interested in looking after themselves.

As for giving credit where it's due....I will happily say well done for todays result and performance, but I'm not going to give credit to Brewster because I'm not convinced he played any major part in it. He did nothing today that he hasn't done in most games for the last 10 months from what I could gather.

Perhaps it was right to leave things as was and let the "pride" factor play it's part, perhaps he knows no other way and just got lucky.

If he can start producing a performance from the team on a more regular basis then I'll give credit. I don't even need to see wins in the next few games, but what I do want to see is a Manager putting out a team who are consistently up for the game, who are out there playing in their strongest positions, who are there on merit and not because they happen to be a favourite and a formation which doesn't constantly rely on putting 10 men behind the ball and then hitting on the break. I want to be entertained and at the end of the game I want to feel like we gave it our best regardless of the score.

We got that today, despite the counter-attacking football, and as I said....well done, but I'm not going to start bumming the guy up on the basis of what could be nothing more than a fluke.

IF Brewster is given time to turn things around properly and he succeeds and goes on to get the best out of the squad on a regular basis then nobody will be happier than me. I don't want to see him fail, because that means ICT fail....but right now I think he's doing more harm than good and I will not give my support to someone I fell is doing that because ultimately it will, IMO, lead to our demise.....what kind of fan wants to support a regime/personnel who are dragging their team down or backwards? I'd say it's those with the blind faith that are doing more harm than good...so if anyone should be sodding off to watch C*unty, then maybe it should be them?

TM4TJ,

Thank the lord !!

I've had too much wine too elaborate but you're spot on.

EVERYONE - No matter how hard or how tough it might be, SWALLOW the pill and back the team WHOEVER is in charge, get 5-6,000 at home games and build a fortress !

RM

Ralphie pray tell me how we get crowds like that

TM4TJ,

Thank the lord !!

I've had too much wine too elaborate but you're spot on.

EVERYONE - No matter how hard or how tough it might be, SWALLOW the pill and back the team WHOEVER is in charge, get 5-6,000 at home games and build a fortress !

RM

Ralphie pray tell me how we get crowds like that

Play the OF every week?

Aye very good scotty, how many games have you seen recently? I know Canada and all that, but come on, Brewster can do no right according to some posters and even Alex Macleod has deserted the ship. Whoever the manager is we should get behind him and the team, for better or for worse.

We all know everything is not rosey, but the constant slagging of the whole ICT set up is getting boring. We as a site should be getting behind the team. Instead of that we are putting words into the mouths of the weaker links and demanding the head of the manager.

Some people have risen above their station I'm afraid. Support the club or go and watch County in the first division, yes thats right, first division.

My hero :rotflmao:

No he didn't. He just left. At least Brew negotiated a decent compensation package before he went. I take it even if Brew leaves you won't be coming back because Shearer's at the club. Some of us remember his interview the night before he signed for Aberdeen.

Alex, am afraid i read Brewster's statement with my own eyes at the time, as i say, twas about 2-3 weeks before he turned his back on us. Ironically, he went up in my estimations ten fold at the time!

As for Shearer, I honestly cant see him EVER being back in charge of ICT, so cant see it being an issue for me. BUT, can you remind me of what he said. Am not sure i recall this episode at all, but often hear it referred to.

Edited by SMEE

We all want the best for the team D, but some of us go about it in a differnt way. The constant stabbing of ICT and the management is not helping.

To be perfectly honest, I am sick to the back teeth of the back biting and back stabbing being portrayed on here and the sooner we all wise up the better. We are not Celtic or Rangers, just another run of the mill SPL club.

Scotty, sorry no pot/kettle from me, i've not seen any of last weeks gripers giving credit yet.

I suppose you can count me in as a long term griper then, even if I never had a gripe last week. Firstly I missed the game so it would be unfair to complain, and secondly I was too depressed to bother, as it's all been said before. I hope I've given a bit of credit earlier on tonight.

Today - well, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Even though we have a somewhat limited squad of players (and I don't mean size of pool) I would take that kind of fight (and passing the ball) every week even if we didn't win.

For you Ralph to expect people like me to turn around and say everything is now rosy is complete bollocks. The last time I saw the team fired up and playing like that was on August 9th. I don't think winning at Falkirk was in the same class, and I missed the Killie game.

So far that's two high points in my season. Brewster's had well over a year, second time around, so you'll forgive me if I look for a bit more consistency.

We all want the best for the team D, but some of us go about it in a differnt way. The constant stabbing of ICT and the management is not helping.

To be perfectly honest, I am sick to the back teeth of the back biting and back stabbing being portrayed on here and the sooner we all wise up the better. We are not Celtic or Rangers, just another run of the mill SPL club.

That bit is true, and I FIRMLY believe that Brewster is not the man to lead us forward, hence my stance. I am not guilty of taking every little opportunity to air my views, but do admit to being more voiceiferous in time of defeat IF there is a relevant thread on the go on which to do so.

I dont expect miracles. I dont see why a finishing place of 9th to maybe 7th should be viewed as unrealistic. but thats where i think we should be aiming for at a minimum.

I'm not back-stabbing anyone. I just call it as I see it. Sometimes people agree, sometimes they don't....such is life.

What I don't like is this attitude that just because I think supporting people who are, IMO, doing more harm than good...does, in effect, do more harm than good, them I am somehow less of a fan?

Go back to my posts at the time Brewster arrived back at the club and you will see that I did nothing but support him. In fact, after the Hibs game following his return I was in the minority on here who were praising him for getting a good performance from the team despite the result (you were also in that minority). I make no secret of the fact I didn't like the idea of his return, but once the decision had been made I did put my effort in to backing the guy....as did many.

The fact is, that despite that support things have gotten worse over the piece....so what good is continuing to support something that is clearly not working going to do?

I'm not criticising Brewster after todays game, I'm merely reserving the "credit" until he proves that today wasn't a one off and we might have actually moved beyond the dross we've been getting.

So pleasing to see us win so convincingly and save a penalty which as a fan i have never seen or heard us achieve.

Lets follow this up by getting some points of the Bairns and the Jambos.

:rotflmao: As I have already mentioned on the forum this league is so tight this year that there is going to be weekly twists and turns. I do believe that we have to show some consistancy but with just six points between us and third placed Dundee United every team bar the old firm is been inconsistant at the moment. Personally I am starting to enjoy these twists and with a win on wednesday against Falkirk I believe that we will have several more points than at the same time last season ( not 100% sure about this!).

Anyway lets wait and see where we are come January and maybe give Brewster a bit of backing at the moment.

Scotty, sorry no pot/kettle from me, i've not seen any of last weeks gripers giving credit yet.

I suppose you can count me in as a long term griper then, even if I never had a gripe last week. Firstly I missed the game so it would be unfair to complain, and secondly I was too depressed to bother, as it's all been said before. I hope I've given a bit of credit earlier on tonight.

Today - well, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Even though we have a somewhat limited squad of players (and I don't mean size of pool) I would take that kind of fight (and passing the ball) every week even if we didn't win.

For you Ralph to expect people like me to turn around and say everything is now rosy is complete bollocks. The last time I saw the team fired up and playing like that was on August 9th. I don't think winning at Falkirk was in the same class, and I missed the Killie game.

So far that's two high points in my season. Brewster's had well over a year, second time around, so you'll forgive me if I look for a bit more consistency.

Never did i say its all rosy !

I agree with you on many points and yes you've given plenty credit and not spewed some of the crap others have :rotflmao:

Aye very good scotty, how many games have you seen recently?

That's a low blow. But to answer your question, 2 x 7500 mile round trips to watch 2 games 'recently', both of which were home victories and played with some style.

Brewster can do no right according to some posters and even Alex Macleod has deserted the ship. Whoever the manager is we should get behind him and the team, for better or for worse.

We all know everything is not rosey, but the constant slagging of the whole ICT set up is getting boring. We as a site should be getting behind the team. Instead of that we are putting words into the mouths of the weaker links and demanding the head of the manager. Some people have risen above their station I'm afraid. Support the club or go and watch County in the first division, yes thats right, first division.

As I mentioned above, I saw two games recently and at the end of the first one, I switched my stance from very anti-Brew to ambivalent. I was anti-Brew because of his results at DUFC nothing else, and my reason for mellowing that day was because I saw a Brew who was coaxing, cajoling and praising some of the younger or more inexperienced players to do well. At that point i Thought "maybe, just maybe, he has it". At the end of the second one, amidst all the personal rumours flying around, I reinforced that belief because I still saw that attitude and heard a number of "alternative" viewpoints to those expressed by some.

Like CaleyD and others, I DO actually want him to do well because bottom line that means ICT are doing well and that is far more important than whose name is on the parking spot. We as a site are trying to get behind the club, certainly off the field, and if the manager can get CONSISTENT performances out of the players every week (win or lose, but always 100% effort) then I will get behind him too. If he can do that, then he will do for me, but if he can't and we continue to huff and puff each week and we have to wonder which ICT will turn up, then maybe he is not TM4TJ so to speak.

We had a good result today, it is certainly deserving of praise, but I would say that the next seven days will tell us even more. We have an excellent chance to try and build some consistency with a couple of emininently winnable games coming up. I would say we have to beat Falkirk at home in midweek and if we can take something from Hearts with a spirited performance (even if all we take is the performance, and not the points) then maybe the Rangers result will be consigned to the bad memory bank and we can move forward.

CaleyD

As far as i can see you just dont GET IT

why oh why dont you get it, i find it hard to believe that thst 1 result means its all sorted

Where did i say ONE result means its sorted.

MY perogative is to stop the b******s that is thrown on here every other week, not to stop opinions but to stop the BULLSH*T and Lies

CaleyD

As far as i can see you just dont GET IT

why oh why dont you get it, i find it hard to believe that thst 1 result means its all sorted

Where did i say ONE result means its sorted.

MY perogative is to stop the b******s that is thrown on here every other week, not to stop opinions but to stop the BULLSH*T and Lies

ok so you have failed