Credit where credit's due

I would have thought that by definition the teams around us would have been doing roughly the same as us?

:rotflmao:

I have taken the stats of the following teams: ICT, St Mirren, Falkirk and Kilmarnock from the beginning of 2008. Not the beginning of the season as I may as well post the current SPL table. In the intrests of fairness I did not include Hamilton as they were in a different league at the start of 2008.

Link

I have not yet updated the table to show last weeks results.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People will no doubt shoot me down and post lots of nice sarcastic emotions, but IMO Brewsters squad is still gelling. I have said from the start he must have until December, this is the first time he has really been able to do things, the way he wants them done, with a combination of new players in, and old players out. As a player, there were few so tactically aware as Brewster, and although some times things baffle me, other times I see a much more aw,are team then we ever had under Christie.

Rooney and Barrowman have both shown me enough to suggest that they are SPL quality and once they get going our strikeforce should be ok, while for the first time since Brewster arrived, I am actually (Ibrox debacle aside) feeling quite confident about the defence.

Have faith folks, Brewster may not be your choice, but there is no point doing anything but supporting him and the team.

Is this year not unusual with 8/9 teams all beating each other on the day?

I don't think I can remember a year, with 12 games played and the bottom of the league being so closely bunched, right up to fourth place.

If you were in 5th place, 9 points ahead of the team you are facing, you have a right to expect a win - you have proved you are at least 25% better than they were - but now only a small margin separates the 8/9 teams and the result is therefore less predictable but the expectation is still there!

Throw into the pot the normal David/Goliath results that crop up over a season and you can see the difference this year.

Maybe this makes the stats more difficult, this year.

I think the only teams who could probably be guaranteed safety outside the OF are Dundee Utd and the Edinburgh two. Possibly Aberdeen too. The rest are are clubs of fairly equal stature and quality with fairly even budgets.

Hamilton have the disadvantage of no top flight experence to draw on.

Brewsters signings always seem good. As a club, we rarely make poor signings. Liam Fox perhaps but most do a good job. Brewster has brought into the team, players like Vigurs, Duff and Wood and gave Black his 1st real run in the team when he 1st got the job.

The main problem is we lack the flair of old. This infuriates the fans who want the attacking passing game. Our team is a workmanlike team at times. And then Craig pee's people off with what seems to be unexplicable subs and weird wide play. If it worked he'd be a genious. Sadly it often doesnt.

I think the only teams who could probably be guaranteed safety outside the OF are Dundee Utd and the Edinburgh two. Possibly Aberdeen too. The rest are are clubs of fairly equal stature and quality with fairly even budgets.

Brewsters signings always seem good. As a club, we rarely make poor signings. Liam Fox perhaps but most do a good job. Brewster has brought into the team, players like Vigurs, Duff and Wood and gave Black his 1st real run in the team when he 1st got the job.

The main problem is we lack the flair of old. This infuriates the fans who want the attacking passing game. Our team is a workmanlike team at times. And then Craig pee's people off with what seems to be unexplicable subs and weird wide play. If it worked he'd be a genious. Sadly it often doesnt.

Just out of interest, why do you think United are moe likely to stay up then Aberdeen.

:rotflmao:

I have taken the stats of the following teams: ICT, St Mirren, Falkirk and Kilmarnock from the beginning of 2008. Not the beginning of the season as I may as well post the current SPL table. In the intrests of fairness I did not include Hamilton as they were in a different league at the start of 2008.

Link

I have not yet updated the table to show last weeks results.

In the intrests of fairness you shouldn't include Gretna either, but that'll just make it look even worse.

Just out of interest, why do you think United are moe likely to stay up then Aberdeen.

Eh because Dundee Utd were fourth last term, got to the CIS cup final and are currently sitting pretty in 3rd. I'd be very suprised, if under levein, they get dragged into the bottom 6 never mind a relegation battle. Aberdeen on the other hand are much like ourselves and cant buy a home win and are inconsistant away from home so far but should stay up going on past evidence and squad quality.