Caledonian v Clachnacuddin 1949 QCF(N)

Tichy_Blacks_Back

Scottish Qualifying Cup Final (North) - Caledonian v Clachnacuddin 1949

Source: Scottish Screen Archive.

Description: Footage of the 1949 Scottish Qualifying Cup (North), Caledonian Football Club versus Clachnacuddin. Shots of play and spectators in Telford Park, and the Caledonian Captain accepting the Qualifying Cup.

Shotlist: ocs Caledonian v Clachnacuddin Telford St Park Saturday 5th Nov 1949 (0.19) shot of street scene; two policemen watch crowds as they walk towards the park; shot of Caledonian F.C. gates (0.44) c/u Highland League Championship flag; pan over supporters (1.17) Caledonian players run onto field, brief shots practice (1.49) Clachnacuddin players run on (2.15) kick off; gvs play intercut with spectators (2.39) [shot from goal line] Caledonian score; shots of boys waving their scarves; shots of crowds applauding (3.08) gvs play, possibly including second Caledonian goal, intercut with crowd shots Caledonian 3 Clachnacuddin 0 (8.46) crowds rush onto park; Caledonian player no. 8 is awarded a silver trophy, rest of the team receive small boxes (medals?); shot of Captain and official with trophy (9.59)

Hopefully you can get it to play....maybe somebody was there....

Aye Bannerman is always raving about getting the afternoon off school and what a great game it was.

Actually I'm sure somebody posted this maybe a year back. I see what somebody meant the other day when they said the old Caley stand was much bigger.

Edited by The Mantis

Aye Bannerman is always raving about getting the afternoon off school and what a great game it was.

Actually I'm sure somebody posted this maybe a year back. I see what somebody meant the other day when they said the old Caley stand was much bigger.

That was me on the far touchline with the horn rimmed glasses and the Brylcreem. Good to see the old distillery at what was known as the Distillery End before it was called the Comet End. (On which subject, I wonder how Immortal Lidl Ender is doing?!)

That is an excellent clip, shame it had no sound.

To be honest, without soundijng chauvinistic, i was surprised at the amount of Women at this game.

I though woman at the football was a newish phenomenon, apaprt from the odd couple, here and there.