ICT REJECT BREWSTER BIDS !

Dargo20

BBC SCOTLAND

Inverness reject Brewster's bids

David Proctor is one of the players Inverness aim to keep at the club

Inverness Caledonian Thistle have rejected undisclosed bids for midfielders Ian Black and David Proctor made by Dundee United over the weekend.

The pair are wanted by former Caley Thistle player-manager Craig Brewster, now rebuilding at Tannadice.

But Inverness director of football Graeme Bennett had already warned that any bids would be unwelcome from their Scottish Premier League rivals.

Me too Scotty. If it was any other club offering, I think we'd be being a lot more approachable over any possible transfer moves.

It's good to see Grassa telling them where to go mind :021:

I can't see any players going on the cheap, it's not like we desperately need the money is it. So until Utd meet whatever figures Grassa and CC have in mind, then Blackie etc will be staying put.

Personally I don't want to see any players move on, esp Blackie(who could do a whole lot better than that shower of underachieving *****). Then again, it'd be nice to see Keogh come up against him next season :001:

Presumably the nature of the recent discussion with Brew was that ICT would be prepared to sell Black and Proctor to Utd if the price was right - but that we would not sell other targets like Dods, hence no bid for him.

Our rejection of the initial bids is just part of the process.

Guest Bonzo

We are in a strong position and do not have to sell any player for an unrealistic price.

This is true whether it's to Dundee Utd or any other side.

I reckon £500,000 for Proctor and £2,800,000 for Black would be quite reasonable

I reckon £500,000 for Proctor and £2,800,000 for Black would be quite reasonable

Very..... very..... unlikely not even OF players go for that sort of spondulas

Delighted Grassa has made his stand and told Brew where to go.... but this is only the first offer i'm sure the grocer will make more cash available!

If we are looking to pay 50k for Rankin then we could hold out for 100k for Proctor IMO

Presumably the nature of the recent discussion with Brew was that ICT would be prepared to sell Black and Proctor to Utd if the price was right - but that we would not sell other targets like Dods, hence no bid for him.

Our rejection of the initial bids is just part of the process.

Very true Yngwie, this was seemingly one of the things discussed at the meeting.

If Brew doesn't shut up in his Largs base with Charlie, Malky MacKay etc we should start the reverse psychology speculating on Dundee United players joining ICT. A chance for the Inverness Courier to start a counter rumour.

Barry Robson anyone? Come to think of it there's no one there good enough to get into our first team.

In an effort to boost slow-moving season ticket sales, Dundee United chairman Eddie Thompson has personally written to every registered Tannadice supporter (writes John Brown).

“That’s why it is not unreasonable to expect Dundee United to finish in the top six.”

Eddie has put around £4 million into the club since acquiring his 82 per cent. stake from former chairman Jim McLean, and failure to get into the top six last term cost United upwards of £500,000.

Speaking from Spain today, where he is enjoying a few days’ break, he said, “I never expected my investment to yield any dividend, but I did expect results on the pitch — and that hasn’t happened.

“Rightly or wrongly, I stood by previous managers.

“These managers brought in established players, but those players did not perform for us, for whatever reason.”

Several players, including David Fernandez, Derek McInnes, Grant Brebner and Jim McIntyre, have been told they are surplus to requirements at Tannadice, and the chairman insists they won’t be leaving with a big pay-off.

Clearly Dundee United is a club going places. Clearly Brew could be going places!!!

Guest Murchie1

Radio Scotland reported this morning that Bennet informed DUFC that it was a NO in relation to Black - but that offers would be considered for Proctor.

I really don't think that we should be seen as being overly keen to sell promising young player - I rate Proctor very highly.

IMHO Proctor is nowhere near Tokes or Caff so he is 3rd in line for RB. Let's not forget he has limited first team experience so if we could get £30k - £40k we would be doing very well thank you. Black is also very inexperienced at this level and I think it is well known that he has ideas of being elsewhere for better money. If he wants to follow his mentor well so be it and I suppose £50k - £60k would be reasonable money. If we are to sell them, I think Grassa would be doing very well to get £80k - £100k top whack for them both. Rankine from the travellers for £60k -£70k to replace Black and that would be a good bit of business tucking away a bit cash for better wages when needed.

Black is also very inexperienced at this level....... Rankine from the travellers for £60k -£70k to replace Black and that would be a good bit of business tucking away a bit cash for better wages when needed.

And Rankin does have experience?????? No reason why the tinks midget should cost more than our midget :015: :015: :015:

Guest Bonzo

Very..... very..... unlikely not even OF players go for that sort of spondulas

Harry, I always thought that was because Old Firm players are sh%t?

Proctor and Black are two young players of real quality who show tremendous promise for the future.