ICT REJECT BREWSTER BIDS !

Dargo20

I reckon £500,000 for Proctor and £2,800,000 for Black would be quite reasonable

Very..... very..... unlikely not even OF players go for that sort of spondulas

Harry, I always thought that was because Old Firm players are sh%t?

Proctor and Black are two young players of real quality who show tremendous promise for the future.

are you fishing?? :006:

what players of similar calibre have been sold at that value recently... I can only think O'Connor who has proved himself over 3 seperate seasons and not just shown promise after 1!

Your dreaming if you think we'll get anything like that for either of them!

Guest Bonzo

On drugs!!?

I'll be speaking to my lawyer in the morning.

Course I'm joking -

but I'm serious when I get annoyed about people using phrases like "even the Old Firm" as if they play in a different league from us.

And seriously we should be looking for decent money for Proctor and Black. They are both very promising young players.

I agree with Bonzo !!! maybe not with the valuation figure, but certainly with the concept that both Black and Proctor are very promising youngsters and as such should have a decent value attached to them .... The evil twins might want to continue buying in over the hill waning 'stars' but other teams need to develop youth and If we were to let either go, then we should be looking for a decent figure and some 'future' fees if they were to achieve certain milestones like full international call-ups etc

Between Grassa and CC, I think we are in good hands in moulding the team for next season by trying to keep those we 'must' keep like "the Machine", and acquiring new talent like the rumoured approaches for Hoolahan and Rankin .... In the words of someone else .... I BELIEVE that CC and GB will not let us down :003:

Black and Proctor are very promising youngsters and as such should have a decent value attached to them

Depends what you class as a decent value... also need to find a club that has the cash to equal the high evaluations

Personally I'd like to keep a hold of both players but 100k for Proctor would be hard to refuse IMO considering we have Tokely, Caff and Parratt all in that position

I think Black could be worth a lot more money but no-one is going to pay big bucks for a player that has only showed potential after 1 season... if he develops again next season and scores a few more goals then we could be talking Bonzo prices!! :001:

Guest Benchy

There will be uproar in Dundee if United sign both players for more than say £100k in total at the very most.

Benchy - have you not realised yet that nobody here gives a feck what you think the players are worth?

If United want the players then they will have to pay the asking price - it's as simple as that.

100k for Proctor would be hard to refuse IMO
If we were offered 100k for Proctor we should get the cheque into the bank and cashed ASAP as that is probably way more than we would expect at this stage ..... 100k for Black perhaps, maybe 50k for Proctor, but if those deals were done then there should also be sell-on clauses and 'future fees' as i mentioned above ...

Personally, I would like to see both remain at the club and for us to tell DUFC to get lost as they are both players that are first team material. We may have Tokely, Caff, Parratt available for the right side, but what happens if say Tokely gets injured and Caff has to play in central defence because Granty is off-form ... that leaves us with the untried Parratt for RB and no cover .... whereas we know that Proctor can do it. Also, the midfield with a Black / Keogh combination sounds quite interesting.

I am sure there are more twists and turns to come before the season starts, but I have faith in CC & GB to get it right.

There will be uproar in Dundee if United sign both players for more than say £100k in total at the very most.

Colin Samuel anyone? Didn't Yinited pay 100k for him based on one game - that famous one v Hearts that made him.

We may have Tokely, Caff, Parratt available for the right side, but what happens if say Tokely gets injured and Caff has to play in central defence because Granty is off-form ... that leaves us with the untried Parratt for RB and no cover

I don't know why everyone keeps referring to Proctor only as a right back imo he is our second best right winger after Wilson and who knows whether he'll last another full season aswell as being an accomplished right back. Proctor was even playing reguarly there untill he was injured.

We need to bare in mind that Black contract expires next summer.

If we are to keep him we need to get him to sign a contract extension ASAP otherwise we''ll only get a fraction of what he 'may' be worth in compensation

Guest Bonzo

Well spotted CaleyFish.

Proctor can play in a variety of positions, and I agree he's at his best on the right wing.

He can play right back, right wing, centre back or central midfield.

That's four £50,000 players rolled into one - so the Arabs can pay £200,000 at least if they want him!