Contracts (Merged)

davieB

Do you think the board have an input, at all, to the onfield situation.

Most jobs have the manager answering to the Board on a regular basis and more regular if things are not going right.

How can he defend his tactics on an ongoing basis to them, if, on here, we can discuss areas we are disappointed with?

I realise that in training lots of things become known that we are not privy to, laziness, lack of stamina, nigglie injuries and these can all affect selection, subs etc BUT not most weeks!

I also no longer accept that he is a young manager, he has been round the block and the previous managerial moves are like car crashes, they should have made him more aware and matured him quickly. This does not, by his utterances, appear to be the case.

I wonder if he should be under more pressure or is it too much pressure that is making him have less flamboyant selections, at home.

The Board must give direction and quickly!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, Alex. I can't see Aberdeen conducting contract negotiations with, for instance, Zander Diamond the way we have with Black and Cowie. Plus the fact that it's the same every year. We never seem to learn, and in consequence have lost a lot of players who could have been very vaulable to us in the long run.

*Second Offer to Black*

Interesting paragraph in there about MacKay apparently touting Blacks services to other clubs.

Reliably informed there was NO offer in January, it was nearer NOVEMBER, and as for the agent touting his names to other clubs,? is this not his JOB, seems someone knows what they are doing, even when it means to the detrement of our team, sounds to me as if Grassa or who ever is once again trying to cover their F*** Up. Back to what I have been saying, Blackie has said he WANTS to stay, so are we pulling out all the stops? Not F***** likely, we have blown it, Cowie well he said he would speak in January, we are almost there now, I think we all know we will loose them unless something is done PRONTO.

Interesting paragraph in there about MacKay apparently touting Blacks services to other clubs.

Reliably informed there was NO offer in January, it was nearer NOVEMBER, and as for the agent touting his names to other clubs,? is this not his JOB, seems someone knows what they are doing, even when it means to the detrement of our team, sounds to me as if Grassa or who ever is once again trying to cover their F*** Up. Back to what I have been saying, Blackie has said he WANTS to stay, so are we pulling out all the stops? Not F***** likely, we have blown it, Cowie well he said he would speak in January, we are almost there now, I think we all know we will loose them unless something is done PRONTO.

TM4TJ is not gonna be very happy with you !! :rotflmao:

see here

:thumb04: :018:

Edited by RednBlackComeback

Guest Spectre

The club cannot force players to sign contract extensions.

Players and their agents are not fools, they know that their negotiating position is much stronger if they have the prospect of other offers.

As I am sure we are near the bottom of the pile in terms of SPL wages (and unavoidably so) 'good' players like Black and Cowie who are likely to be in demand have virtually no reason to sign an early contract extension.

TM4TJ is not gonna be very happy with you !! :018:

see here

:rotflmao: :thumb04:

just add him to the list