Contracts (Merged)

davieB

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it Grassa's fault? Is there a problem at the club whereby there may not be funds to support new contracts? Is Flybe still in a position to continue their support? The reduction in support certainly isnt helping fund the club. Even matchday hospitality is down, hence the cut price offers for all bar the bigger games. Credit crunch may just be a big stumbling block in all of this.

Walter Smith has been told he must cut the wage bill. He can do that by offloading two or three high earners and bringing in someone like Cowie. We cant make reductions. Can we afford increases?

My thinking in this comes from the imminent demise of household names like MFI, B&Q, Woolworths etc. If they are struggling to survive then what chance a football team. Also, for the first time ever Celtic see the need to advertise half season tickets. A club that a few years ago had a waiting list for full season ones.

Edited by Alex MacLeod

Is it Grassa's fault? Is there a problem at the club whereby there may not be funds to support new contracts? Is Flybe still in a position to continue their support? The reduction in support certainly isnt helping fund the club. Even matchday hospitality is down, hence the cut price offers for all bar the bigger games. Credit crunch may just be a big stumbling block in all of this.

Walter Smith has been told he must cut the wage bill. He can do that by offloading two or three high earners and bringing in someone like Cowie. We cant make reductions. Can we afford increases?

The fact is, it has to be someones fault. We are told that Brewster has nothing to do with the contract negotiations, and that is what Bennet does. Now if you're talking about trimming the wage budget, if Bennet is not organising a contract for one of our most valuable players, what exactly is he doing to justify the wage he is picking up?

Contracts should be handed over when current contracts have 1 year left

My thinking in this comes from the imminent demise of household names like MFI, B&Q, Woolworths etc. If they are struggling to survive then what chance a football team. Also, for the first time ever Celtic see the need to advertise half season tickets. A club that a few years ago had a waiting list for full season ones.

quite possibly Alex but do you not think that Black etc should have been spoken to long before the credit crunch was even on the horizion.

It's possible that the money isn't there, in which case Black should have been transfer listed in order to generate income before the season started. Or maybe it's not the clubs fault but ours ....... if more fans went to the games there would be more income to offset wages. It is quite likely that the club has been caught in a catch 22 situation.

It's possible that the money isn't there, in which case Black should have been transfer listed in order to generate income before the season started. Or maybe it's not the clubs fault but ours ....... if more fans went to the games there would be more income to offset wages. It is quite likely that the club has been caught in a catch 22 situation.

I refuse to believe that we do not have enough cash to be able to offer Black a new and improved contract. Bennet is picking up nigh on a grand a week, and for what? If it was a straight choice between keeping a do-nothing DoF or one of our best players, then Bennet would be out the door faster than you could say "You're fired!"

I refuse to believe that we do not have enough cash to be able to offer Black a new and improved contract. Bennet is picking up nigh on a grand a week, and for what? If it was a straight choice between keeping a do-nothing DoF or one of our best players, then Bennet would be out the door faster than you could say "You're fired!"

Other than accusations and hearsay what evudence is there that Grassa isn't worth his wage?

:rotflmao:

Black quoted in Tuesdays Courier as saying:

"My agent hasn't heard anything from the club, so all I'm doing is concentrating on playing football," said the Edinburgh-born player who has made over 120 appearances for Inverness. "I don't think I've let it affect my performances and I'm sure that if I keep up my consistency then everything will be fine."

Just what exactly is Bennet doing?! :rotflmao:

Unbelievable. On the 1st of January, Balckie will be able to speak to other clubs with a view to leaving for free in the summer. Will someone else make him an offer before we do?

To those suggesting that a lack of finances may be the stumbling block - Ian Black, in the from that he's currently showing, is one of biggest financial assets the club has. To risk losing him for nothing makes no financial or footballing sense.

What the **** is going on?

"My agent hasn't heard anything from the club, so all I'm doing is concentrating on playing football," said the Edinburgh-born player who has made over 120 appearances for Inverness. "I don't think I've let it affect my performances and I'm sure that if I keep up my consistency then everything will be fine."

Unbelievable. On the 1st of January, Balckie will be able to speak to other clubs with a view to leaving for free in the summer. Will someone else make him an offer before we do?

To those suggesting that a lack of finances may be the stumbling block - Ian Black, in the from that he's currently showing, is one of biggest financial assets the club has. To risk losing him for nothing makes no financial or footballing sense.

Brewster knows what he's doing.

:thumb04:

Other than accusations and hearsay what evudence is there that Grassa isn't worth his wage?

He hasn't organised a new contract for one of our most valuable players? Surely if lack of money was the issue, get him on a new contract and Blacks value soars... It's not rocket science.

Our DoF is involved in the recruiting the players that Brewster has identified as targets, and renewing the contracts of players currently playing for us. Think about this for a second. We are hardly inundated with players coming for trials or in talks with the club about joining permanently. Bennet has had very little to do on the player recruitment front so if he hasn't been renewing contracts, just what exactly has he been doing?

He hasn't organised a new contract for one of our most valuable players? Surely if lack of money was the issue, get him on a new contract and Blacks value soars... It's not rocket science.

Our DoF is involved in the recruiting the players that Brewster has identified as targets, and renewing the contracts of players currently playing for us [that Brewster has identified as targets]. Think about this for a second. We are hardly inundated with players coming for trials or in talks with the club about joining permanently. Bennet has had very little to do on the player recruitment front so if he hasn't been renewing contracts, just what exactly has he been doing?

Editted that for you.

I haven't been privvy to his contract, have you?

Our DoF is involved in the recruiting the players that Brewster has identified as targets, and renewing the contracts of players currently playing for us [that Brewster has identified as targets]. Think about this for a second. We are hardly inundated with players coming for trials or in talks with the club about joining permanently. Bennet has had very little to do on the player recruitment front so if he hasn't been renewing contracts, just what exactly has he been doing?

Editted that for you.

I haven't been privvy to his contract, have you?

While I don't like Brewster, I am prepared to credit him with some intelligence. He will already know he is an unpopular person amongst the ICT support and would not want to risk further embarrasment by letting arguably our best asset leave the club for nothing. The obvious fault in this scenario appears to be a fat cats laziness.

Guest bingobingo

Ian Black will not be in a hurry to sign partly due to his problems last year with brew and partly with his age

now that he is past the 23/24 year threshold he can do a bosman, in my opinion he would be a must sign even if it means we have to sacrify another wage, with Barrowman and Rooney on big money plus a signing on fee(allegedly) we have created a dangerous precedent and i reckon Blacky Cowie Fraser will be sitting to see what the club and others are prepared to pay.all 3 should have been made very good offers last year it would not surprise me (sadly) that the only one who might sign could be ikey.

black and cowie are both being coveted by hibs according to their fans websites with blacky also linked with hearts whom his dad used to play for

The thing with Blackie though is that he's made no secret of how much he likes it up here, and I honestly believe if we offered him a decent contract (by our standards) then he'd sign. Obviously, like any footballer, he wants his career to progress to the highest level, and I've no doubt Blackie has the ability to do just that. At this moment in time though I think he's perfectly happy where he is, and the big move can wait until he builds his reputation some more. To suggest that tighter financial planning might be behind this is just madness, as we're in serious danger of losing our biggest asset for absolutely nothing.

Like I said before, I've no idea what happens during the contract process, but this is all starting to sound worryingly familiar.

Brewster knows what he's doing.

:thumb04:

I am not a Brew fan as everyone knows , however this time I dont believe the fault lies with him, though saying he knows what he is doing maybe pushing it just a tad too far, but back to basics, the fault lies with Bennet, and has been said previously, he has failed misserably either way, 1. we should have had Blackie tied up long ago, lets face it , we need him he is an asset, 2. or we should be getting money for him, either way Bennet has f***** up, and that is plain for everyone to see. So can anyone tell me where we go from here as we look to be loosing all the key players who are the neucleaus of the team? (spell check not working)

Where is the proof that DoF is to blame?

It would be great to have Ian Black on a long term contract, but don't be so naive to think that the ICT board/management have not realised that as well. I am sure something will be happening in the background, they just have not got round to posting on the website or emailing everyone on this site yet.

It would be great to have Ian Black on a long term contract, but don't be so naive to think that the ICT board/management have not realised that as well. I am sure something will be happening in the background, they just have not got round to posting on the website or emailing everyone on this site yet.

Ok not pointing the finger at anyone but is this not a historical problem at ICT

I don't know stevico, I have no proof one way or the other, but this thread is heading down the other direction, with only accusations and no substance to back up the 'I hate brew and ict management' comments.

These historical theories are more like hysterical ones.

I don't know stevico, I have no proof one way or the other, but this thread is heading down the other direction, with only accusations and no substance to back up the 'I hate brew and ict management' comments.

These historical theories are more like hysterical ones.

ok mftj cant disagree with that

I have to agree IN PART, the board WILL have realised their mistake by now, BLACKIE< COWIE ....WILL....go in January and NOT at the end of the season, prospective clubs WILL put their offers in to take them away in January, and because we have F***** up YET again (Bennet), we will have to sell for a fraction of their worth, so where does this leave us then, dont tell me, I already know,oh and if it is not the DOF's fault then who's is it, he deals with the contracts, and if his strings are being pulled or reigned in, then dont we have a right to know.?

I have to agree IN PART, the board WILL have realised their mistake by now, BLACKIE< COWIE ....WILL....go in January and NOT at the end of the season, prospective clubs WILL put their offers in to take them away in January, and because we have F***** up YET again (Bennet), we will have to sell for a fraction of their worth, so where does this leave us then, dont tell me, I already know,oh and if it is not the DOF's fault then who's is it, he deals with the contracts, and if his strings are being pulled or reigned in, then dont we have a right to know.?

Gillian I hope you are wrong about them both going in Jan, but I have a horrible feeling you may be right , if this does happen it will be a disaster for the club, losing our 2 biggest assest for next to nothing

Gillian I hope you are wrong about them both going in Jan, but I have a horrible feeling you may be right , if this does happen it will be a disaster for the club, losing our 2 biggest assest for next to nothing

Stevico1, I am gutted, but the reality is this is what is going to happen, it is in their eyes the only way they can re coup some money, it is a joke and someone MUST be made to take responsibility, we need answers, they are two off our best players, and we do need them, their mistakes are no longer funny or acceptable, but what can we do, NOTHING, where will we be next season, certainly not in the league we are in at present, it beggars belief that they or should I say the board, because I know that even with the issues Brew and Blackie had Brew is no daft cookie, he knows what he has in these two players, and that he needs them, his hands are tied, and that in itself is sad, someone ANYONE needs to stand up and give answers, can I say, even if we dont like the answer, the answer would be better than the not knowing the reason at all, this is MY opinion, and I am not getting at anyone else.