Contracts (Merged)

davieB

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least Bennets pulled the finger out eventually... :rotflmao:

I'm not too worried, ICT have a habbit of putting a stupidly low offer out on the first deal of the cards. Remember how long it took Duncan to sign and how many revised offers were given to him?

Not sure what to make of Cowie not even wanting to talk until January though... There's a good chance he'll be off I think. If we were to lose both Black and Cowie, there would be a full scale riot.

I'm not too worried, ICT have a habbit of putting a stupidly low offer out on the first deal of the cards. Remember how long it took Duncan to sign and how many revised offers were given to him?

Not sure what to make of Cowie not even wanting to talk until January though... There's a good chance he'll be off I think. If we were to lose both Black and Cowie, there would be a full scale riot.

Finger should have been pulled out a long time ago, absolute disgrace the club will lose some of these players for a fraction of what they are worth in the Jan transfer window, when will they ever learn!!

Edited by stevico1

The BIG difference in this scenario is that Black & Cowie will actually be coveted by other clubs.

The players hold all the cards now. They just have to wait a few weeks and see what offers come there way. Certainly in the case of Black things might have been different if we'd offered him a long term contract in the summer. Too late now of course!!

Nothing we can do now other than to keep our fingers crossed. If we lose both of them we are in serious trouble.

Edited by kencar

The BIG difference in this scenario is that Black & Cowie will actually be coveted by other clubs.

The players hold all the cards now. They just have to wait a few weeks and see what offers come there way. Certainly in the case of Black things might have been different if we'd offered him a long term contract in the summer. Too late now of course!!

Nothing we can do now other than to keep our fingers crossed. If we lose both of them we are in serious trouble.

Yes serious trouble, we will probably never know if the contract talks had been held earlier would it have been possible to hold onto Black, maybe not. I think most have known for a couple of seasons that black was a big player for this club and with the potential to be a great player which he has now turned into. should the club have tied to tie him up to a long term deal then, probably yes just like they are trying to do with Vigurs now.

I really fear for us if we lose 1 of these players never mind the 2 of them.

Edited by stevico1

Yes serious trouble, we will probably never know if the contract talks had been held earlier would it have been possible to hold onto Black, maybe not. I think most have known for a couple of seasons that black was a big player for this club and with the potential to be a great player which he has now turned into. should the club have tied to tie him up to a long term deal then, probably yes just like they are trying to do with Vigurs now.

I really fear for us if we lose 1 of these players never mind the 2 of them.

the club have only themselves to blame if they lose these players. when are they going to learn that they cant muck players about, they are a spl team now, so they have to start acting like one.

you mentioned vigurs...they gonna have to offer him a decent deal if they want to hold onto him for any length of time, especially now it looks like they might lose blackie and cowie.

It really doesn't matter when the talks take place, it's the amount of money being offered that matters.

A club with 3,000 regular fans isn't really in a position to offer as much as anyone else in the SPL (except perhaps Hamilton) unless we live beyond our means (Livi, Gretna etc)

It really doesn't matter when the talks take place, it's the amount of money being offered that matters.

A club with 3,000 regular fans isn't really in a position to offer as much as anyone else in the SPL (except perhaps Hamilton) unless we live beyond our means (Livi, Gretna etc)

I disagree. There's a lot to be said for offering players a bit of security by ensuring they never have less than 12 months left on any contract.

IMO, ICT screwed up before last season when they neglected to look after existing key players whilst courting Niculae. Instead of learning from that they repeated the error again before this season when they seemed to be more interested in chasing Barrowman than sitting down to talk with key players.

If we lose Black, Cowie and to a lesser extent Fraser, it will be a HUGE blow to the club. Are these players really asking for so much that we cant accomodate it within our budget ? I guess we dont really know as the numbers arent public.

Re Cowie and DOF ''....and he has said that since the beginning of the season''

Reading this thread the DOF has done nothing over the contracts and has only wakened up to find 3 players out of contract and worse.....come Jan they can speak to other clubs!

What Tosh!!

You, the DOF, don't know the value of your assets but someone on here can alert you to them?

Can I suggest that Ian Black's value on the Balance Sheet, is related to him being tied up by the club and therefore a big financial hole in our asset column will appear if he goes, although I would assume that his value will already be written down by the accountants.

If Cowie was talked to at the start of the season, it will take more than the blowing of hot air on here, to make me believe that the other two were not also spoken to. Yes, I accept that Black has gone to the press but so would I if I wanted to tout myself round the football scene as a potential free agent.

Get rid of Bennett and use his ridiculous salary to keep the pair of them, pretty simple! Seriously though if we lose both then we will struggle big time, unless Brewster can find a couple of good bargains.

Seconded. :rotflmao:

Get rid of Bennett and use his ridiculous salary to keep the pair of them, pretty simple! Seriously though if we lose both then we will struggle big time, unless Brewster can find a couple of good bargains.

'Thirded'

What ridiculous salary is that then? Evidence please.

'Thirded'

Anything more than voluntary work would be ridiculous. Here to help :thumb04:

'Thirded'

Anything more than voluntary work would be ridiculous. Here to help :thumb04:

That's what he started as.

In an interview with Brew on BBC Sport, Charles Bannerman says that Ian Black was offered a new contract along with Cowie and Fraser at the start of the season. Brew says this is "old news".

In that context some of the recent quotes from Blackie have been a bit misleading. Maybe we should cut Bennet some slack over this. It sounds like he's trying to keep these players at the club.

In an interview with Brew on BBC Sport, Charles Bannerman says that Ian Black was offered a new contract along with Cowie and Fraser at the start of the season. Brew says this is "old news".

In that context some of the recent quotes from Blackie have been a bit misleading. Maybe we should cut Bennet some slack over this. It sounds like he's trying to keep these players at the club.

Old news??? it was the DOF that was talking about this in the P&J today, we have less than a month to the start of the transfer window this is urgent not old news