BNP List

gordyfromsneck

I dont need Wiki. See the fact is I'm of an age and an era where I take interest in a lot of things. I read a lot. Try Diamond in the Dust the biography of Ian Stuart. But thats beside the point. Fact is neither you or anyone else really knows me. What I do. What I have done. Where I've been etc. Dont make assumptions unless you know facts.

Oh! And this particular section is not a football board.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont need Wiki. See the fact is I'm of an age and an era where I take interest in a lot of things. I read a lot. Try Diamond in the Dust the biography of Ian Stuart. But thats beside the point. Fact is neither you or anyone else really knows me. What I do. What I have done. Where I've been etc. Dont make assumptions unless you know facts.

:rotflmao: :thumb04: :018:

:rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: How ironic is your post,perhaps you should follow your own advice ;) :lol:

• 10 months later...

Seems far from legitimate with recent court cases but can I point out that the BNP have a history of trawling forums, then hijacking them. Ever wondered why things like the BBC's Have Your Say etc have such right-wing view-points? It's a target they commonly use, so it can be best to ignore these subjects, lest a few individuals seize upon their opportunity to spout their hatred in the most inoffensive manner they can (their current tactic).

For once, Question Time will be worth watching this week.

It would be interesting..... If it goes ahead.

I think it should go ahead, will make good watching

I hope it does go ahead, but I fear the BBC will cave in to all the protests and threats of riots that could very well break out.

See here

For once, Question Time will be worth watching this week.

It would be interesting..... If it goes ahead.

I think it should go ahead, will make good watching

I hope it does go ahead, but I fear the BBC will cave in to all the protests and threats of riots that could very well break out.

See here

I think its too late to cancel now. I never even knew what day Question Time was on until today when i though "I want to watch this". If the put it the same time as Xfactor on a saturday i bet QT would get more viewers on this one occasion!

The reason I believe it needs to go ahead because I know with recent political happenings people will consider voting for them. They have come in and turned the policies to manipulate those who are peeved off with Britain. I say go ahead and let them show their true colours so those who were considering giving them a vote will realise that they should use it elsewhere.

My fear is that the power of oratory is very strong.

I watch QT each week and see good speakers making opposite points and getting loud applause ...from the same people in the audience!!

'I love Blair' loud applause. 'I hate Blair' loud applause. Same people? That is a problem.

If this guy gets that type of reception the British public will maybe fail to see the underlying problem with his party.

'I only vote for the Engerlish' said one member at interview. 'But it is the BNP' says the interviewer. 'Yes, that's for the Engerlish, see!' No Jocks, no Paddy's or Welsh in this guys Britain never mind the rest.

Tonight should show up the BNP for what they are but it depends on the strength of the speakers on the panel and I don't think Jack Straw would be my first choice to oppose a Cambridge educated orator with a hare brain.

Edited by absent friend

I'm sure its no coincidence that the BBC have included this week one panellist who is black and another who is a Muslim of Pakistani origin, thus giving Griffin more than enough rope to hang himself with. Which is what the BBC are hoping for, because despite their supposed political impartiality, they don't disguise their contempt for the BNP.

But unlike Baroness Warsi, at least Griffin was democratically elected!

If this guy gets that type of reception the British public will maybe fail to see the underlying problem with his party.

What concerns me about this situation with the BNP is how many people take their statements at face value and I am sure there will be plenty.

I very much hope that the other guests on tonight's show will seize this opportunity to show the viewing public exactly what kind of man Nick Griffin is. However, we mustn't forget that Nick Griffin is an educated man who may well try to tone down his views to appeal to a larger cross-section of the audience. I appreciate this is dangerous ground, but the problem is this - how can you be pro freedom of speech and democracy and then deny someone their say?

I very much hope that the other guests on tonight's show will seize this opportunity to show the viewing public exactly what kind of man Nick Griffin is. However, we mustn't forget that Nick Griffin is an educated man who may well try to tone down his views to appeal to a larger cross-section of the audience. I appreciate this is dangerous ground, but the problem is this - how can you be pro freedom of speech and democracy and then deny someone their say?

Shame that the Beeb couldn't have had someone like George Galloway on the panel tonight. He would have wiped the floor with Griffin...

Jack Straw comes across as soft spoken, insipid and innocuous.

Still.... the atmosphere outside the BBC studios seems to building up nicely!

Shame that the Beeb couldn't have had someone like George Galloway on the panel tonight. He would have wiped the floor with Griffin...

Apparently there was a internet campaign to get Galloway on tonight, but he won't share a stage with Griffin. :lol:

Apparently there was a internet campaign to get Galloway on tonight, but he won't share a stage with Griffin. :lol:

So he says here in his Daily Retardcolumn....

Strange that he claims he was Glasgow born and bred....

I was always under the impression he was from another retarded city in Scotland...

how can you be pro freedom of speech and democracy and then deny someone their say?

Being pro-free speech doesn't necessarily give you the right to appear on mainstream tv. If there's a high profile child rape next week, then I'm guessing, in amongst the condemnation, that there won't be a right to reply from Paedophiles United on The One Show.

I'm also a bit worried the panel isn't full of the best orators. Griffin, as usual, will answer the questions with more questions, e.g. when he's asked how he can justify using Churchill and the Spitfire as pro-fascist symbols (the mind boggles), he'll almost certainly turn it around to 'our' brave soldiers dying in foreign shores, with deflecting manouevres, such as, asking where he's stated he's a fascist. You struggle to engage them in conversation as they won't give their honest views. They are best ignored - especially since they are anti-free speech (although again, they won't admit it).

Apparently there was a internet campaign to get Galloway on tonight, but he won't share a stage with Griffin. ;)

But he's happy to dress up as a cat on Big Brother. Having some ego driven headbanger like Galloway on would only help to make Griffin look reasonable. I think the beeb have handled the matter well - whilst they are supposed to be impartial it is clear they severely limit any coverage of the BNP's views. However, they do recognise that in the interests of free speech they must give the BNP a voice and what better forum to do it than one where there are several others of differing political pursuasions to offer an alternative viewpoint.

Another point. Those who want to prevent the BNP having a voice are themselves being just as intolerant as they claim the BNP are being. People should be more mature - if the BNP are getting support at the ballot box you need to accept that that reflects the way others are thinking. If you think those views are wrong then you need to have dialogue with these people to understand why they hold those views so that you can argue against them. Suppression of free speech only leads to polarisation of views and a more intolerant society.

Griffin must be rubbing his hands with glee at the sight of these idiots getting dragged out of the BBC and all the free publicity his opponents are handing him.

Yesterday the BNP were being critisised for useing images of the war like Spitfires and Churchill and so on to promote themselves. Oh well at least you wont see that happening in football will you? Like clubs inviting soldiers onto there pitch or playing tunes like The Dambusters - will you???? ;)