BNP List

gordyfromsneck

Well that was all very interesting viewing. Straw was a bit better than I'd thought he'd be, and that American women on the end was alright as well. Turned out a bit like an episode of Springer at times mind and Griffin struck me as a horrible little man.

Edited by Renegade

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having just watched Question Time I thought the panel were a bunch of ill-mannered twits - just about every time Nick Griffin tried to have his say he was shouted down. The only panel member who dispayed any decorum was Bonnie Greer. I am not a supporter of the BNP but a number of points forwarded by Griffin were valid.

It also appeared that everyone in the audience were hand picked to disagree with BNP - too much of a coincidence that there appeared to be nobody pro BNP people in the audience...... it looked rigged to me.

The BNP were given the platform, they got the press hype and they got a mass audience but Griffen failed massively when the heat was on.I expected a far more polised performance with credible arguments and counters from him, but he came across inept and unconvincing,dont think many will be won over on that showing.Bonnie Greers withering dismissals of him and his fawning smiling acceptance left him looking pretty foolish IMO.

On that last point DAM there were people there from the BNP, could you not hear them clap (just a few but it was obvious).

I disagree. There were several times when Griffin spoke and nobody clapped. If BNP supporters were there they would have clapped everything he said. And if the audience was representative, there should have been one or two BNP supporters.

But just because he has odious views on race does not mean that all his views are odious. There were one or two fair minded members in the audience who clapped when he said something which they felt they could agree with him on. For me the dissapointing thing was that people were not prepared to give credit where credit was due. There were a couple of occasions where he said much the same as other but they were applauded and he wasn't.

I think the attitude displayed by others towards him played into his hands but he didn't have the arguments to exploit it.

Sorry DAM, but anyone who tries to hang the principles of racism on the back of popular political issues does not have ANY "valid" points to make.

So you don't think his point about illegal immigrants was valid then?

From Wikipedia :

Nick Griffin on illegal immigrants.

In an interview with the BBC on 8 July 2009, during a discussion on European immigration, he proposed that the EU should sink boats carrying illegal immigrants, to prevent them from entering Europe. Although the interviewer (BBC Correspondent Shirin Wheeler) implied that Griffin may have wished the EU to "murder people at sea", he quickly corrected her by saying "I didn't say anyone should be murdered at sea?I say boats should be sunk, they can throw them a life raft and they can go back to Libya" (a staging post for migrants from Egypt and sub-Saharan Africa)

From Wikipedia :

In an interview with the BBC on 8 July 2009, during a discussion on European immigration, he proposed that the EU should sink boats carrying illegal immigrants, to prevent them from entering Europe. Although the interviewer (BBC Correspondent Shirin Wheeler) implied that Griffin may have wished the EU to "murder people at sea", he quickly corrected her by saying "I didn't say anyone should be murdered at sea?I say boats should be sunk, they can throw them a life raft and they can go back to Libya" (a staging post for migrants from Egypt and sub-Saharan Africa)

I would not condone that attitude in any shape or form. I am only saying that Nick Griffin was correct in saying what millions of people (including non-whites) think but have not got the guts to air their views in public. This is the way I see it - there is a huge illegal immigrant problem especially in England and the main political parties have lost the plot on border controls. There is no place in Britain for Sharia Law. There is no place in Britain for honour killings. There is no place in Britain for Muslim women to be treated like sh!t just because they are viewed as inferior to their male counterparts etc, etc.

I think the issue with immigration should be about the economy and not race (which is where Griffin is classed as racist). That is the biggest difference, he wants to stop immigrants because they aren't white not because it has any consequences on the economy. So yes address immigration but not because you are racist but because of resources.

Also his issue on gays and how they are creepy made me laugh. Yes lets start policies based on the fact it is creepy!

Edited by MrsICTFC

From Wikipedia :

I would not condone that attitude in any shape or form. I am only saying that Nick Griffin was correct in saying what millions of people (including non-whites) think but have not got the guts to air their views in public. This is the way I see it - there is a huge illegal immigrant problem especially in England and the main political parties have lost the plot on border controls. There is no place in Britain for Sharia Law. There is no place in Britain for honour killings. There is no place in Britain for Muslim women to be treated like sh!t just because they are viewed as inferior to their male counterparts etc, etc.

I suspect that Mr Griffin would approve of certain aspects of Sharia Law - Especially the imposition of the death penalty for practicing homosexuals.

I agree there is no place for so called "honour killings" There have been several convictions in this country for such deeds, and those convicted are generally sentenced to life imprisonment.

I don't think it is just muslim women in this country who are treated like sh1t because they are viewed as inferior to their male counterparts.

From Wikipedia :

I suspect that Mr Griffin would approve of certain aspects of Sharia Law - Especially the imposition of the death penalty for practicing homosexuals.

I agree there is no place for so called "honour killings" There have been several convictions in this country for such deeds, and those convicted are generally sentenced to life imprisonment.

I don't think it is just muslim women in this country who are treated like sh1t because they are viewed as inferior to their male counterparts.

I agree with your last statement but they are in the minority compared with Muslim women.

Shame that the Beeb couldn't have had someone like George Galloway on the panel tonight. He would have wiped the floor with Griffin...

Apparently there was a internet campaign to get Galloway on tonight, but he won't share a stage with Griffin. :)

But he's happy to dress up as a cat on Big Brother. Having some ego driven headbanger like Galloway on would only help to make Griffin look reasonable. I think the beeb have handled the matter well - whilst they are supposed to be impartial it is clear they severely limit any coverage of the BNP's views. However, they do recognise that in the interests of free speech they must give the BNP a voice and what better forum to do it than one where there are several others of differing political pursuasions to offer an alternative viewpoint.

Another point. Those who want to prevent the BNP having a voice are themselves being just as intolerant as they claim the BNP are being. People should be more mature - if the BNP are getting support at the ballot box you need to accept that that reflects the way others are thinking. If you think those views are wrong then you need to have dialogue with these people to understand why they hold those views so that you can argue against them. Suppression of free speech only leads to polarisation of views and a more intolerant society.

Griffin must be rubbing his hands with glee at the sight of these idiots getting dragged out of the BBC and all the free publicity his opponents are handing him.

I like George Galloway.

I was delighted the way the two black guys spoke their minds. The way they said what they needed to say was brilliant. Not many better sights than a racist, ****** getting it ripped into him! :fishing:

I agree with your last statement but they are in the minority compared with Muslim women.

I'd disagree with that - at least the religion part. It's far more a symptom of poverty and developing worlds. For instance, I detest the full covering in the UK, where there are more connotations of isolation from the rest of the population but in Egypt (where a fatwa recently declared it to be non-Islamic, just cultural), it's just a type of clothing and people interact freely. Also, places like Turkey and Pakistan have had women leaders, so it's more complex than that. Basically, show me an educated family in the UK or Egypt, and I'll probably be able to show you one that has ambition for their daughters. White, black or brown.

Go to some other Christian poverty-stricken developing nations and you'll find women treated badly (e.g. DR Congo, where rape in front of the mother/daughters is unbelievably common in a country where the MAJORITY have been abused). Hell, go back not too long ago in the UK, you'll find much the same thing (incredibly the book of King Arthur - la Morte d'Arthur - had a huge effect on the way England treated women).

As for applauding anything sensible Griffin has to say, Mussolini made the trains run on the time and Hitler revitalised the German economy. Should they be applauded as 'some-good-some-bad'? No, the repugnant ideology overtakes that.

Saw a women being interviewed in a street in Oldham or somewhere today and she said words to the effect of the she "used to be against the BNP, now I'm waivering"! Seriously unbelievable stuff. Shows the amount of crackpots there are in Britain as well, it's unreal.

I'm sure its no coincidence that the BBC have included this week one panellist who is black and another who is a Muslim of Pakistani origin, thus giving Griffin more than enough rope to hang himself with. Which is what the BBC are hoping for, because despite their supposed political impartiality, they don't disguise their contempt for the BNP.

But unlike Baroness Warsi, at least Griffin was democratically elected!

You called it before the event Yngwie. I was nieve enough to be seduced by Mark Thompson's defence of the decision to invite Griffin on grounds of political impartiality. In reality though, the vast majority of the show was used to hammer Griffin. He's clearly a horrible creep but i ended up feeling sorry for him at times.

In the aftermath of an election that saw one million British people vote for a fascist political party, i think we should take a collective deep breath and discuss the issues that have caused them to do so. As Chris Huhne pointed out, it has far more to do with public disconnection with mainstream politics than it has to do with race or even immigration

How many of the 943,598 (let's not credit them with any more than they got) probably didn't have any true grasp of who they were voting for?....they would have voted based on the fact that the BNP were pedalling the popular opinion on a couple of issues.

Unfortunately, every one of those 943,598 are now having their vote used to try and make it look like there's an increasing support for this fascist element.

How many of the 943,598 (let's not credit them with any more than they got) probably didn't have any true grasp of who they were voting for?....they would have voted based on the fact that the BNP were pedalling the popular opinion on a couple of issues.

Unfortunately, every one of those 943,598 are now having their vote used to try and make it look like there's an increasing support for this fascist element.

I agree, two of my friends and a relative voted for the BNP. One of these thinks the Tories and the conservatives is a different party B) one said she never even looked at parties 'just liked the idea of his policy on immigration' and the other followed the other friend. This will be apparent over the votes.

Credit to the BNP they have clung onto an issue that everyone is concerned about and managed to manipulate hundreds of thousands of naive voters. Now the BBC look like bullies and anti-facists look like a mob of lunatics. Great!

This has backfired big style on the BBC . Griffin has been the victim of bullying and he claims his party have had thousands of enquiries about membership as a result of his appearance on Question Time .

I hope the latter is not true.

Griffin isn't stupid he knew exactly what would be asked and if he is 100% sure on his policies then he shouldn't have cared what was said to him.

I not sure were barking up the wrong tree here, I watched the program, and usually I would not give politics or politicians the time of day, recently we have seen the true nature of quite a few of them from all parties with their bent claims for money, with the classic response the money will be paid back, does that make all Ok then?

How many of us would get away with making a bent claim on our house insurance if we were found out, for most of them I feel its a us and them culture.

I would not give Mr Griffin my vote after watching him, yes immigration is a problem in this country, but that aside the country needs running, im not sure where him or his party comes into that!!

Crux of the matter is why would people or why have people voted for his party, I think its because there is nowhere else to go, which of the other main parties are taking this problem seriously, whos listening to the oldinary man or womens concerns, at this moment in time you dare not mention it for fear of the PC brigade or being branded a racist.

Im also sure that doing nothing to quell peoples concerns will eventually give many a more racist attitude, being very honest what I see going on in the UK has given me a more hard line attitude to immagrant, and other issues, that can be dangerous for the wrong type.

I not sure were barking up the wrong tree here, I watched the program, and usually I would not give politics or politicians the time of day, recently we have seen the true nature of quite a few of them from all parties with their bent claims for money, with the classic response the money will be paid back, does that make all Ok then?

How many of us would get away with making a bent claim on our house insurance if we were found out, for most of them I feel its a us and them culture.

I would not give Mr Griffin my vote after watching him, yes immigration is a problem in this country, but that aside the country needs running, im not sure where him or his party comes into that!!

Crux of the matter is why would people or why have people voted for his party, I think its because there is nowhere else to go, which of the other main parties are taking this problem seriously, whos listening to the oldinary man or womens concerns, at this moment in time you dare not mention it for fear of the PC brigade or being branded a racist.

Im also sure that doing nothing to quell peoples concerns will eventually give many a more racist attitude, being very honest what I see going on in the UK has given me a more hard line attitude to immagrant, and other issues, that can be dangerous for the wrong type.

My sentiments exactly. The thing with a lot of people, especially in the north of Scotland, is that they have no experience of the problems further south. I have lived amongst it. Make no mistake...we live a sheltered life up here.