''i know'' postings

absent friend

Perhaps some of you will recognise the following generalised statements from this boards offerings, the content being very common on here ? ''that i know?? ''unrest in the dressing room?? ''lost the players?? ?? majority want Brewster out?? ??have not discussed contract terms with.....?? ''The fact is he is now strangeling the club, holding us back if you like??. etc, etc.

If it is said often enough, not only will others believe it, the poster will also believe it too!

I do accept that Inverness is a small place and players (and it would appear, the Board)are on friendly terms, in some cases, with posters but I do wonder can this always be the case for the .. 'i know' .. postings or is this being used to try and substantiate a point which would otherwise carry little weight!

I realise that in Scotty's case he is 'in the know' possible at both player and board level but is gagged, to a certain extent, as it may be 'privileged' info.

Perhaps some of you will recognise the following generalised statements from this boards offerings, the content being very common on here ? ''that i know?? ''unrest in the dressing room?? ''lost the players?? ?? majority want Brewster out?? ??have not discussed contract terms with.....?? ''The fact is he is now strangeling the club, holding us back if you like??. etc, etc.

If it is said often enough, not only will others believe it, the poster will also believe it too!

I do accept that Inverness is a small place and players (and it would appear, the Board)are on friendly terms, in some cases, with posters but I do wonder can this always be the case for the .. 'i know' .. postings or is this being used to try and substantiate a point which would otherwise carry little weight!

I realise that in Scotty's case he is 'in the know' possible at both player and board level but is gagged, to a certain extent, as it may be 'privileged' info.

It doesn't matter a jot to me if you believe it or not - If you don't like it, then by all means continue to bury your head in the sand. :rotflmao:

It doesn't matter a jot to me if you believe it or not - If you don't like it, then by all means continue to bury your head in the sand. :rotflmao:

I have a problem with the highlighted areas!

I don't understand when you refer to 'IT' and it would also appear than my head is in the sand, regarding what exactly?

I am sometimes as clueless as everyone else ...... although it is fair to say that some information I am given is best described as "background" info not for publication and if someone says that to me, I tend to respect their request.

I don't understand when you refer to 'IT' and it would also appear than my head is in the sand, regarding what exactly?

I refer to "it" as the existance of the problems you have cited in your original post. You have your head in the sand regarding the existance of problems at the club. Hope that helps :rotflmao:

Edited by Jay_7

I refer to "it" as the existance of the problems you have cited in your original post. You have your head in the sand regarding the existance of problems at the club. Hope that helps :thumb04:

Lets stop this folly. Everything is rosy at the club from boardroom to manager to players and league. For I know it :018: :rotflmao:

You don't have to be "in the know" to realise there's big problems at ICT and even bigger ones coming if things don't change. All you need is the ability to look around you at the information and facts that are in the public domain. The conclusions reached by some might not be accurate, but there's little doubting that things aren't as they should be and that everyone who should be working for the benefit of the club is not necessarily doing that. People can draw their own conclusions as to whether that is through negligence/bad practice, personal interest or some other reason....but it all adds up to the same thing at the end of the day....and that is the fact that ICT is suffering as a result.

I refer to "it" as the existence of the problems you have cited in your original post. You have your head in the sand regarding the existence of problems at the club. Hope that helps :rotflmao:

As can be seen from the heading, it is the use of 'i know' by posters that then give greater credence to their posting, that I am referring to and I do not in any way pass judgment on the content of the posting in which they were used!! I would also bring to your attention that the 'i know' extracts I used were from varied subjects and I would suppose that most people on here would have differing views dependent on the subject matter! As can be seen from my reply to CaleyD below, I concur with his point that there are many things wrong at the club.

Sorry' I still don't understand 'it' or 'sand'!!

You don't have to be "in the know" to realise there's big problems at ICT and even bigger ones coming if things don't change. All you need is the ability to look around you at the information and facts that are in the public domain. The conclusions reached by some might not be accurate, but there's little doubting that things aren't as they should be and that everyone who should be working for the benefit of the club is not necessarily doing that. People can draw their own conclusions as to whether that is through negligence/bad practice, personal interest or some other reason....but it all adds up to the same thing at the end of the day....and that is the fact that ICT is suffering as a result.

I could not agree more!!

That does not take away from my point raised!

I think a lot of the poster who have been around the site for many years are able to identify posters who are genuinely "in the know" from those passing on info which came from Uncle Bobs third cousins next door neighbours daughters postman, and even some of those who might think they are "in the know" who have got info from someone close to the club could just be passing on spin....or as has been the case in the past, have come blurting info because the "source" knows they'll come straight back with it and have fed them a line for a laugh.

That's why the BB could and should help improve things. As well as a means for fans to ask questions directly to the club it's an opportunity for the club, if they use it right, to correct misinformation by communicating properly with the fans. Some people are still a little sceptical of the BB, probably on both sides, but hopefully as it builds people will learn to make best use of it and get most from it...fans and club.

I know that Inverness is a fairly small place and that people know people and some of those people may get some information from time to time. I also know the Heathmount is a warm friendly place where complete strangers chat to each other. I know there are people who frequent the Heathmount who are involved with the club and or are posters on here. I also know, and have wtnessed, that some people can position themselves such that they eavesdrop on conversations and pick up snippets that are then posted on here as 'I'm in the clique' type facts.

I was talking to a guy in a pub in South London last night and he knows that the players know that the board has lost confidence in the groundsman and that the Brewster is going to become the new groundsman and that Tommy Cumming is going to replace Gordon Ramsey who's going to become our Joint Manager with Billy Dodds and purple monkey dishwasher