Caithness supporters

Guest caithnessgal

Guest caithnessgal

Does anyone know if there are any supporters from Caithness area?

I live there and would be interested to see if there are any other ICT season ticket holders from that area, and whether we can travel to the matches in a group.

The Francis Street club in Wick sponsor a game once a season and have a great day out, got in tow last time they were down, mind you what a joourney to get home when yer pyshed, hats off to them. :021:

Caley 100 .... the journey "up ee rodd" isn't that bad. It's about 107 miles from the Caley Stadium to Wick .... it's closer than Perth.... and if "ee rodd" is fairly quiet it can be done in a couple of hours. "Ee rodd" isn't all that bad either apart from The Ord and Berriedale, and much better than it used to be, for instance before the Kessock, Cromarty and Dornoch Bridges and the improvements at Dunbeath.

As someone who has joint Caithness and Inverness roots, although essentially an Invernessian, I'm delighted to hear that there's support in the far North for the Highlands' SPL club.

"Ee rodd" isn't all that bad either apart from The Ord and Berriedale....

BERRIEDALE!...Oh my God, I'm getting one of my turns now...NURSE!!...

Boy, do I remember this place....star-date 21/06/79....0415hrs....heading South from John O'Groats bound for Lands End on a 400cc Honda motorcycle.. approaching Berridale (at speed!!)....road 'disappears' from view and heads down big hill....o h m y G o d....this is it.....underpants fully tested (strong cotton in those days which was just as well)....managed to save it, just in time, before going over the barrier into the cemetary down below...

<Twitches nervously and heads for whisky bottle...>

Ok..back to the thread.....

bigmack.... I have to admit to having lived in Wick for my first 2 years although I was born in Inverness.

Gringo... I think even Berriedale may be better than it was way back in 79. And, switching to your preferred mode of transport, it's geographical features like Berriedale that force the railway line right inland on the last stage of its route North.

• 2 weeks later...

Gringo--I read your post with amusement and promptly mused....because I bought my wee business on 15 July 1979 and have been in it (not necessarily willingly, however, especially in the last few years) for nearly 27 years- at times it has been a wild ride just like your experience with fear and loathing intermixed with exhileration..ha!

Retirement is now a distinct possibility--any country houses in Berriedale up for sale I wonder.? Would have to have a helicopter pad, though, to assure a comfortable ride to the ICT stadium every other week... :002: