Petition update

youngy

You should be more feckin worried about 25% going to Lithuania.

Excellent, well thought out reply mate. I have my own individual issues with Hearts. THIS situation is about much, much more than Hearts. The very reason the blog for example is dressed in totally neutral colours is for that very fact.

At the end of the day (if you want to be picky about the situation) I could sit back like a lot of Hearts fans HAVE and say "We're not paying the 5%, so why should we care about the rest?". YOUR club IS paying the full 5% but for some reason you would rather have a cheap dig at a HEARTS fan who is trying to stand up for ALL the non Old Firm clubs!

Furthermore - since you seem really interested in Hearts finances - Hearts had a debt of ?32 million at the last AGM. We have been told that the sale of Craig Gordon will lessen that and then we had a further debt cut of ?12 million when the bank that owns us converted debt into shares (no huge deal to the average fan as they already owned 95% of the club and now own about 97% of it). AND Ukio Bankas managed to, not only make a profit in the last financial year, but managed to INCREASE their profit from the year before.

How many Scottish banks have made profits this year???

Your own club made a loss of ?400,000 last year and have now agreed to pay this 5% charge which in anybody's language will only weaken YOUR finances futher whilst at the same time slighlty STRENGTHEN the Old Firm's finances. And they both made huge PROFITS last year.

So, thanks for the advice mate, but I think I'll keep worrying about the 5% thing for a while eh?

Edited by youngy