ICT -V- Dundee Utd : matchday thread

Scotty

Just read Brewster's comments on Teletext, apparently the supporters are partly to blame for the defeat yesterday

The Terrors won 3-1 and Brewster feels home fans at the Caledonian Stadium let their anguish feed though to the team.

He said: "If we had scored the crowd would have got a lift. Instead United scored. Sometimes the disappointment from the crowd filters through to the players and they get a bit nervy."

oh well at least thats one problem he wont have to worry about if things carry on as they are there will be nobody there to let their anguish feed through

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did anyone notice Andy McNulty on the pitch warming up before the match?

I may be wrong but he's on loan at Elgin :rotflmao:

That's what I thought!

I saw a guy on the pitch with 29 printed on his three quater lenths on.

Just watched the highlights online, sannot believe how bad Proctor was.. jeez he was not at hte races, he was getting pulled all over the place and first 2 goals were him not picking up his man.

Makes Brews decision to put Duff to RB and leave Proc in the middle more frustrating.

The fans around me in the main stand weren't getting on the back of the players - we were getting on the back of Brewster!

The players look completely without direction at the moment, and while a number clearly aren't playing their best, the poor tactics and the continuous theme of playing players out of position are hardly aiding things.

How many times is he going to start with 1 up frontg but change it before the hour to try and salvage something from a lost cause. He makes the same mistake over and over. Why not start with 2 or 3 up front, get a goal up then change to 1 up in the second half. Or is that too simple?????

One thing I noticed from the highlights was Vigurs shouting at someone after Uniteds 2nd goal but when you see the replay from behind you see Conway run past a static Vigurs to latch onto Dalys knock down. Should Vigurs himself have been the one tracking him?

Vigurs could certainly have done a bit more. Whether that would have prevented the goal is another matter.

If, and I stress if, he should have been tracking / did track Conway back then surely under some pressure from an ICT player he wouldn't have been able to so easily turn and score as he did?

Vigurs could certainly have done a bit more. Whether that would have prevented the goal is another matter.

If, and I stress if, he should have been tracking / did track Conway back then surely under some pressure from an ICT player he wouldn't have been able to so easily turn and score as he did?

Saw that to, pretty sure it was directed at Protor for letting Conway turn on him so easily. As for whether Vigurs should have been tracking, yes he probably should have. May have come to the same conclusion but then again it might not have, we'll never know. Just worries me how much the players get p*ssed of with each other after losing a goal just now. Does nothing for the confidence getting a right going at by your team mate... I remember the days when a goal let in was the catalyst for the players to get that CMON! LETS GET THIS BACK! attitude. Now its a blame game!

Guest *Caley*

Usaul story for Brew - too little too late. He was ready to take on two players and they end up getting 6 minutes - what difference were they supposed to make in that time. About time Zander started to get a run out though.

Saw that to, pretty sure it was directed at Protor for letting Conway turn on him so easily. As for whether Vigurs should have been tracking, yes he probably should have. May have come to the same conclusion but then again it might not have, we'll never know. Just worries me how much the players get p*ssed of with each other after losing a goal just now. Does nothing for the confidence getting a right going at by your team mate... I remember the days when a goal let in was the catalyst for the players to get that CMON! LETS GET THIS BACK! attitude. Now its a blame game!

i noticed that both vigurs and black were within tracking distance of conway...i think they were passing him on to proctor..whether that was the correct thing to do i dont know, but i think vigurs was shouting at proc for letting conway turn him so easy. i think all three players mentioned could have done more to prevent the goal.

Edited by CaleyP

Stunned at the level of support for Imrie. I like him as a player but he has serious discipline problems. The reason he was hooked was because he had lost the plot and was in danger of being yellow or red carded. He was fairly (and easily) robbed a few times, and deliberately fouled his opponent. In recent games he has made decent runs down the wing but has also run out of ideas or steam when he gets there, the ball ending up out for a throw or goal kick.

A lack of discipline was CC's downfall, it may also be the end of CB.

did anyone notice Andy McNulty on the pitch warming up before the match?

I may be wrong but he's on loan at Elgin :rotflmao:

That's what I thought!

I saw a guy on the pitch with 29 printed on his three quater lenths on.

Maybe that's because it wasn't him. It was more like Kyle Allison filling in the goalie coach.