John Rankin

Fanoffooty

I remember throwing a hissy fit when we forced Rankin out of the club.

Bad management simple as that

For those who seem to hold a different view of his departure you should read this article

Rankin

It quotes Bennet saying the following....

"John Rankin was told a while ago that he could leave the club, but things have changed since then and he is now very much viewed as an asset,"

Rankin - attack minded left-sided midfielder. He does more defensive duties then you lose the attack side of his game. Beckham, Giggs, Waddle, Cooper etc weren't exactly known for their defensive mindedness. Obviously Rankin is nowhere near that good but then again, he's playing against Falkirk and Hamilton, not Madrid or Chelsea.

Delighted for Ranks today. I thought he had an excellent game. ICT definitely blew it letting him go as a lot of people felt at the time. Still it has been a good move for him as playing for Hibs is viewed as a superior option. Sadly we don't seem to have found anyone to fill the gap.

My point still stands but if you insist, leave Becks and swap Giggs, Cooper and Waddle for Strachan, Woan and Nakamura. In the team for their delivery, not their defensive duties. If Rankin had that sort of engine to get up'n'down and still be a provider then you'd have to add a zero on to his value.

I take it you're in a bad mood today given some of your replies?

No mate I'm in a great mood , another dismal performance at home resulting in yet another home defeat and then come on here to hear the same "we love Brewster" nonsense . Why would I be in a bad mood. :rotflmao:

To be honest I've never heard the hivs having a pop at him.

Edited by DALNEIGHCALEY

I used to go on the Scotsman's site a lot and there were a lot of Hibs fans wanting Rankin replaced by Lewis Stevenson due to his work rate. Yup, you get more work but less delivery. It's like blaming an orange for not being an apple.