The Brewster YES OR NO thread!

ICTodd

The Brewster YES OR NO thread!  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Should Brewster Go?

• Yes
    • No

I was once a REAL fan, attending every home and away game :thumb04: :rotflmao: banging my drums (ok, enough laughing) i think it was something like in TEN YEARS missing 2 home pre season friendly games :o and then the board pissed me off with some decisions and off i went, but having restored my faith, once again it has dropped too an all time low, now, no, i won't run away this time. (in fact can't make many games due too work) but i will support the team. The management and the board we can vent fury, but i believe the manager is not gaining the confidence of the players and i say simply shut up too those who say it's because of the lack of fan support.

The players have NO faith in the manager and i think that is very telling.

A knee-jerk reaction from the board probably won't come as they are all Mr Nice-Guys, we at ICT don't fire managers and you know i don't have a huge gripe with that, but you need too be strong or people will walk all over you and take what they can while they bring everything else crashing down on everyone else. :018:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:rotflmao: Another concern is the apparent alienation of some players who want to leave!

I do however, have a concern as to who we would be able to attract in his place given our location, table position and budget.

Can you expand on that statement? dont know of many players saying they want to leave, just in talks about their contracts, and alienation?

Agree with you, but only on budget issue, there are people with great desires to get into football management and will move to further their career.

:rotflmao: Another concern is the apparent alienation of some players who want to leave!

I do however, have a concern as to who we would be able to attract in his place given our location, table position and budget.

Can you expand on that statement? dont know of many players saying they want to leave, just in talks about their contracts, and alienation?

I was referring to the contract renewal situation where some players, who should be within our capability to retain, seem set to leave e.g. Cowie.

I deliberately used the word "apparent" as I have just heard it through the grapevine. I may be wrong, in fact I hope I am wrong, but time will tell.

Not often I bother to read, far less post on the message boards these days, but enough is enough. Time for a change.

It takes a major self motivational exercise to drag oneself into the ground on a Saturday. With the Dismals looming on Saturday who knows how we'll fare, but it's got to be a stick on away win. How I hope I'm wrong, even if it does paper over the cracks for a few weeks.

Mr Brewster proved his (lack of) management credentials, in my opinion, at Tannadice. He should not have had the opportunity to return and if not moved on soon, will ruin the hard work of a huge number of people during the last 14 years.

Tough times require tough decisions.

im sorry but he has to go and more importantly right now. He can't be allowed to cost us any more games as he is incapable of managing at this level and it would give our new manager time to assess the squad and see what positions need to be altered in january.

Brewster must go

Since when did it become about proving that you are right?

Just how much experience does he need to prove that he can't do a f*cking thing? He's had nigh on 3 years now and in that time, the only measurable success has come from his playing days.

You're basing this on what exactly? We have been consistently poor this season, any other manager with an ounce of ability would be able to at least acheive inconsitency...

That's exactly what you've just said by suggesting that they be shown the door. As I've said before, if I have a sh*te boss, I won't be performing for him to make him look good. Everyone should pull in the same direction, but in this case Brewster appears to be the one steering in the opposite direction.

Not proving me right, convincing me that brewster is a good manager and that my opinion of him was realistic. I'm close to switching sides.

Measurable success? In the sense that he has improved the squad with little or no transfer budget, and we had a relatively good last season only soured by the last few results. This one hasn't been quite so good so far, admittedly, but theres still time to turn it around, under brewtser or not.

It seems to me that you are a sh*te worker then. The players should be playing for the club and the fans. Its no their fault that Brewster is being held responsible is what i meant.

It seems to me that you are a sh*te worker then. The players should be playing for the club and the fans. Its no their fault that Brewster is being held responsible is what i meant.

You've clearly never been in the same position as myself then. I can look at it from the players point of view (although not obviously as a professional footballer).

FWIW, I know I'm damn good at my job - but if I have a manager who doesn't know what their doing, blames it on me when it all goes wrong, but is quick enough to take the credit when things go well then I suddenly don't feel like working as hard as I perhaps should.

Edited by Jay_7

FWIW, I know I'm damn good at my job - but if I have a manager who doesn't know what their doing, blames it on me when it all goes wrong, but is quick enough to take the credit when things go well then I suddenly don't feel like working as hard as I perhaps should.

Sums it up perfectly for me :rotflmao:

On a purely personal level I've not felt so disenchanted with the club since 1994.

It appears blatantly obvious that Brewster is slowly but surely draining the life out of the club. The team spirit and cohesion which got us through the divisions and helped establish us as a credible SPL side appears to be in tatters. I have grave concerns that we may go down and fear this could well herald the start of a terminal decline of the club.

Brewster's man mangement skills appear to be non existent. I lost confidence in the guy over his handling of the Rankin debacle and since then we've lurched from one self inflicted public relations gaffe to another. Parkie, Denzil, Marius, Barry Wilson....the list goes on and on.

Tactically we seem to be all over the shop and some of the display's I've witnessed this season have been as poor as anything I can ever recall.

Meanwhile Sutherland's anonymous puppet regime sit back and await their latest instruction from their master. The deafening silence from the Chairman, Chief Executive, Director of Football et al simply beggars belief in the current climate.

I can only speak for myself but I feel very little urge to make the considerable effort and financial outlay involved in following the club around the country whilst Brewster continues in his current role.

The opinions aired on this messageboard often drive me nuts but surely the massive groundswell of opinion on numerous related threads cannot be ignored indefinitely by Sutherland and his cronies.

Sums it up perfectly for me :rotflmao:

If, as a player, your damn good at your job, taking the hard earned money off people who can ill afford it through the gate receipts, who have traveled countless miles to see you perform - not bothering your a@se - then you are very very guilty!!

The players, if you are correct, need to get a reality check - this is 2008/2009 - no-one has the right to a job and if you have one, you had better perform to your best, irrespective of managerial politics. If they are not bothering to put in a shift, move them on! So much for the players!

As stated before, I have a problem with this whole black and white thing! Players need a punt up the rear, the board needs a punt up the rear and our manager needs.....to improve!

Brew out!! .... Who In?? ( Oh, but he must be better than Brew! He is only taking us one way. Next guy can't take us that way as well, can he??)

Beat Aberdeen and Motherwell and Brew will be the Saviour! Aye, that will be right! He will be the same as now but the support, or the current lack of it, will be changed. So much for the fickle fans.

Brewster needs an injection of realism - he is only a rookie manager, much to learn and to come on telly and spout like Alex Ferguson is embarrassing. So much for Brew!

The silent Board - just silence but lets hope it is contemplation!

Guest Spectre

As stated before, I have a problem with this whole black and white thing! Players need a punt up the rear, the board needs a punt up the rear and our manager needs.....to improve!

Exactly

Exactly

All this has been required since the last few games of last season. Do you not think enough time has past that the chances of kicks up the erse are gone and there has been no improvement.

I will admit that I am of the anti-Brewster camp and would never give him a chance. I believe if he succeeded he would leave us at the first opportunity and we'd be back at square one. That was one option when he was appointed the more likely was that he would fail and be sacked, I was not ready to give him a chance others were, admirably after his actions when he left and was at DUFC, and those others now see how bad a manager he really is.

Exactly

All this has been required since the last few games of last season. Do you not think enough time has past that the chances of kicks up the erse are gone and there has been no improvement.

I will admit that I am of the anti-Brewster camp and would never give him a chance. I believe if he succeeded he would leave us at the first opportunity and we'd be back at square one. That was one option when he was appointed the more likely was that he would fail and be sacked, I was not ready to give him a chance others were, admirably after his actions when he left and was at DUFC, and those others now see how bad a manager he really is.

Birddog I dont think there is a manager in the business that if he is a success would not leave to go onto bigger things, it happens all the time in football, there is hardly a manager in the game that hasnt moved onto better things if he has been a success

Edited by stevico1

Birddog I dont think there is a manager in the business that if he is a success would not leave to go onto bigger things, it happens all the time in football, there is hardly a manager in the game that hasnt moved onto better things if he has been a success

I don't doubt that Stevico but very few managers would cause as much disrest at the employer they had just left by using the press to break up his old team then expect to waltz back into his old job when things went tits up.

Guest Spectre

Fair point but at the end of the day money talks and when he waltzed out he did (it was stated) ensure that we got a decent amount of cash for him.

Fair point but at the end of the day money talks and when he waltzed out he did (it was stated) ensure that we got a decent amount of cash for him.

Was that enough compensation to pay for the damage caused to our team as well as the removal of our manager? I feel that if he did not take those actions back then we would be a team pushing for top six right now. That is why I dislike him being back here. He should never have been reappointed and I would probably be wisjing him luck wherever he did end up. I felt avenged when United booted him out but the anger returned when he came back.

I would like to point everyone in the direction of Blackburn. Paul Ince came in as the first ever black english gaffer in the EPL. Right now Blackburn are under acheiving, their players are misfiring, he has lost the dressing room and the board decided he had to go.

Couple of pointers for the Brew boys:

1. 'Brew has not had enough time' I hear you cry. He has had a year longer than Ince and has done nothing to deserve it

2.'He is still young. He might possibly get better if we let him relegate our team.' Ince was also young.

There is no way he can continue at the club. The players do not respect him, attendances are dwindling, fans are disgruntled, tactics are ridiculous and the key point for me is HE HAS NOT LEARNT FROM HIS MISTAKES. He makes the same ones time and again. That to me is the sign of a poor manager.

Pro Brewster boys how much more evidence do you need?

I would like to point everyone in the direction of Blackburn. Paul Ince came in as the first ever black english gaffer in the EPL. Right now Blackburn are under acheiving, their players are misfiring, he has lost the dressing room and the board decided he had to go.

Couple of pointers for the Brew boys:

1. 'Brew has not had enough time' I hear you cry. He has had a year longer than Ince and has done nothing to deserve it

2.'He is still young. He might possibly get better if we let him relegate our team.' Ince was also young.

There is no way he can continue at the club. The players do not respect him, attendances are dwindling, fans are disgruntled, tactics are ridiculous and the key point for me is HE HAS NOT LEARNT FROM HIS MISTAKES. He makes the same ones time and again. That to me is the sign of a poor manager.

Pro Brewster boys how much more evidence do you need?

I posted near an exact replica of this comment without knowing you had earlier today, but I completely agree. Blackburn saw the light, we just need to see it to!

Do you really think we got a decent amount for him. Bear in mind we're not just talking about losing a manager. We're talking a player, one of the better ones in the league, performing well. Scoring goals. And with over two years still on his contract. I dont think we got anywhere near his value.