Barry Wilson (Merged)

Reliably_Informed

I for one am really saddened by this decision. Not only was Barry a great servant to the club he is an absolute gentleman. Someone who knows the worth of the fans of the club. I wouldn't be surprised if he's offered a coaching role very soon. Aberdeen springs to mind. Jimmy Nichol thinks very highly of Barry. I'm sure he'll want to stay in the area though so player / coach at Elgin could be an option. Lets hope he doesn't get an offer from Partick.

Anyway Barry, I know you read this forum so Good Luck wherever you end up and we'll look forward to you coming back to ICT. Maybe even in the role of the guy who doesn't want you.

Anyone want to bet that Ian Black doesn't stay now.

Edited by Alex MacLeod

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying hard to look at this from Brewster's point of view. He sinks or swims as a manager by making his own decisions and there's no room for sentiment. If he's staying at the club long term he needs to be surrounded by his own men and Baz certainly isn't one of those.

However, bottom line: I think the club would be better off if Brewster left, not Baz.

Not surprised at all, he's not the player he used to be. We haven't seen any of those brilliant surging runs into the box for a while now as the pace has slowed. Sadly, time has taken its toll but thanks for the memories :rotflmao: .

Even if that was the case do you not think it would have been worthwhile to keep Barry at the club in a coaching role?

Guest Muir-Jaggie

i remeber when brewster was manager at Dundee Utd he was letting go there best players Lee Miller, Grant Brebner etc.. and the Utd fans were not happy and look what happend in the end 24 league games and only 9 points :thumb04:

he has let key players go for us :rotflmao:

i was one who wasnt to sure whether or not we should extend his contract but i actually do think its a big mistake not offering him a another six months, i thought he had a lot to offer more than just on the pitch.

Edited by CaleyP

As has been said there is no room for sentiment in football, but I can't help feeling this is yet another blunder!

The fabric of the club is being ripped apart, we seem to be stumbling around with no plan or direction.

Never mind I am sure freeing up Barry Wilson's wages will alow us to get Ritchie Byrne!!!!!!!

When Barry Wilson is introduced he almost always makes a huge impact. I think he's still probably our best attacking threat. To release him at his stage of the season, without a similar player lined up in the wings (no pun intended) to replace him would be a shocking decision. He still has alot to offer, particularly taking into account our lack of creativity in the final third particularly at home.

The only good reason I can think of for this decision would be to give Zander Sutherland a run in his place but given the fact that Vigurs was played on the right wing ahead of both him and Wilson on saturday (when we ought to have been chasing the game) I'm not sure if thats going to be the case.

:018: :rotflmao: :thumb04:

No room for sentiment. He should stay another 6 months for what he can do on the park in the last half an hour. Not a 90 minute player anymore but too important to us to let go.

Anyone else feel we're trimming down just in case we get relegated. Just seems the sort of thing that would happen with our board. Bet we're not looking to replace him.

Dross Countys his level now I'm afraid. Great servant to the club but its time to call it a day.

Agree, he no longer brings anything to the team, in his day he was creative yes, but none of his appearances this season suggest he is worthy of a contract.

Should he stay as a coach, IMO yes, nobody knows the team better than Barry, and the players respect him (probably greater then they do Brew). Will he stay as a coach, probably not :rotflmao:

He who lives by the sword......by the sword. If we sink so does Grassa, the Chief Executive, the plethora of coaches, the tea lady and the receptionists. They hold the true key to Brew and Malky's future. My guess is that Denzil will place the final nail in Brew's unfinished business and as Wolstenholme did say, 'they think it is all over, Brew and Malky are on the pitch (for the last time), Denzil has scored, it is now.'

On Saturday Grant mentioned the capitulation when we conceded a goal. That is not the message to give to the enemy. We need experience and we need passion for this club. Barry had passion for the club. He had significant experience and the ability to make people believe they could win. Grant needs support as indeed do the rest of the players. Cutting away Latapy was not the chosen route of Falkirk.

He is the only natrual right winger we have. But Brewsters too obsessed with his own rubbishy ideas to consider using him. He is also the only player that garuntees a delivery from the wide areas as well. This is just another on the long list of screw up's we've had to put up with from Brew.

I will be very sad to see him leave. I think since he returned in 2003 his contribution has been that of legendary status and if i had my way he would be staying till he probably retires at the end of the season...best of luck Barry but bad move Brew :rotflmao:

Edited by ajsict92

He is the only natrual right winger we have. But Brewsters too obsessed with his own rubbishy ideas to consider using him. He is also the only player that garuntees a delivery from the wide areas as well. This is just another on the long list of screw up's we've had to put up with from Brew.

I will be very sad to see him leave. I think since he returned in 2003 his contribution has been that of legendary status and if i had my way he would be staying till he probably retires at the end of the season...best of luck Barry but bad move Brew :rotflmao:

......what happens when we also lose Ian Black in January and possibly Don Cowie. I am of the opinion that Barry still has a lot to offer the club as a player and possibly a coach - BREWSTER YOU KNOW WHERE THE DOOR IS NOW SEE YOURSELF OUT & TAKE THE REST OF THE HEATHMOUNT MAFIA WITH YOU.

ok without even taking into account whether he can still be of use on the pitch, which i believe he can, this is a monumental kick in the teeth from the club given this is his testomonial year. if ever anyone needed proof that the plot has been lost then this is it. even the treatment of wyness pales into insignificance in comparison and its not just brewster who should be taking the flak on this one

Not surprised at all, he's not the player he used to be. We haven't seen any of those brilliant surging runs into the box for a while now as the pace has slowed. Sadly, time has taken its toll but thanks for the memories :rotflmao: .

Even if that was the case do you not think it would have been worthwhile to keep Barry at the club in a coaching role?

Stevico1, Barry is too much of a threat for Brew, he has shown that he is weak, knows nothing or has no man management skills, the players and fans alike respect Barry, he is ICT, and I for one believe he would see it as the honour it is to coach and eventually manage our beloved team, again something Brew lacks, though I also believe the Board will be pulling his strings, where will we be in January, I know, and I dont like it, GET RID OF BREW NOW AND KEEP BARRY

Stevico1, Barry is too much of a threat for Brew, he has shown that he is weak, knows nothing or has no man management skills, the players and fans alike respect Barry, he is ICT, and I for one believe he would see it as the honour it is to coach and eventually manage our beloved team, again something Brew lacks, though I also believe the Board will be pulling his strings, where will we be in January, I know, and I dont like it, GET RID OF BREW NOW AND KEEP BARRY

Gillian the more these things are happening the more I fear that your prediction that black will leave in Jan will come true

Guest Muir-Jaggie

What if the wages saved by releasing Barry are being used to secure contract extensions for Blackie and Cowie? Would fans still be complaining?

(Where's that "rhetorical question" smiley?)

what if the wages saved by releasing Barry are being used to secure a contract for brewster?

Gillian the more these things are happening the more I fear that your prediction that black will leave in Jan will come true

Stevico1, if only I could tell you, but believe me when I say, we are in one allmighty f***** mess, and I for one cant see away out of it, and if we loose Blackie and Cowie, well the rest is history, or should I say we are history, the quote earlier about reducing us hits home, certainly a ring of truth in it.

What if the wages saved by releasing Barry are being used to secure contract extensions for Blackie and Cowie? Would fans still be complaining?

(Where's that "rhetorical question" smiley?)

the reality is we would or Brew and the board would stoop that low, we are pathetic, to treat someone of his stature this way is beyond belief, I cant believe ive just said that, that is what we are employing, he is beneath contempt. And can I say if Blackie and Cowie are the men I think they are they wont want to be a part of it, so who looses out Barry, the team and the fans, BREW I HOPE YOU CAN SLEEP TONIGHT< BECAUSE YOU ARE CAUSING ME TO HAVE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS< get out now, bow out gracefully and with some shread of decency and allow someone of a better CALLIBRE TO TAKE OVER. SORRY ABOUT THE SPELLING, SPELL CHECK NOT WORKING.

Some things tell me I may have a little idea who Gillian is.

Anyway. Being of a cynical nature I also believe Black will now no longer be willing to stay. And there may also be one or two others who will follow out the door. No doubt family reasons will play some part in the excuses but cast minds back to when Brew came back. Reports of split in the dressing room. Niculae being blamed.

I believe there were two halves within our team. One half being players who spoke out or who supported those who spoke out. Not sure about Rankin but I believe Wyness, Dargo, Black, Wilson and possibly Hastings and McBain were on the one side. I believe Black will be offered a contract he cannot accept and will go. Others will follow.

And if the board cant see whats happening then they dont deserve to have the responsibility for a football team in Inverness.