Time for Action (Merged)

Guest Muir-Jaggie

My email, for what it's worth...

To whom it may concern,

I am a long-time fan and season ticket holder at Inverness Caledonian Thistle, and have taken much joy from this over the years. There is little doubt that, over the last few years, there will not have been many clubs whose supporters have seen as many wonderful moments as we have, ranging from the cup victories over Celtic, the first division title and a number of excellent results and performances since our promotion to the SPL.

Unfortunately, this season these moments have been few and far between.

My season ticket money has so far bought me only one victory, and instead numerous defeats and performances by the team which have not only been abysmal, but completely devoid of any entertainment value. This is a "credit crunch" age, where for a third of the price I could buy a cinema ticket, sit in warmer, more comfortable surroundings, and have a far better chance of a more enjoyable afternoon.

While I am aware that our club's resources are somewhat smaller than most other clubs in our division, I do not feel that this will do. I suspect that a number of factors are involved, but the one constant criticism amongst fans, and journalists, is that the team currently lack tactical acumen, spirit and leadership. It would, I think, be fair to say that the man responsible for each of these is the manager.

This season, Craig Brewster has proven that he can only take us in one direction - down. Statistics show that we have never had a worse season results-wise, and as we lurch from one defeat to another, there has been absolutely nothing to suggest that he can turn us round. The January transfer window is coming up, and I believe that we need to install a new man (or woman!) in the role in time to exploit this and sign the reinforcements the squad requires. If this does not happen, we will be relegated.

I love this club with all my heart, but if, under the helm of Brewster, we end up in the first division, while still playing the boring, tepid football of this season, you will lose my season ticket money for next year, and every season after that until a new manager is appointed. I suspect that I many not be in the minority in this matter.

Yours faithfully,

Edited by hislopsoffsideagain

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Spectre

With all due respect you can prove almost anything with statistics, or data mining. The only statistic that's really important is finishing 11th or better in the league.

You do have a point. It is frequently the case that statistics and numbers can be interpreted in many different ways, especially when there can be some argument about inconclusive data sets ..... but please, just take a look at the win, loss and draw% columns on the far right and honestly tell me they do not worry you.

What worries me is performances like the one against Hamilton where we couldn't seem to be bothered to compete. Ditto (from the reports) of that last week against St Mirren and indeed the BBC highlights which, if representative, looks like we were lucky to only go down by 2.

The tactics against Dundee United worried me but I thought the performance was ok. I thought the performance against Hearts was ok and, had Blackie not been injured after 10 minutes, that we'd probably got a point at least.

I'm not going to be worried if our win ratio is 27% or 30% or 33%, at least not when 4 other teams are in the same boat. But I sure am worried when it looks like we aren't up for a fight, because that's what we are in.

That's why, in my view, the key is whether Brewster can turn around the performance level, as he has, arguable, done for us before.

I accept that a lot of posters here think he can't. I like to believe it's still possible.

Guest WynessLegend

What a sad state of affairs... it's like little kids stomping their feet because they can't get what they want

I'm not a massive Brewster fan but does he deserve to have this sort of witch hunt... I mean honestly????

As for the Bazza thing has it occured to anyone that he might be letting him go so he can offer better contracts to Cowie & Black or get in a new player?? Wyness went, it caused a big uproar and we got in Rooney who is younger, and already scored more goals than him and he is coming off the bench most of the time

I would have preferred for Bazza to stay on at the club but I am prepared to see if he has a replacement lined up before I get my pitch fork out...

Who else do you think we can attract as our new manager??? It'll have to be someone who can get us straight into Europe or he'll be for the chop same time next year when our fans start to get restless

I can tell you now what will happen if Brew goes... some hatchet-man will come in on a temporary contract until the end of the season hopefully save us from relegation and then sign a long term deal only for us to find out he isn't the "Special one" our fans become restless yet again and we are back to square one

I am far from happy with our current position in the league but I do think there are signs of a good young football playing team

Well stated Harry.

The lynch mob are out of control and, frankly, have made this site a bit of a laughing stock.

I'm not going to be worried if our win ratio is 27% or 30% or 33%, at least not when 4 other teams are in the same boat. But I sure am worried when it looks like we aren't up for a fight, because that's what we are in.

That is the point I was trying to get across .......

looking at all the stats I would be happy if we were somewhere in the region of 33/33/33 as that would mean we were winning and drawing our fair share of games ...... but when you see a small percentage of wins and an even smaller percentage of draws, it leads you (along with knowing the actual results) to conclude that we get the odd win, havent got the fight to claw back to a draw if we are losing and once we are behind, we almost always lose ..... thats not the ICT that I know !

What a sad state of affairs... it's like little kids stomping their feet because they can't get what they want

I'm not a massive Brewster fan but does he deserve to have this sort of witch hunt... I mean honestly????

As for the Bazza thing has it occured to anyone that he might be letting him go so he can offer better contracts to Cowie & Black or get in a new player?? Wyness went, it caused a big uproar and we got in Rooney who is younger, and already scored more goals than him and he is coming off the bench most of the time

I would have preferred for Bazza to stay on at the club but I am prepared to see if he has a replacement lined up before I get my pitch fork out...

Who else do you think we can attract as our new manager??? It'll have to be someone who can get us straight into Europe or he'll be for the chop same time next year when our fans start to get restless

I can tell you now what will happen if Brew goes... some hatchet-man will come in on a temporary contract until the end of the season hopefully save us from relegation and then sign a long term deal only for us to find out he isn't the "Special one" our fans become restless yet again and we are back to square one

I am far from happy with our current position in the league but I do think there are signs of a good young football playing team

Well stated Harry.

The lynch mob are out of control and, frankly, have made this site a bit of a laughing stock.

Feel free to log out any time you like.

Well stated Harry.

If you think we are becoming a "laughing stock" to fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion. However, what I see is an ever increasing number of people with ICT in their hearts who are slowly but surely coming to the realisation that things are not right and who want to put their opinions out there to try and stop the rot before it is too late. If we dont act until we are relegated, it will already be too late.

As has been said in other threads, this is not so much an "anti-Brewster" sentiment (although there is an element of that from some), it is more of a PRO-ICT groundswell. I can remember back to the end of our first ever season and can honestly say that it looks like many fans have a lower regard for the current manager's ability than they did for Sergei and he (allegedly) used to fine his defenders for going over the halfway line !!!

If it takes this site being a "laughing stock" to effect change, then so be it. I don't have a self esteem problem so it wont cause me the least bit of worry and is far preferable to the alternative which is 1st (or lower) division oblivion.

Edited by Scotty
added a bit more to what i wanted to say !

Guest WynessLegend

Well stated Harry.

If we have to be a "laughing stock" to get the message across then so be it. I don't have a self esteem problem so it wont cause me the least bit of worry.

That's why you were sent to the colonies in the first place.

When a new manager comes in, it can often lead to a rise in performance as players are out to retain their position in the team etc.

The only times I can remember turning anything around (in a positive manner) was when he first arrived at us in both spells and when he's played.

And....even if we were to accept that Brewster might be capable of turning things around....how long do you give him? How much more do you seriously think fans should have to put up with the dross? Do we wait until January when players are so demoralised that they're all heading for the door? Do we wait until after the split when it might still be mathematically possible to avoid relegation?

For me, the ideal time for changing managers is 4 to 6 weeks before a transfer window, because whoever comes in has to be given a fair chance to assess the squad there already and perhaps look to do something in the transfer window itself (if need be).

I think Brewster has had enough time to prove just how much he can get out of the team, and to be frank, he's not getting the best - or anything near it. I don't think anyone could deny that the players are better than what we're seeing at present.

Yes, you could argue that it's the fault of the players and that they should be playing 100% regardless of any feelings they have about the manager, but that doesn't fix anything and if we need a change then it's far easier to replace a manager to improve the situation than it is to replace the majority of the playing squad.

Something needs to change and it needs to change sooner rather than later. It's not just league position that's being effected, it's crowds, it's goodwill, it's the clubs income......it's the entire future of ICT.

Well stated Harry.

If we have to be a "laughing stock" to get the message across then so be it. I don't have a self esteem problem so it wont cause me the least bit of worry.

That's why you were sent to the colonies in the first place.

Honestly, have you nothing constructive to add to this forum? You call people morons for having an opinion which is contrary to yours then you make personal attacks on people who answer you in a polite manner.

I don't see anybody laughing. Care to expand?

By your lack of a reply to my question on the 'genius' thread, I take it you missed that gutless performance on Saturday.

I've seen ICT play regularly since the East Stirling game back in 1994. Till now there's only been one direction - upward. Brewster and his assistant will take us back to div 1 and oblivion, just like our near neighbours.

By all means disagree, but stop the patronising drivel and back up your arguments with a bit of substance.

For all your complaints about people ganging up on Brewster I think there are more like me who have found this season so depressing they can hardly be bothered so are actually letting him off lightly.

Now where's those avatars? I'm getting one.

The Mantis (PRO-ICT).

When a new manager comes in, it can often lead to a rise in performance as players are out to retain their position in the team etc.

The only times I can remember turning anything around (in a positive manner) was when he first arrived at us in both spells and when he's played.

Charlie left us after 3 straight defeats at the start of last season. Brewster took over and we lost at least the next 3 if not 4 straight games equaling a 6 or 7 straight SPL defeats. There is no way based on the facts that we can say Brewster took over and turned things around from Charlie.........

That spell also equaled the record SPL defeats in a row which was previously held by Aberdeen at the time i think???

PS Just for the record i emailed my concerns into the club and copied them in to CaleyD last night.

PPS CaleyD - How many of us have emailed mike smith - you have any idea yet?, would be interesting to know how many are putting thier money where thier mouths are?

There's 8 e.mails gone to the club that I know of for 100% certain (i.e. I was copied in) since last night, but I believe there's others over and above that.

10 if you include the copied emails myself and hislopoffsideagain have posted on here.

There's 8 e.mails gone to the club that I know of for 100% certain (i.e. I was copied in) since last night, but I believe there's others over and above that.

Disappointing so far, I know of at least 1 more though, perhaps 2 depending on if my father sent you a copy also.

Guest Murdock

Disappointing so far, I know of at least 1 more though, perhaps 2 depending on if my father sent you a copy also.

Sorry mate but mine was one of the eight so you do not know of at least one more.

The following is taken from the National Club Licensing Manual.

Section 9 - Code of Practice

Criteria 9.3.1

Requirement 8 - Supporter Contact

That the club will respond to any reasonable contact from a supporter within seven days, by the most appropriate method, unless under extreme circumstances which renders the club unable to respond.

If this is true and I have no reason whatsoever to doubt CaleyD then the club's own "Supporters charter" is in breach of the rules.

Customer Service

We will continually seek to improve the quality of service we provide for our supporters.

We seek to achieve the highest level of service to all our supporters.

We will treat all our customers in a professional and courteous manner.

We will try to respond to any contact from a supporter within fourteen days, unless circumstances which renders our administration unable to respond.

Source

A wee reminder of the email addresses for those who may have missed them and are wanting to get involved.

I urge everyone who is not currently happy with anything going on at ICT at the moment to write or e.mail the club to make your feelings known.

Keep the letter/e.mails simple by stating your dissatisfaction and asking that the club take your views on board along with the views of the many others who share them. I know how these things work and if people try to go in to too much detail/depth then it only gives the club an excuse to pick holes and ignore the real issues.

I would also suggest that you copy the Supporters Trust in to your communications and if you want then you can also copy in myself so that we can keep track of how many e.mails are going to the club (not that I don't trust them to acknowledge everyone)

Club - info@ictfc.co.uk

Supporters Trust - info@ictsupporterstrust.co.uk

Me - donald@caleythistleonline.com

Use the Subject Line to mark your communication for the attention of the Board of Directors.

Again, please keep your communications simple and, although emotions are running high, please try and keep them civil.

EDIT- 148 votes that he should go in the Brewster Yes or No! Thread and only a handful of emails known. I know that some will not have sent a copy to CaleyD but I honestly expected a better response, I will still do what I can but I sense that we wont really get anywhere in time. The transfer window opens in less than two weeks and if we are to get a new man in place it needs to be before then otherwise we will either be left with Brewster to get us relegated or if the BoD see sense after New Year the new man will be left with Brewster's mess to clean up and little or no time to do it.

Edited by birdog

Sorry mate but mine was one of the eight so you do not know of at least one more.

Oh well, get yourself an avatar and a cheeky sig Bro. Still not fancying coming to the match?

Gots myself a new avatar :rotflmao:

Only been to one game this season (Hearts Away) this is mainly due to working every Saturday, but usually I would ask for time off, this season however there is nothing motivating me to actually want to pay my money to go to a game.

Done work at 4.30 this Saturday, so if there was to be a protest after the game I would DEFINITELY make my way down for it :thumb04:

Keep up the good work guys, things will be put right soon.. :018: