John Robertson (Robbo)

JohnRobertson

HI gringo

if i am available i would certainly do it though you may have to settle for just part of the trip caleyd my apologies 4 3 3 !!!! jesus you boys are tough

kind regards

robbo

Well if robbos up for it I will also take part

DONE DEAL!!! lol (we'll dicuss more over a beverage thats long in the waiting)

Robbo -

We all share the same passions for ICT, but what makes you tic when it comes to Inverness and ICT. Clearly you were a legend at the likes of Hearts and Livingston, and were you not a hibs fan too? Why Inverness CT?

ok gringo

last one strange but the place just felt right i had freedom to be myself could walk on the beach drive in to hills escape the rat race that was edinburgh met girl of my dreams and now both of us are happy and love life here as said i had 5 year plan but let my heart rule my head but thats life i will continue to help in anyway i can at this moment its standing up for the club on radio and continue my campaign to show we are very bit as good as the big city clubs we have alot going for us and rermember we are all

NIL NISI OPTIMUM

good night

robbo

HI gringo

if i am available i would certainly do it though you may have to settle for just part of the trip caleyd my apologies 4 3 3 !!!! jesus you boys are tough

kind regards

robbo

Well if robbos up for it I will also take part

DONE DEAL!!! lol (we'll dicuss more over a beverage thats long in the waiting)

yes mate good shout

No Scotty

Its not Mo i have been working away with a contact on the posssibilty of setting up a feeder club in the usa that would allow all the best young players to be brought over to the club for trials and assessment in my mind the usa is a huge potential area and one i would encourage my next club to get involved in.

As regards team selection i dont think it is very fair to ask that as i am not the manager of the team

kind regards

robbo

The MLS is definitely a good hunting ground ..... Rangers took Maurice Edu from Toronto and I had the privilege of watching him in TFCs first season, if Walter can get him playing to his potential he will be a star. Its expected that Marvell Wynne (a tough no-nonsense right back with blistering pace) will be the next TFC player to head to Europe and I think this year will be a big one for Abdus Ibrahim (nickname Ibee) a teenage "wonderkid" who looks tremendous. The same is true for most MLS sides, plenty of young talent which is starting to go eastwards, some decent 20-30 somethings and the influx of "fading" stars coming westwards ... its actually quite entertaining.

Sorry I mised you Robbo, the best thread we have had on here for a very long time!

Just wanted to thank you for the best footballing day out of my life - nay make that best two days as the win at Clyde the week before was something very special and set us off on the walk up the road full of high spirits.

Could not believe it when you walked into the end of season party and handed the trophy to me and Part-Timer for it to begin its journey round the room. What a fantastc gesture to the fans that was, we will never ever forget it.

The very best of luck to you in your next venture wherever that may be - slainte

:rotflmao:

Hi Robbo,

Been reading this today and what a lift it seems to be giving all those on this site. 24 hours of no abusive post. Great tonic.

My question: Last time I seen you you were driving away from the Drumossie on the night of Bazza's dinner. Why didn't you stay and buy me the drink you owe me?

Be in Heathmount on 2nd /3rd Jan if you want to buy it then :rotflmao:

Alex MacLeod

No Scotty

Its not Mo i have been working away with a contact on the posssibilty of setting up a feeder club in the usa that would allow all the best young players to be brought over to the club for trials and assessment in my mind the usa is a huge potential area and one i would encourage my next club to get involved in.

As regards team selection i dont think it is very fair to ask that as i am not the manager of the team

kind regards

robbo

The MLS is definitely a good hunting ground ..... Rangers took Maurice Edu from Toronto and I had the privilege of watching him in TFCs first season, if Walter can get him playing to his potential he will be a star. Its expected that Marvell Wynne (a tough no-nonsense right back with blistering pace) will be the next TFC player to head to Europe and I think this year will be a big one for Abdus Ibrahim (nickname Ibee) a teenage "wonderkid" who looks tremendous. The same is true for most MLS sides, plenty of young talent which is starting to go eastwards, some decent 20-30 somethings and the influx of "fading" stars coming westwards ... its actually quite entertaining.

I've always said since i was about 15 that the MLS would start to produce some good players and the USA and Australia would have an impact on world football (or soccer) in the years to follow. Yet i was often laughed at for this. Alot of the guys over there have the technical ability in abundance and the grass roots system (from what i here from my cousins over near Toronto) seems in far excess of our own here now. Now they are starting to get some passion for the game and it is starting to gain popularity (tho will never overtake Basketball, Baseball, American rules) i think that the market over there will be a key hunting ground in years to come.

I've heard of the young Ibrahim. Believe he's a young midfielder. Jozy Altidore im sure was making a name for himself too. Its a shame that young Adu struggled to cope with his early found fame. Hopefully he'll find his feet in Europe soon. Is he still at Benifica for that matter?

So the sooner Brew gets the sack, the sooner Robbo can tell us if he wants the job eh :rotflmao:

Hi Robbo

Until Caley D put his stamp of authority on here by stating that you were THE Robbo I was sceptical

But....er....then, why have you not completed your profile on here? For me it would be interesting.

One question though. Could you please tell me what happened in Ireland that convinced you to come back to Scotland and leave Irish Football behind. Were you too homesick ?

Cheers --I also enjoy your Open All Mikes commentaries ; honesty and passion --two great qualities.

Scarlet

Robbo....

Can scarcely believe that I've found a positive source on this site! Many thanks indeed - my night is made (especially after that game yesterday at St Midden)(one to forget)(a good day out, spoiled by the result).

Your input is definitely a breath of fresh air to the Forum! When will you be back to ICT in a paid capacity - soon I hope? So many happy memories and whenever you are doing the radio commentary, we all know it will be fresh, concise and not (south of A9) nonsense. From the North Stand, the binoculars are trained on you!!!!!! in the press area - here comes the master, with his expert views.

Best regards to you and 'her indoors' and her laptop.

PRESENTED TO YOU BY ORION, ALAN SAVAGE AND STEVICO - Et tu Brute.

This thread should be preserved for history as the most inflammatory ever and aimed at the downfall of the present regime. Arent internal feckin politics great ?

What a feckin great thread / idea. ;) :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018:

But hey guys - if ya need a replacement fer Mike Smith ?

I think coming on here and answering all these questions is one hell of a gesture to us. It's been tremendously interesting and informative.

May I just say that the way you constantly stand up for us during your radio appearances, taking on those who might consider us to be a piddly backward club (mind you, we probably are a middly backward club) has also been noted by the ICT support and is much appreciated.

ok gringo

last one strange but the place just felt right i had freedom to be myself could walk on the beach drive in to hills escape the rat race that was edinburgh met girl of my dreams and now both of us are happy and love life here as said i had 5 year plan but let my heart rule my head but thats life i will continue to help in anyway i can at this moment its standing up for the club on radio and continue my campaign to show we are very bit as good as the big city clubs we have alot going for us and rermember we are all

NIL NISI OPTIMUM

good night

robbo

What a fantastic post :lol:

I've switched to listening to Open All Mikes because you're hilarious and Scott Davie and Brian Irvine just pi55 me off with their relentless ICT bashing ;) And because you gave me my best day in football (when we won the 1st division) and my worst day in football (the day you left) (and my 2nd best day in football when we beat Hearts at Tynie :018: what a mess we were in :thumb04: ) I'm not even going to ask you any questions - even though I have loads - just wish you luck for the future and hope that you manage to find a good club to manage preferably a ten minute drive from your house :rotflmao:

Lx

• 1 month later...

For those who missed this first time around, have a read and most of your questions have probably been answered already. He certainly explains what happened after he left us for Hearts.

To avoid any confusion, Sally is Robbo using Mrs Robbos computer. :-)