Caley and Thistle Away Shirts

Renegade

In the 80s/90s Caley had a white top with blue shorts and Thistle had an all light blue strip (sometimes with black shorts I think) - before that I can't remember and the majority of photos are black and white so difficult to tell....

I am sure CB remembers more from his childhood days.... :rotflmao:

Thistle's last away strip was green. I remember being at its official launch in the Haughdale in 1992 I think (a bit later thaqn my childhood days!). Excellent lunch it was too!

I remember in 70s/early 80s Caley had an all white strip with diagonal blue and red stripes on the top. I think Crystal palace had a similar one at some point.

I seem to remember laterly, the change strip being the home strip inverted (ie: Blue shorts, white top and socks). But away strips were seldom used or seen as i dont think there was another blue and white team in the league apart from Peterhead

Edited by SMEE

I remember in 70s/early 80s Caley had an all white strip with diagonal blue and red stripes on the top. I think Crystal palace had a similar one at some point.

I seem to remember laterly, the change strip being the home strip inverted (ie: Blue shorts, white top and socks). But away strips were seldom used or seen as i dont think there was another blue and white team in the league apart from Peterhead

Quite right Smee about the blue strips - I vaguely remember a cold day at the footie, as a wee bairn, cheering on the team in blue running onto the field and then saying to my Dad - "Who are they, playing for Caley" - and the reply was "Shut up - that's Peterheid". Learned after that to keep quiet.

Not so, when at Telford Street, one lady whose husband was an ardent fan of Caley, and sat in the Stand beside us (with Anne Shaw as was, her Dad, and Neil Smith's wife and daughter) but had to be explained to, that teams changed ends at half time - to her husband's exasperation and our quiet but hopefully disguised humour! Happy days.

Also remember when it was a Peterhead throw-in, the call from their support was "Tis a heid ba"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I remember Thistle with a couple of Orange away tops. The worst was the very light blue with splashes of purple and I am sure it had purple shorts as well.

In the early 70,s Caleys change/away strip was red and white vertical striped shirt, white shorts

I remember Thistle with a couple of Orange away tops. The worst was the very light blue with splashes of purple and I am sure it had purple shorts as well.

In the early 70,s Caleys change/away strip was red and white vertical striped shirt, white shorts

Remember the red and white stripe shirt but was it not blue shorts and red socks?

Remember the red and white stripe shirt but was it not blue shorts and red socks?

It might have been at one time, but I can certainly remember them in white shorts with the red/white striped shirts. Have not got a clue as to the colour of the socks. Can also remember Caley in blue and white vertical striped jerseys as well and I think I have a photo of Andy Sinclair in this strip so that dates it about 72-73

It might have been at one time, but I can certainly remember them in white shorts with the red/white striped shirts. Have not got a clue as to the colour of the socks. Can also remember Caley in blue and white vertical striped jerseys as well and I think I have a photo of Andy Sinclair in this strip so that dates it about 72-73

Aye - the man from wick - nice guy but seen milk turn quicker!

Aye - the man from wick - nice guy but seen milk turn quicker!

You summed him up pretty well. He was signed early on in 72 as a someone who could play centre half or centre forward having had good reviews as an Aberdeen University player. Did not look anywhere near good enough for Caley and far too cumbersome, but I remember him playing for Brora a few seasons later and he looked OK. Became a history teacher, I think